PDA

View Full Version : Zone Exclusive: Kevin Shenoy

northernbillfan
12-10-2008, 07:56 AM
Here is this week's rant from Kevin Shenoy:

Early this week, Dick Jauron stupidly said, “JP has shown us he can win big games” as a show of support for his beleaguered back up QB. Sadly for this underachieving team, I guess by big game, he means the inconsequential game in Houston where JP showed (once) that he could lead a two minute drill so long the conditions were right. He needed a miracle catch against the worst team in football. But I digress.

The reason I bring this up is that when your coach says something as stupid as this and believes it, it may be the reason they call a fade route in the back of the end zone on 1st and goal from the three. Had Dick Jauron and company just admitted, “Hey we have perhaps the worst back up QB in the NFL right now,” they would have pounded it out 3 to 4 times and possibly scored. Maybe they don’t, but it’s better than throwing the game away.

I know you are thinking, “The play call was run with an audible to the pass in the event of a blitz.” And yes, the Dolphins blitzed on that play. However, my beef is with the fact we were treated to a pass to our short receiver even though we have a 6’5” receiver who this play is designed for. A touch pass from this QB is not his strength. As a result it is a terrible play call.

Full article (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2008/12/10/one_fans_view_three_weeks_and_counting.php)

Mad Bomber
12-11-2008, 08:42 AM
Yet another great read from trapezeus.