X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marvelous
    • Feb 2004

QB tends to make or break us

So why don't we be prepared for next season & get some insurance??????
    Even if we never need said insurance. Heck i've not used my 3 auto insurances for anything in 3 years(knock-wood), but feels good knowing i have it, even though it is/was kinda a waste o' money since i didn't use it..

---We lacked QB insurance for Drew & we paid dearly...
    --This year it was soooo ebarrassing having JP out there. He is a rob Johnson clone when it comes to Pocket prowess...
    --Next year we lose JP(yippie), so either a Vet or a rookie.. The rookie has to atleast be a 3rd round or higher to be worth a dmn for his rookie season IMO. Sure a 5th could work out but the odds are just a tad stacked..

--So again- If QB makes/breaks us, why not be VERY prepared????

Also, i by no means in denial of othe pressing needs, but no need positions will guarantee a loss for us like total mediocrity @ QB............
    GO BILLS!!! NE
    Magical Trevor
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: QB tends to make or break us

I would say that an offseason FA QB is defintely going to happen.

Comment

• Marvelous
      • Feb 2004

Surely. But that's guaranteedd only because of Depth chart needs.. I insist we up the stakes due to insurance or everything i mentioned above.....Look what Trents injury cost us this year...

--Soooo sad that JP busted. Man i was/AM so ready for our next Jimbo.......!
      GO BILLS!!! NE
      Magical Trevor

Comment

• yordad
        • Dec 2007

We have been broke for so long that you, me, the coaches, and no one else seems to know what "makes us".
        Originally posted by Marvelous
        Look what Trents injury cost us this year...
        His injury cost nada. He sucked too.
        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
          Defies all logic
          • Oct 2006

Why don't we make a push for Donovan McNabb? I'm sure McNabb would LOVE to get the hell out of Philly after the way he's been treated. I'd be willing to give up maybe a 3rd & 5th round to aquire him. It's obvious that Reid wants to hand the reigns over to Kolb, so this would be a perfect time for them to get some picks for their previous QB. Plus, McNabb played for Syracuse, so that's a plus. That immediately gives him the respect of a third of our fanbase.

Comment

• Typ0
            honey pie
            • Jul 2002

OBD should be looking to upgrade every position and do the best they can to do that. No question the acquisition of a QB is in the cards this offseason. Warner would be a good pick-up...McNabb no he's broken all the time and that is something we need to be concerned about with Edwards.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
              Defies all logic
              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Typ0
              OBD should be looking to upgrade every position and do the best they can to do that. No question the acquisition of a QB is in the cards this offseason. Warner would be a good pick-up...McNabb no he's broken all the time and that is something we need to be concerned about with Edwards.
              McNabb does get hurt alot, but when he is healthy it's hard to find a better QB in the NFL. Plus, I like Edwards in the role as a backup, we'd be set at QB with McNabb here. Plus, he would have far better options at WR here then he had in Philly. He has a cannon for an arm and him and Lee would go together well.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                Defies all logic
                • Oct 2006

Oh yah, plus Trent gets to learn from a big time winner. Every program where McNabb has been, the program has done very well. He was a winner in highschool, college and a winner in the NFL. Also, don't forget that McNabb is quite adept at running the WCO, you know the offense that we've been trying to run here!

Comment

Working...
                X