X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • okaydo
    • Mar 2007

No wonder Lynch avoided the media

From the Democrat & Chronicle's story on Lynch taking the blame for the team's offensive woes:

It was Marshawn Lynch who pumped up the volume on a drab afternoon, releasing his mute button and spilling his guts to a group of somewhat surprised reporters who hadn't heard him speak since the week of the Oakland game back in September when the now cold-as-Greenland Bills were one of the hottest teams in the league.

With the exception of the brief comments he made before the Bills played his hometown Raiders, Lynch has conducted a personal media boycott because he was angered by the treatment he received from journalists following his arrest in June after he allegedly struck a woman with his SUV in downtown Buffalo.

Problem is Lynch was *NEVER* arrested in June, nor has he been arrested in his life.
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: No wonder Lynch avoided the media

the sad thing is that he is one of the only guys on the team playing anywhere near a high level, and he's taking the blame.

Comment

• billogic99
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by okaydo
      From the Democrat & Chronicle's story on Lynch taking the blame for the team's offensive woes:

Problem is Lynch was *NEVER* arrested in June, nor has he been arrested in his life.

Sooooo Lynch was angry at the media for reporting something that wasn't exactly what happened? Hmmm, well Lynch how about with all that money you're making why don't you use it to help others instead of going out, getting drunk, refusing to be resposible and have a friend drive you home and as a result hitting a pedestrian with your 500,000 dollar SUV?! As far as I can tell, you pretty much got no piunnishemnt for doing something that 99% of the rest of us would have been arrested for and served some sort of jail time for. But you go ahead and be pissy about it.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
        Pinkerton's son
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by billogic99
        Sooooo Lynch was angry at the media for reporting something that wasn't exactly what happened? Hmmm, well Lynch how about with all that money you're making why don't you use it to help others instead of going out, getting drunk, refusing to be resposible and have a friend drive you home and as a result hitting a pedestrian with your 500,000 dollar SUV?! As far as I can tell, you pretty much got no piunnishemnt for doing something that 99% of the rest of us would have been arrested for and served some sort of jail time for. But you go ahead and be pissy about it.
        how do you know he was drunk? if anything, it was more widely reported that the fat b***** was drunk herself, "dancing in the street" in the rain at 3 AM. Now if he WAS drunk its another story, but this was not as big a deal as everyone makes it out to be. Hit and run is a misdemeanor that generally carries a 1000 dollar fine.

And is his Cayenne really 500K? doubt that.

Comment

• okaydo
          • Mar 2007

If Lynch was drunk, or was seen drinking in public that night, wouldn't it have come out by now? So far, of the many people who saw him that night, nobody has said they saw him drinking alcohol. (One person did see him drinking water.) So how do you know it was drunk.

And his punishment, believe it or not, is pretty typical for that type of hit-and-run.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

I told you it was Lynch's fault.

Comment

• billogic99
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
              how do you know he was drunk? if anything, it was more widely reported that the fat b***** was drunk herself, "dancing in the street" in the rain at 3 AM. Now if he WAS drunk its another story, but this was not as big a deal as everyone makes it out to be. Hit and run is a misdemeanor that generally carries a 1000 dollar fine.

There is a histroy with Lynch and alcohol, it's been documented. There was a long investigation in which people saw him dinking and he even brought his own bottle. He was most likely drinking before he got to the bar, the accident happened late at night. All things pointing to someone that wasn't sobber. As for the cost of his SUV, how many football players do you know of that don't trick out their rigs? Look at his grill, that alone has to cost 10 gran, you think he's gonna drive around town in an off the lot SUV? Common man.

Comment

• billogic99
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by okaydo
                If Lynch was drunk, or was seen drinking in public that night, wouldn't it have come out by now? So far, of the many people who saw him that night, nobody has said they saw him drinking alcohol. (One person did see him drinking water.) So how do you know it was drunk.

And his punishment, believe it or not, is pretty typical for that type of hit-and-run.
                Maybe, maybe not. This whole situation stinks of a another sports figure getting away with a crime. If Lynch was innocent and had done no wrong, why would his name been brought up to start with? Why would have even been a suspect had he not done anything wrong? Why was he issued a ticket for the hit and run if he weren't the one who hit the woman??

As far as I know he was the only suspect, all the people in the Bar and Lynch was the only guy being investigated? Why? Why just him? I guess with all the poeple in the bar all of them drove the same vehicle Lynch was driving and Lynch was just the one they picked on. Whatever.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                  Pinkerton's son
                  • Feb 2006

There is a histroy with Lynch and alcohol, it's been documented. There was a long investigation in which people saw him dinking and he even brought his own bottle. He was most likely drinking before he got to the bar, the accident happened late at night. All things pointing to someone that wasn't sobber. As for the cost of his SUV, how many football players do you know of that don't trick out their rigs? Look at his grill, that alone has to cost 10 gran, you think he's gonna drive around town in an off the lot SUV? Common man.
                  So because Lynch drinks on occasion, it means he was drunk that night? If thats the case, I'm drunk every day.

COME ON man. That time when he brought his own bottle to the bar has absolutely nothing to do with his hit and run incident, it was months earlier. And if i recall correctly the investigation into this incident said nothing of him drinking. And I hope he wasnt sobber, because I dont know what that is and I'd be scared if he was.

As far as the SUV, a turbo Cayenne is 100K stock.

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

I think hit-and-run always involves a pedestrian and is a felony. Also, had he properly been arrested it would have opened him up to civil action which would have been appropriate. If he was drunk it's much worse which is another good reason he didn't stop. Any way you look at it...he hit a person and kept going and that takes a real ass to do.

Comment

• realdealryan
                      realdealrex
                      • Nov 2005

Hahahahahah. Lynch probably has aftermarket wheels and that's all. Where did $500k come from? Like you said, a typical Cayenne Turbo will be on the lot just over $100k.

Comment

• Typ0
                        honey pie
                        • Jul 2002

So because Lynch drinks on occasion, it means he was drunk that night? If thats the case, I'm drunk every day.

COME ON man. That time when he brought his own bottle to the bar has absolutely nothing to do with his hit and run incident, it was months earlier. And if i recall correctly the investigation into this incident said nothing of him drinking. And I hope he wasnt sobber, because I dont know what that is and I'd be scared if he was.

As far as the SUV, a turbo Cayenne is 100K stock.
                        the challenge the law has is to prove he was drunk...well they can't because he left the scene. That fact alone indicates he was doing something wrong and trying to protect himself. At minimum, he's a complete ass who would run someone over and keep going! Stop trying to rationalize for him he was in the wrong and likely trying to cover his ass for a serious wrongdoing.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                          • Feb 2005

LOL. He bought an SUV for 100Gs, and then put 400Gs in upgrades?

Comment

• Luisito23
                            Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                            • Apr 2003

If only money bought knowledge...But then again I doubt these idiots would buy it anyways...
                            "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                            ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                            ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                            ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• streetkings01
                              • Jul 2006

$55k-$60k .......An Audi R8 doesn't even cost that much!LOL
                              You can call me streetkings

Comment

Working...
                              X