PDA

View Full Version : We added another loser LB to the roster!!

HHURRICANE
12-10-2008, 10:38 AM
Vince Hall.

Jan Reimers
12-10-2008, 10:38 AM
Wow. Our season is saved.

bigbub2352
12-10-2008, 10:46 AM
what are his stats? we added him to the PS were we needed LBer depth but who the hell is he

Pinkerton Security
12-10-2008, 10:49 AM
He's from VT. Very undersized.

http://virginiatech.scout.com/a.z?s=191&p=9&c=2&cid=817824&nid=3200106&fhn=1

HHURRICANE
12-10-2008, 10:52 AM
He's from VT. Very undersized.

http://virginiatech.scout.com/a.z?s=191&p=9&c=2&cid=817824&nid=3200106&fhn=1

5'11" is a stretch.

Pinkerton Security
12-10-2008, 10:53 AM
Apparently was one of the top linebackers in the nation, but had some injury problems. He is undersized, which doesnt necessarily mean he doesnt project to the pros, but he was graded fairly poorly. You never know with guys like this though, look at Fletch.

Jan Reimers
12-10-2008, 10:55 AM
He actually sounds OK, having been a very productive college career. Seems like he's had some injury problems, but is over them now.

yordad
12-10-2008, 11:00 AM
"We added another loser LB to the roster!!"

It is week 14. Did you expect a winner?

HHURRICANE
12-10-2008, 11:00 AM
He actually sounds OK, having been a very productive college career. Seems like he's had some injury problems, but is over them now.

Sounds like you might be getting "jedi" mind tricked again. He's a 5'11" linebacker that weighs 235. This is smaller, darker version, of Coy Wire.

Jan Reimers
12-10-2008, 11:04 AM
Sounds like you might be getting "jedi" mind tricked again. He's a 5'11" linebacker that weighs 235. This is smaller, darker version, of Coy Wire.
But way bigger than Jon Corto. With the Bills, because of our lack of talent, we can always make favorable comparisons.

GreedoII
12-10-2008, 11:08 AM
For the love of Pete! Why is Schobel not on IR? Who keeps a player on the sidelines for 9 friggin weeks??? Everybody else went to IR. This is the same injury Freeney had and he got put on IR. This is so ridiculous. This Crowell thing isa more egg on this mess of a front office.....

HHURRICANE
12-10-2008, 11:11 AM
For the love of Pete! Why is Schobel not on IR? Who keeps a player on the sidelines for 9 friggin weeks??? Everybody else went to IR. This is the same injury Freeney had and he got put on IR. This is so ridiculous. This Crowell thing isa more egg on this mess of a front office.....

We are the biggest joke of a franchise. Like trading for players that we can't sign or promising not to franchise players that we can get draft picks for.

mysticsoto
12-10-2008, 11:13 AM

That is interesting, isn't it? We have 6 DEs in our active roster:

Ryan Denny
Chris Kelsay
Aaron Schobel
Copeland Bryan
Corey Mace
Ryan Neil (ok - technically, he's the LS)

GreedoII
12-10-2008, 11:27 AM
My only guess is that they hoped they be in the playoff hunt, but it's clear that;s not going to happen so IR his useless azz and play some players that can produce for us in the future? Give more snaps for Copeland or Mace or try different things. I dunno. Evaluate talent??? Man I hate this team. I also agree with a poster who puts some blame on overrated Marv too. He made a nice mess with these scrubs we have now along with this POS coach we have.

Jan Reimers
12-10-2008, 11:29 AM
Chris Brown must think the PS maximum number is six. His blog indicates Hall's "spot" (singular) was created by Mace's promotion.

TacklingDummy
12-10-2008, 11:30 AM
Vince Hall.

The kid has potential.

Future Hall of Famer.

Tatonka
12-10-2008, 11:31 AM
hall was an awesome player at virginia tech. pretty dominant on a dominant defense. he had great game speed and was always all over the field.

i havent paid attention to anything he has done in the pros though, so i cant say whether or not he woudl be any good.

yordad
12-10-2008, 12:01 PM
For the love of Pete! Why is Schobel not on IR? Who keeps a player on the sidelines for 9 friggin weeks??? Everybody else went to IR. This is the same injury Freeney had and he got put on IR.OK. what is his injury anyways?

madness
12-10-2008, 12:08 PM
I'm starting to wish some of you would hang yourself and get it over with.

Seriously, it's the freakin' practice squad.

bigbub2352
12-10-2008, 12:19 PM
[quote=Jan Reimers]Chris Brown must think the PS maximum number is six. His blog indicates Hall's "spot" (singular) was created by Mace's promotion.[/quote
jan, go back to my other thread i figured it out we have only 7 on the ps

felton huggins wr
cj hawthorne wr
mike jefferson wr
marcus smith de
vince hall lb
brandon rodd g
bruce hall rb

unless they brought back Denman
with only 3 active DTs and 3 healthy CB dont u think we should get rid of 2 wrs and add that????

bigbub2352
12-10-2008, 12:22 PM
I'm starting to wish some of you would hang yourself and get it over with.

Seriously, it's the freakin' practice squad.

Actually as i explained in my other thread some of our biggest depth issues have come from mismangement on the Practice Squad
Also with no NfL Europe u need to be developin players on there more than ever

there were weeks that went by this year and last year were we had open spots on our practice squad and didnt address it even though we had injuries on the active roster
really weird actually what does Ron Guy do again???
and i agree 100% about Schobel wtf is he not on IR for
9 weeks come on makes no sense at all

ronholm78
12-10-2008, 12:51 PM
Ok...someone get a clue...Vince Hall could be a great pickup...he has a real knack for the ball. He is a bit undersized but I watched him his entire career at VTech and he was a sound tackler and understands special teams. Buffalo can't pick up every pro bowler...some people are role players and just solid back-ups...that being said he should have been drafted and has had injury issues....so I hope it works out for us because in college he was a stud.

DraftBoy
12-10-2008, 01:42 PM

He's the same size of Cato June who is 6'0, 227 so please don't go with a similar Coy Wire here.

That's just a ridiculous statement.

Hall as a whole is a sound tackler, has good play recogntion skills, and can hit. He is not the best at shedding blocks due to his limited size and ideally you'd like a little more speed but what can you do? He is an OLB in the NFL who played MLB at VT. Overall I like the signing because he has potential as a C2 LB.

Pinkerton Security
12-10-2008, 02:03 PM
He's the same size of Cato June who is 6'0, 227 so please don't go with a similar Coy Wire here.

That's just a ridiculous statement.

Hall as a whole is a sound tackler, has good play recogntion skills, and can hit. He is not the best at shedding blocks due to his limited size and ideally you'd like a little more speed but what can you do? He is an OLB in the NFL who played MLB at VT. Overall I like the signing because he has potential as a C2 LB.

agree. And how much worse can you do than Keith Ellison?

DBrown77
12-10-2008, 02:05 PM
"We added another loser LB to the roster!!"

It is week 14. Did you expect a winner? I think he expected us to pick up Urlacher or Ray Lewis off the waiver wire and put them on our practice squad

jdbillsfan
12-10-2008, 03:25 PM
I am big fan of Vince Hall. Of course I am biased because I went to tech, but he always outperformed the more publicized Xavier Adibi, who had all the measurables.

PECKERWOOD
12-10-2008, 03:26 PM
People complain when our PS isn't full, but then when we sign somebody to the PS, they're crap anyways? Get a grip, make up your mind. Atleast they added somebody with potential, for crying out loud.

Jeff1220
12-10-2008, 03:27 PM
Wasn't he once the singer for Motley Cue.
lol-j/k.

Mahdi
12-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Coy Wire was 223 at most. 235 is typical of a cover 2 or coverage LB. I bet 1/3 of the OLB in the NFL are within 2 pounds of 235.

Tatonka
12-10-2008, 08:13 PM
I am big fan of Vince Hall. Of course I am biased because I went to tech, but he always outperformed the more publicized Xavier Adibi, who had all the measurables.

that is an excellent effing point.

go hokies.

tampabay25690
12-11-2008, 06:05 AM
Vince Hall.

I didn't know if you played in the NFL you were a loser???

TacklingDummy
12-11-2008, 06:16 AM
He must be good if he was on the Bills practice squad.

LtFinFan66
12-11-2008, 06:19 AM
Apparently was one of the top linebackers in the nation, but had some injury problems. He is undersized, which doesnt necessarily mean he doesnt project to the pros, but he was graded fairly poorly. You never know with guys like this though, look at Fletch.See: Zach Thomas