PDA

View Full Version : I hope the Bills lose out ...

bluerosekiller
12-10-2008, 09:56 PM
Not that they have a prayer in hell of beating any of the three teams they face anyhow, but I don't want any upset surprises before the end of the year giving ol' Ralphie any excuses to use as part of an argument toward keeping Jauron & his staff in 2009. Enough is enough.

Not that Losing 9 of their last 10 games & crashing to a 6-10 finish after that smoke & mirrors 4-0 start is any guarantee of a coaching change, but IMO the more difficult it is for One Bills Drive to market the team under a Jauron regime the better. And this is coming from an individual who's been a die hard Bills fan since the 1980 season & who's never even considered hoping for a Bills loss at any other point in time over the years.

But, right now after the emotional & mental meat grinder that this season's been, there's virtually nothing left to cheer for. The only shred of hope left is for there to be some big changes made, because under this coaching staff we can no longer even enjoy a victory. After this debackle of a year, a win will only remind us that a complete collapse may only be the next game away ...

As far as I'm concerned, this team has totally lost any & all trust.

I mean, seriously, even if Jauron were somehow lucky enough to have another anomally of a season like he did in Chicago years ago & get this team into the playoffs for the first time in a decade, would you trust him to have them even remotely prepared to be competitive? Or to make any sort of credible decisions during the course of the game?

I sure as hell wouldn't.

So, until Jauron & his staff are gone, I'm done with the Bills.

OpIv37
12-10-2008, 10:20 PM
the sad thing is, I agree with you.

On Sundays when the game is actually on, I'll be rooting for the Bills. I can't help it.

But, realistically, I know that losses are better at this point. This team is garbage and I don't want anyone in the FO getting the false idea that it isn't.

I actually hope we go 1-2 and knock the Pats out of the playoffs though. That would at least salvage a shred of dignity from this pathetic cluster**** of a season.

Dr. Lecter
12-10-2008, 10:28 PM
I agree with the last part.

Beating the pats, especially in OT or something, and knocking them out while getting the Jets (not the Fish) in would be something worthwhile.

Dolfan984
12-10-2008, 10:29 PM
Back in 04 and last year of course I rooted for the Dolphins to win every game, but look at what the drafts afterwards with top picks yielded them.

Ronnie Brown in 05 and Jake Long this year.

Since you guys already have 7 losses, getting a better draft choice would be much better towards your future. Most people don't like to hear that crap but man those top picks can be pure gold if used right.

But please beat the Jets and Pats anyways. ;)

tat2dmike77
12-10-2008, 10:44 PM
At this point Jaruon is a lame duck coach and nothing can be done to save his job.

That said i never want a team to loose. Thats a awesome attitude to have. Yeah i know you think oh but we get a higher draft pick. High draft picks don't mean anything. Nothing is guaranteed in the draft and most likely the morons in the front office would just screw it up anyway by drafting anther corner back.

Guess we can add one more name to the i'm no longer a fan of the Bills list.

Jan Reimers
12-11-2008, 07:27 AM
I never root for the Bills to lose. To me, it makes no sense for a fan to root against his or her team.

Pinkerton Security
12-11-2008, 08:17 AM
At this point Jaruon is a lame duck coach and nothing can be done to save his job.

That said i never want a team to loose. Thats a awesome attitude to have. Yeah i know you think oh but we get a higher draft pick. High draft picks don't mean anything. Nothing is guaranteed in the draft and most likely the morons in the front office would just screw it up anyway by drafting anther corner back.

I can only hope you're right about this.

OpIv37
12-11-2008, 08:20 AM

it's not just about the draft picks.

If we go 2-1 over the last 3 then we're 8-8, which is one game better than last year. The way this FO works, that might save Jauron's job. I can't actually root for the Bills to lose during a game, but an extra 2 or 3 losses in a non-playoff season is a small price to pay to get rid of these jackass coaches.

Mad Bomber
12-11-2008, 08:21 AM
I actually hope we go 1-2 and knock the Pats out of the playoffs though. That would at least salvage a shred of dignity from this pathetic cluster**** of a season.
:bf1:

That would certainly end the season on a high note.

yordad
12-11-2008, 08:47 AM
I never root for the Bills to lose. To me, it makes no sense for a fan to root against his or her team.Even if the fan feels it is in the teams best interest to lose?

I'm with Op. If you think of it like a wager, and take the emotion out, it is easier to see why it would be in their best interest to lose. But, when the game is on, that's hard to do.

Jan Reimers
12-11-2008, 08:51 AM
Even if the fan feels it is in the teams best interest to lose?

I'm with Op.
I strongly believe that it is never in a team's best interest to lose. I'm with the late Ted Williams, who once said, "If you don't play to win, why keep score?"

yordad
12-11-2008, 08:56 AM
I strongly believe that it is never in a team's best interest to lose. I'm with the late Ted Williams, who once said, "If you don't play to win, why keep score?"You keep score just in case the team your playing is playing to win. And, you keep score just in case one is playing to lose. :idunno:

If we lose DJ, then we win. If we win the best LB or DE in this draft, then we win. Look at our '07 draft. Can you tell the difference between the 1st ILB, and the second ILB taken?

Why the heck do I feel like I care more then them sometimes? Gimmie a freakin helmet.

Jan Reimers
12-11-2008, 09:00 AM
You keep score just in case the team your playing is playing to win. And, you keep score just in case one is playing to lose. :idunno:

If we lose DJ, then we win. If we win the best LB or DE in this draft, then we win. Look at our '07 draft. Can you tell the difference between the 1st ILB, and the second ILB taken?

Why the heck do I feel like I care more then them sometimes? Gimmie a freakin helmet.
Playing to lose builds nothing, and rooting for my team to lose runs counter to my very competitive nature.

I'm not trying to argue, I just hate losing, be it at football, badminton or tiddly winks.

BlackMetalNinja
12-11-2008, 09:13 AM
I'll agree with Jan here... I can't ever want my team to lose. Regardless of whether or not the end result may be for the best, I cheer for the team to win, it's the most basic premise of being a fan.

trapezeus
12-11-2008, 09:20 AM
i think what everyone is saying is that when the bills lose, they walk away a little less dejected than when your trying to get into the playoffs. you know there was a point. But as you watch the game, you're rooting for the win.

I think with this scouting department, we're in bad shape even if we lose the games. We've had great picks from 2001 up to now, and we simply aren't hitting on enough of these picks. How can we pick as high as we have for at least 5 years running and not have a significantly better team than in 2004? That should be squarely on the scouting and player personnel's hands.

Typ0
12-11-2008, 10:23 AM
The real sad part of it is the marketing strategy seems to be keep firing the coaches because, as the post again indicates, it passifies the fanbase. The only time we even got decent QB play in the last decade was with Bledsoe and the defense had been completely blown up and a new system instilled at the time so we weren't successful. That smoke and mirrors 4-0 start was because the QB was playing well and when he went south so did our wins.

So, go ahead and be done with the Bills even if they fire the coach please! To bring in a winner it's required that people that settle based on marketing strategies with zero long term winning vision aren't with us as you continue to compound the problem.

jpdex12
12-11-2008, 11:04 AM
What if we win out the rest of our games? It makes the season all the more painful. Being close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. It would act as a tease just like the 5-1 start. I can't handle anymore of that bait.

I am as competitive as they get but at this point I am so dejected about this team that I feel emotionless watching the rest of these games. I'm looking forward to a fresh start and hopefully with new faces at certain positions on the field and in the FO.

We are at new depths as faithful fans. Fortunately for me, I am stubborn and loyal and will always bleed America's and also Buffalo's colors...red, white and blue! FA in March and the end of April can't come quick enough.

trapezeus
12-11-2008, 11:39 AM
i'd say i hope the bills don't beat the patriots this year. i'd rather have the drought continue. When we beat the patriots, i want to see the crowd go crazy because:
1. we beat the pats
2. the game was meaningful.

It'd be awesome to see the fieldgoal posts go down. i firmly believe the fans will storm the field when we beat the pats again.

Luisito23
12-11-2008, 12:25 PM
I kinda want them to beat the Jets just so I can hear all these stupid people that call the radio stations around here cry and ***** all week long!...But the other 2 though I hope we get blown out.

madness
12-11-2008, 12:55 PM
I hope my company goes bankrupt so we can fire our president. :::

Novacane
12-11-2008, 06:26 PM
I'll be watching and rooting for a win but won't be upset when they lose since I'm expecting it and know in the big picture losing probably benefits them.