PDA

View Full Version : Looks like its JP on Sunday

patmoran2006
12-10-2008, 04:17 PM
from Chris Brown's Blog:
Injury update (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2008/12/10/injury-update-14/)

By Chris Brown - Posted December 10th, 2008
Trent Edwards (groin) missed practice again on Wednesday. He declined to elaborate on how his injury is healing.
Josh Reed (back) was suffering from back spasms and could not practice.
Marcus Stroud (hip) is dealing with a hip problem. Dick Jauron did not get into the severity of the injury.
Donte Whitner missed practice due to illness. No word on whether he’ll be able to practice Thursday.
Aaron Schobel was absent with the foot. Dustin Fox (groin) also did not practice.
Jabari Greer (knee) was limited in practice Wednesday, his first practice since suffering the injury against Cleveland a month ago.
--------------------------------------------
I honestly may go to shopping than watch this team with JP this Sunday, and I honestly cant remember the last time I didn't watch a game. I think it was against Cincy a few years ago when we played them on Xmas eve and I also went shopping that day.

Also, I think the bills should wait til 1 day before the season finale, and then put Schobel on IR. Gotta love our front office.

Typ0
12-10-2008, 04:22 PM
it's the same old story. In the grand scheme of things you are the one responsible for your let downs by getting yourself worked up like that to begin with. JP doesn't deserve that hate either he has, at times, played serviceable. Last week he had a horrible game but that doesn't mean he's going to be that horrible this week and all we can hope for is he isn't.

X-Era
12-10-2008, 04:24 PM
from Chris Brown's Blog:
Injury update (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2008/12/10/injury-update-14/)

By Chris Brown - Posted December 10th, 2008
Trent Edwards (groin) missed practice again on Wednesday. He declined to elaborate on how his injury is healing.
Josh Reed (back) was suffering from back spasms and could not practice.
Marcus Stroud (hip) is dealing with a hip problem. Dick Jauron did not get into the severity of the injury.
Donte Whitner missed practice due to illness. No word on whether he’ll be able to practice Thursday.
Aaron Schobel was absent with the foot. Dustin Fox (groin) also did not practice.
Jabari Greer (knee) was limited in practice Wednesday, his first practice since suffering the injury against Cleveland a month ago.
--------------------------------------------
I honestly may go to shopping than watch this team with JP this Sunday, and I honestly cant remember the last time I didn't watch a game. I think it was against Cincy a few years ago when we played them on Xmas eve and I also went shopping that day.

Also, I think the bills should wait til 1 day before the season finale, and then put Schobel on IR. Gotta love our front office.

I will be watching even if the suit up Van Pelt.

DMBcrew36
12-10-2008, 04:24 PM
f*** schobel... wouldn't be surprised if he milked the injury until the season was over and didnt' play another game this season

Jan Reimers
12-10-2008, 04:33 PM
it's the same old story. In the grand scheme of things you are the one responsible for your let downs by getting yourself worked up like that to begin with. JP doesn't deserve that hate either he has, at times, played serviceable. Last week he had a horrible game but that doesn't mean he's going to be that horrible this week and all we can hope for is he isn't.
Yeah, we seem to forget that JP has won some games for us, and that Trent is still a bit short of being the next Payton Manning or Tom Brady.

While I'm not at all confident in JP - last week was an unmitigated disaster, but he had a lot of help with that complete debacle - a Trent start is far from a sure win, and a JP start does not guarantee a loss.

I'm watching, mostly for any signs of life from this team.

Dujek
12-10-2008, 05:05 PM
Let's hope he has a good game then.

DraftBoy
12-10-2008, 05:09 PM
So in other words no real news then.

Oaf
12-10-2008, 05:51 PM
f*** schobel... wouldn't be surprised if he milked the injury until the season was over and didnt' play another game this season
At $500,000/gm too. What a bum. This guy needs to join Farve in the Ozarks or something.

Philagape
12-10-2008, 06:00 PM
His streak is at one good game out of his last 10, so lightning's gotta strike again sometime soon!

Luisito23
12-10-2008, 07:41 PM
Will be another loss which will help us come draft time!!!

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-10-2008, 08:16 PM
loss= one more nail in skelator's coffin

I'll take it.

ZEUS
12-11-2008, 05:44 AM
JP just plain sucks. It's always the same old thing from him. That #7 on his jersey is starting to look like a big question mark. I've haven't missed a Bills game in at least 15 years. I plan my Sunday's around the Bills game. But JP is pathetic to watch. I live in Florida and the weather is nice. I could stay out on the boat fishing longer, rather than rush back to watch JP spin around take a sack and fumble for three hours. At least Edwards tries to get the ball to playmakers like Fred Jackson and Lynch, instead of staring down Lee Evans on every pass play. What a disappointment this season has become.

TacklingDummy
12-11-2008, 05:59 AM
Fist pump, YES!!!

mybills
12-11-2008, 06:35 AM
"He declined to elaborate on how his injury is healing."

Let's elaborate for him...

"I'm not really injured, I'm supposed to put up this facade until Ralph finds a replacement for Dicky. Ralph doesn't want my reputation ruined any more than what Jauron has already ."

Other than that awful int last week, I didn't think JP was a big disaster. Damned dropped-perfectly-thrown-passes. :cynic:

trapezeus
12-11-2008, 08:34 AM

"I'm not really injured, I'm supposed to put up this facade until Ralph finds a replacement for Dicky. Ralph doesn't want my reputation ruined any more than what Jauron has already ."

Other than that awful int last week, I didn't think JP was a big disaster. Damned dropped-perfectly-thrown-passes. :cynic:

Really? you didn't think he looked pathetic when he attempted to scramble and ran into his own guy? He is suppose to be good running and he's awful.

And for those 2 screen passes that were dropped he was still high on a number of plays. but we're splitting hairs. he is so inconsistent even within a game. it's impossible to look at. the only saving grace to all this is that it's over after 3 more weeks.

He seems quite confident that he's getting another gig. I'm really anxious to see how it's going to go for him. He was a bust of Mike Williams proportions for the bills. We gave up so much for him and he didn't even give us average play.

mybills
12-11-2008, 08:37 AM
He's played a LOT worse than he did last week. That's what I meant by,
"nondisaster."

mybills
12-11-2008, 08:39 AM
but as usual, hate over powers the obvious. :shakeno:

trapezeus
12-11-2008, 09:15 AM
yeah, i hate JP. I hate that we consistently lose with him. I hate that the team i love is reduced to a few big plays and no momentum. I hate that his "good" plays usually happen when the game no longer is within reach. I hate that people find salvagable parts to his game.

He is not a good QB. We've seen that for too long now. And after the 2006 season, i thought he was going to make that jump up and play consistant. And he didn't.

I hate that we kept him when pretty much anyone else for a much cheaper rate could have had produced 3 point games.

Typ0
12-11-2008, 09:22 AM

you truly are nuts if you think TE is faking an injury and JP played anything other than horrendous last week!

HHURRICANE
12-11-2008, 11:29 AM
you truly are nuts if you think TE is faking an injury and JP played anything other than horrendous last week!

I do believe that there is definately more to the story.

Losman playing=definate loss.

Mr. Pink
12-11-2008, 12:55 PM
He's played a LOT worse than he did last week. That's what I meant by,
"nondisaster."

Has he?

That looked like a JP circa 2005 performance last week.

Honestly, if I had a QB who never took a snap at the NFL level, I'd expect him to perform better than that.

mybills
12-11-2008, 12:58 PM
you truly are nuts if you think TE is faking an injury
(NOT saying TRENT is faking it) but it's something along the lines of a phony injury, so someone is faking it..they pulled him for a reason. That my friend, is not nuts OR surprising.

Typ0
12-11-2008, 01:05 PM
(NOT saying TRENT is faking it) but it's something along the lines of a phony injury, so someone is faking it..they pulled him for a reason. That my friend, is not nuts OR surprising.

they pulled him because he was unable to play as the groin was becomming increasingly agrivated with every play...

mybills
12-11-2008, 01:13 PM
:chuckle: I don't believe anything they say. They're as bad as politicians when it comes to those media statements.