PDA

View Full Version : Nate Gerbe

Dr. Lecter
12-10-2008, 09:06 PM
After watching him for only three games, he looks like he really could be special.

He looked a little raw last game, but tonight was flying. On one shift, he stole the puck along the boards, out muscling a Lightning player and then delivered a nice hit on the other side of the ice. The guy just has something special. He was playing way above his size. He is getting close to popping one in too.

To be fair, he came onto the ice a little (OK, a lot) too soon on a Sabres PP and caused a too many men penalty. Youthful enthusiasm.

In a year or two, all fans will love him.

rbochan
12-10-2008, 09:10 PM
He needs to drop Chara!

OpIv37
12-10-2008, 09:10 PM
stupid question, but is it ger-bay or ger-bee? I thought it was ger-bay (and that's how RJ says it) but the annoying VS announcers kept saying ger-bee on Monday.

Philagape
12-10-2008, 09:11 PM
stupid question, but is it ger-bay or ger-bee? I thought it was ger-bay (and that's how RJ says it) but the annoying VS announcers kept saying ger-bee on Monday.

VS is evil, don't ever believe them

Dr. Lecter
12-10-2008, 09:15 PM
If the choice is to trust RJ or Vs, I know who I will go with.

The VS. announcers probably could not pronounce his name correctly with a mouthful of Crosby.

SabreEleven
12-10-2008, 09:52 PM
After watching him for only three games, he looks like he really could be special.

He looked a little raw last game, but tonight was flying. On one shift, he stole the puck along the boards, out muscling a Lightning player and then delivered a nice hit on the other side of the ice. The guy just has something special. He was playing way above his size. He is getting close to popping one in too.

To be fair, he came onto the ice a little (OK, a lot) too soon on a Sabres PP and caused a too many men penalty. Youthful enthusiasm.

In a year or two, all fans will love him.

Have you gone LW on us?

Dr. Lecter
12-10-2008, 10:14 PM
Yes.

SabreEleven
12-10-2008, 10:39 PM
You could make Gerbe your boytoy...he needs a sugar daddy.

Michael82
12-11-2008, 12:46 AM
Have you gone LW on us?
:rofl: It certainly seems like it. Dr.Lecter's love is approaching LOSman WINS-Kaleta type love. I'm just waiting for him to change his avatar and sig to Gerbe. :scared:

RockStar36
12-11-2008, 05:53 AM
I was under the impression that it was Ger-bee and I've never heard it pronounced Ger-bay until last night. The first few games weren't MSG broadcasts for me.

Anyways, the sequence where he stole the puck and delivered that hit were great. I remember right after that thinking, I don't think anyone has to worry about his size anymore. He can handle his own.

BlackMetalNinja
12-11-2008, 06:24 AM
:rofl: It certainly seems like it. Dr.Lecter's love is approaching LOSman WINS-Kaleta type love. I'm just waiting for him to change his avatar and sig to Gerbe. :scared:I think Nighthawk called dibs awhile back though.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-14-2008, 11:22 AM

finaly found it

pronounced: NAY-thuhn GUHR-bee

http://thenhlarena.com/index.php?showtopic=6673

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2008, 08:18 AM
Gerbe has not really impressed me all that much honestly. He has been getting thrown around like a rag doll out there. I give him kudos for heart and getting right back up but damn that can't last. The main thing that has bothered me about him is when the puck is in our zone and it gets cleared up his boards he has a very hard time getting it out as he gets out muscled every time.

I am not saying he won't be a good player some day, and I am rooting hard for him but I haven't seen much as of yet.

RockStar36
12-15-2008, 08:26 AM
I personally think he should be sent back down and someone else get their shot. I'm not saying I don't like or that I don't think he will eventually be a great player, but Mancari got a few games and got send back down so I think Gerbe should be treated the same way. Bring the next young guy up and keep the rotation moving.

hydro
12-15-2008, 08:32 AM
I personally think he should be sent back down and someone else get their shot. I'm not saying I don't like or that I don't think he will eventually be a great player, but Mancari got a few games and got send back down so I think Gerbe should be treated the same way. Bring the next young guy up and keep the rotation moving.

Mancari got sent down for a reason though. If he had stayed up any longer he would have had to go threw waivers I believe. Don't know if Gerbe is in the same boat. If not there won't be any pressure to do so with him.

RockStar36
12-15-2008, 08:35 AM
Mancari got sent down for a reason though. If he had stayed up any longer he would have had to go threw waivers I believe. Don't know if Gerbe is in the same boat. If not there won't be any pressure to do so with him.

I'm fairly certain I heard Lindy on WGR say that it wasn't the waivers that caused Mancari to go down, but his play began to slip.

mchurchfie
12-15-2008, 01:32 PM
I'm fairly certain I heard Lindy on WGR say that it wasn't the waivers that caused Mancari to go down, but his play began to slip.
I think it was a combo of both.