PDA

View Full Version : No wonder Lynch avoided the media

okaydo
12-11-2008, 09:40 AM
From the Democrat & Chronicle's story (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20081211/SPORTS03/812110351/1021) on Lynch taking the blame for the team's offensive woes:

It was Marshawn Lynch who pumped up the volume on a drab afternoon, releasing his mute button and spilling his guts to a group of somewhat surprised reporters who hadn't heard him speak since the week of the Oakland game back in September when the now cold-as-Greenland Bills were one of the hottest teams in the league.

With the exception of the brief comments he made before the Bills played his hometown Raiders, Lynch has conducted a personal media boycott because he was angered by the treatment he received from journalists following his arrest in June after he allegedly struck a woman with his SUV in downtown Buffalo.

Problem is Lynch was *NEVER* arrested in June, nor has he been arrested in his life.

Pinkerton Security
12-11-2008, 09:44 AM
the sad thing is that he is one of the only guys on the team playing anywhere near a high level, and he's taking the blame.

billogic99
12-11-2008, 10:19 AM
From the Democrat & Chronicle's story (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20081211/SPORTS03/812110351/1021) on Lynch taking the blame for the team's offensive woes:

Problem is Lynch was *NEVER* arrested in June, nor has he been arrested in his life.

Sooooo Lynch was angry at the media for reporting something that wasn't exactly what happened? Hmmm, well Lynch how about with all that money you're making why don't you use it to help others instead of going out, getting drunk, refusing to be resposible and have a friend drive you home and as a result hitting a pedestrian with your 500,000 dollar SUV?! As far as I can tell, you pretty much got no piunnishemnt for doing something that 99% of the rest of us would have been arrested for and served some sort of jail time for. But you go ahead and be pissy about it.

Pinkerton Security
12-11-2008, 10:30 AM
Sooooo Lynch was angry at the media for reporting something that wasn't exactly what happened? Hmmm, well Lynch how about with all that money you're making why don't you use it to help others instead of going out, getting drunk, refusing to be resposible and have a friend drive you home and as a result hitting a pedestrian with your 500,000 dollar SUV?! As far as I can tell, you pretty much got no piunnishemnt for doing something that 99% of the rest of us would have been arrested for and served some sort of jail time for. But you go ahead and be pissy about it.

how do you know he was drunk? if anything, it was more widely reported that the fat b***** was drunk herself, "dancing in the street" in the rain at 3 AM. Now if he WAS drunk its another story, but this was not as big a deal as everyone makes it out to be. Hit and run is a misdemeanor that generally carries a 1000 dollar fine.

And is his Cayenne really 500K? doubt that.

okaydo
12-11-2008, 10:46 AM

If Lynch was drunk, or was seen drinking in public that night, wouldn't it have come out by now? So far, of the many people who saw him that night, nobody has said they saw him drinking alcohol. (One person did see him drinking water.) So how do you know it was drunk.

And his punishment, believe it or not, is pretty typical for that type of hit-and-run.

HHURRICANE
12-11-2008, 11:26 AM
I told you it was Lynch's fault.

billogic99
12-11-2008, 11:42 AM
how do you know he was drunk? if anything, it was more widely reported that the fat b***** was drunk herself, "dancing in the street" in the rain at 3 AM. Now if he WAS drunk its another story, but this was not as big a deal as everyone makes it out to be. Hit and run is a misdemeanor that generally carries a 1000 dollar fine.

There is a histroy with Lynch and alcohol, it's been documented. There was a long investigation in which people saw him dinking and he even brought his own bottle. He was most likely drinking before he got to the bar, the accident happened late at night. All things pointing to someone that wasn't sobber. As for the cost of his SUV, how many football players do you know of that don't trick out their rigs? Look at his grill, that alone has to cost 10 gran, you think he's gonna drive around town in an off the lot SUV? Common man.

billogic99
12-11-2008, 11:51 AM
If Lynch was drunk, or was seen drinking in public that night, wouldn't it have come out by now? So far, of the many people who saw him that night, nobody has said they saw him drinking alcohol. (One person did see him drinking water.) So how do you know it was drunk.

And his punishment, believe it or not, is pretty typical for that type of hit-and-run.

Maybe, maybe not. This whole situation stinks of a another sports figure getting away with a crime. If Lynch was innocent and had done no wrong, why would his name been brought up to start with? Why would have even been a suspect had he not done anything wrong? Why was he issued a ticket for the hit and run if he weren't the one who hit the woman??

As far as I know he was the only suspect, all the people in the Bar and Lynch was the only guy being investigated? Why? Why just him? I guess with all the poeple in the bar all of them drove the same vehicle Lynch was driving and Lynch was just the one they picked on. Whatever.

Pinkerton Security
12-11-2008, 12:00 PM
There is a histroy with Lynch and alcohol, it's been documented. There was a long investigation in which people saw him dinking and he even brought his own bottle. He was most likely drinking before he got to the bar, the accident happened late at night. All things pointing to someone that wasn't sobber. As for the cost of his SUV, how many football players do you know of that don't trick out their rigs? Look at his grill, that alone has to cost 10 gran, you think he's gonna drive around town in an off the lot SUV? Common man.
So because Lynch drinks on occasion, it means he was drunk that night? If thats the case, I'm drunk every day.

COME ON man. That time when he brought his own bottle to the bar has absolutely nothing to do with his hit and run incident, it was months earlier. And if i recall correctly the investigation into this incident said nothing of him drinking. And I hope he wasnt sobber, because I dont know what that is and I'd be scared if he was.

As far as the SUV, a turbo Cayenne is 100K stock.

Typ0
12-11-2008, 12:24 PM

I think hit-and-run always involves a pedestrian and is a felony. Also, had he properly been arrested it would have opened him up to civil action which would have been appropriate. If he was drunk it's much worse which is another good reason he didn't stop. Any way you look at it...he hit a person and kept going and that takes a real ass to do.

realdealryan
12-11-2008, 12:27 PM
Hahahahahah. Lynch probably has aftermarket wheels and that's all. Where did $500k come from? Like you said, a typical Cayenne Turbo will be on the lot just over $100k.

Typ0
12-11-2008, 12:27 PM
So because Lynch drinks on occasion, it means he was drunk that night? If thats the case, I'm drunk every day.

COME ON man. That time when he brought his own bottle to the bar has absolutely nothing to do with his hit and run incident, it was months earlier. And if i recall correctly the investigation into this incident said nothing of him drinking. And I hope he wasnt sobber, because I dont know what that is and I'd be scared if he was.

As far as the SUV, a turbo Cayenne is 100K stock.

the challenge the law has is to prove he was drunk...well they can't because he left the scene. That fact alone indicates he was doing something wrong and trying to protect himself. At minimum, he's a complete ass who would run someone over and keep going! Stop trying to rationalize for him he was in the wrong and likely trying to cover his ass for a serious wrongdoing.

Lexwhat
12-11-2008, 12:32 PM
LOL. He bought an SUV for 100Gs, and then put 400Gs in upgrades?

Luisito23
12-11-2008, 12:41 PM
If only money bought knowledge...But then again I doubt these idiots would buy it anyways...

streetkings01
12-11-2008, 12:58 PM

And is his Cayenne really 500K? doubt that.$55k-$60k .......An Audi R8 doesn't even cost that much!LOL

okaydo
12-11-2008, 01:06 PM
I think hit-and-run always involves a pedestrian and is a felony.

Well, that can't be true because there have been many drivers involved in hit and runs with pedestrians that were given only traffic tickets.

Not all hit and runs are created equal.

For instance:

CNN Anchor Admits Leaving Scene Of Accident (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/958702/posts)

NEW YORK -- CNN anchor Jack Cafferty will pay a $250 fine and perform 70 hours of community service after pleading guilty to leaving the scene of an accident, prosecutors said Tuesday.

Cafferty had been charged with the traffic infraction, along with misdemeanor charges of reckless driving, assault and harassment, after police said he knocked a man off a bike with his Cadillac on May 14.

A traffic officer and about five pedestrians ran after Cafferty's car to stop him after the accident, but Cafferty drove through at least two red lights and around other vehicles without stopping, according to a police complaint.

Cafferty was dragging the man's bike underneath his car, police said.

Cafferty later told police that he had seen a man on a bike who may have been a messenger weaving in and out of traffic as Cafferty drove south along Ninth Avenue around 10:25 a.m. When Cafferty looked in his mirror, he saw the man getting up off the ground but was unaware he had hit the bicyclist, the anchor told police.

And notice that Robert Novak was cited, and not arrested (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0708/11985.html) after a hit and run similar to Lynch's.

Syndicated columnist Robert D. Novak was cited by police after he hit a pedestrian with his black Corvette in downtown Washington, D.C., on Wednesday morning.

A Politico reporter saw Novak in the front of a police car with a citation in his hand; a WJLA-TV crew and reporter saw Novak as well. The pedestrian, a 66-year-old man who was not further identified by authorities, was treated at George Washington University Hospital for minor injuries, according to D.C. Fire and EMS. Novak was later released by police and drove away from the scene.

“I didn’t know I hit him. ... I feel terrible,” a shaken Novak told reporters from Politico and WJLA as he was returning to his car. "He's not dead, that's the main thing." Novak said he was a block away from 18th and K streets Northwest, where the accident occurred, when a bicyclist stopped him and said he had hit someone. He said he was cited for failing to yield the right of way.

the challenge the law has is to prove he was drunk...well they can't because he left the scene. That fact alone indicates he was doing something wrong and trying to protect himself. At minimum, he's a complete ass who would run someone over and keep going! Stop trying to rationalize for him he was in the wrong and likely trying to cover his ass for a serious wrongdoing.

Prosecutors couldn't bring up charges because:

1) Witnesses saw another woman dancing in front of Lynch's car as he was turning left (just before he hit the woman), proving he was distracted

2) It was raining heavily late at night.

3) He was driving in an insulated SUV with his music playing loudly.

3) He didn't even slow down after hitting the woman, which more than likely proves he didn't know he hit the woman.

4) From the above articles, it's true -- people can drive cars and hit people and not know about it could happen! That's why Lynch wasn't charged with a crime.

billogic99
12-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Well, that can't be true because there have been many drivers involved in hit and runs with pedestrians that were given only traffic tickets.

For instance:

CNN Anchor Admits Leaving Scene Of Accident (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/958702/posts)

And notice that Robert Novak was cited, and not arrested (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0708/11985.html) after a hit and run similar to Lynch's.

1) Witnesses saw another woman dancing in front of Lynch's car as he was turning left (just before he hit the woman), proving he was distracted

3) He didn't even slow down after hitting the woman, which more than likely proves he didn't know he hit the woman.

4) From the above articles, it's true -- people can drive cars and hit people and not know about it could happen! That's why Lynch wasn't charged with a crime.

Excuses, oh please don't blame Lynch, he's my favorite player he can do no wrong. Who cares about the woman she shouldn't have been in the street it's all her fault. Whatever, he hit someone, left the scene because he was not only drunk, but guilty, end of story.

It reminds me of another..."innocent" Bill player who loaded his truck with money, a gun his passport and plane tickets while laying in the back seat and his buddie tried to help him out of town after he murdered two people in cold blood. Yeah he was innocent too, cause a jury of his peers said so. Gotta love some fans.

Typ0
12-11-2008, 01:17 PM
In your first example, the charge was leaving the scene of an accident because it involved a bicyclist not a pedestrian. This is completely different than the case with Lynch. A bicycle is treated in the law as a motor vehicle and must obey all the traffic laws. It is not the same situation as a pedestrian like you are saying so you are off base and the example is inappropriate as the laws in question are not related.

I would gather that the second example also involved a cyclist because they called it an accident indicating it was a motor vehicle accident. Also, this is in a different state. Finally, the police were able to meet this person right after the occurrence not the next day!

Neither example is appropriate to support the assertions you make to protect your golden boy.

For instance:

okaydo
12-11-2008, 01:35 PM
I would gather that the second example also involved a cyclist because they called it an accident indicating it was a motor vehicle accident. Also, this is in a different state. Finally, the police were able to meet this person right after the occurrence not the next day!

The 2nd example does involve a pedestrian.

Prosecutors and police investigators found more evidence pointing to Lynch's innocence than his guilt. They had no case, which is why they didn't even charge or arrest him.

From the Buffalo News (http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/story/377851.html):

Law enforcement officials have said that it was dark and raining, that the victim was wearing dark clothing, that the driver may have been distracted by another woman in front of the victim and that the driver did not try to hide the vehicle, which later was found in Lynch’s Hamburg driveway.

Sources also have said that both Lynch and his passenger, Bills rookie wide receiver Steve Johnson, have claimed they didn’t know their vehicle had struck anyone.

But Timothy G. O’Connell, the attorney for victim Kimberley Shpeley, has said that she and two friends claimed the SUV struck her, “slowed down and then came to a complete stop” before speeding off.

Other witnesses, though, have told investigators that the SUV never slowed down.

If Lynch was really guilty, don't you think his victim would've filed a lawsuit against him by now? It's been over 6 months. Yet apparently she can't find an attorney who can win this case.

If Lynch was so guilty, wouldn't the victim have filed a lawsuit against Lynch by now, nearly 7 months later? She probably can't find an attorney who thinks there's enough evidence to win this case.

Say what you want about Lynch but the fact is he's an upstanding citizen who's never been charged with a crime in his life and has never been arrested, which is remarkable considering he grew up in the gang-ridden streets of North Oakland.

Pinkerton Security
12-11-2008, 01:58 PM
Excuses, oh please don't blame Lynch, he's my favorite player he can do no wrong. Who cares about the woman she shouldn't have been in the street it's all her fault. Whatever, he hit someone, left the scene because he was not only drunk, but guilty, end of story.

It reminds me of another..."innocent" Bill player who loaded his truck with money, a gun his passport and plane tickets while laying in the back seat and his buddie tried to help him out of town after he murdered two people in cold blood. Yeah he was innocent too, cause a jury of his peers said so. Gotta love some fans.

He may be guilty of hitting someone and leaving the scene.

He was not drunk. end of story. Show me where it says anywhere other than your personal opinion that he was drunk, REAL proof, and I'll agree with you on that.

And as far as the girl, she had it coming to her. If one of my buddies was wasted at 3 AM, was dancing in the street, was run into and got a couple stitches, I'd honestly laugh and I guess be glad it wasnt worse. He shouldn't have hit her and then left. Thats obvious. But people just make him out to be some sort of Plaxico, a menace to society or something. But I'm done arguing about something that happened months ago and worked itself out.

Typ0
12-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Prosecutors and police investigators found more evidence pointing to Lynch's innocence than his guilt.

they don't work this way. They work to accumulate evidence and convict the right people for crimes committed. If they gather evidence that exonerates someone from being a suspect in a crime they are no longer a suspect in a crime. In this case, they lacked evidence for a conviction so they properly chose not to arrest. That does not imply innocence not does it even imply he's not guilty.

As far as the civil case, the victims history and state of mind would have come into question and it's pretty clear that is questionable. That doesn't mean she deserves to be called a fat slow though while you praise ML for hitting her. Despite this quagmire of crap we do have some facts...and those facts are ML hit a pedestrian at 3am in a drunk part of town and left the scene of the accident. Any way you look at it he's wrong...even if it's that he had his stereo too loud to know what the hell was going on the road. But he's still wrong. It's the level of wrong that is in question and whether it's criminal or just a social wrong.

billogic99
12-11-2008, 04:13 PM
The 2nd example does involve a pedestrian.

Prosecutors and police investigators found more evidence pointing to Lynch's innocence than his guilt. They had no case, which is why they didn't even charge or arrest him.

From the Buffalo News (http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/story/377851.html):

If Lynch was so guilty, wouldn't the victim have filed a lawsuit against Lynch by now, nearly 7 months later? She probably can't find an attorney who thinks there's enough evidence to win this case.

Say what you want about Lynch but the fact is he's an upstanding citizen who's never been charged with a crime in his life and has never been arrested, which is remarkable considering he grew up in the gang-ridden streets of North Oakland.

Obviously they settled out of court and for a few thousand more are keeping it quite.

billogic99
12-11-2008, 04:22 PM
He may be guilty of hitting someone and leaving the scene.

He was not drunk. end of story. Show me where it says anywhere other than your personal opinion that he was drunk, REAL proof, and I'll agree with you on that.

And as far as the girl, she had it coming to her. If one of my buddies was wasted at 3 AM, was dancing in the street, was run into and got a couple stitches, I'd honestly laugh and I guess be glad it wasnt worse. He shouldn't have hit her and then left. Thats obvious. But people just make him out to be some sort of Plaxico, a menace to society or something. But I'm done arguing about something that happened months ago and worked itself out.

Why would he leave the scene "IF" the lady suddenly stepped in front of his vehicle if he were not guilty of soemthing? Would you leave? Or would you stop, get out and make sure the person was ok? If you say he didn't know he hit her, it was reported that she was in the middle of the street dancing at the time.

When the last time you drove by anyone in the street and didn't by just instinct look in your mirror to see if whomever it was in the street was walking away?? Especially in the rain when you might miss something?? You can make all the excuses you want, but I could never.....EVER leave the scene of an accident and not give a damn what happened to a person I just hit. Lynch was guilty of something because he was issued a ticket obviously witnesses said he was there and it was his vehicle. Lynch was drunk and not all the Lynch loving fans on the planet can make enough excuses for his lying, coward act.

dmosher12
12-11-2008, 05:02 PM

Now this is a flawed argument. Love Lynch, but what he did was inexcusable. Not to mention this is a dumb thread. Let go of the incident.

1. These witnesses didn't testify against him when they saw him hit the woman?

2. It was not raining heavily that night I was out drinking too. The only thing that was raining was alcohol.

3. You have two number threes good job counting...a. music too loud uh sure thats a reason to not prosecute. b. he didn't slow down when he hit her WTF no kidding it was a hit and run and he was probably scared to death.

4. Just because u don't know it happened doesn't make it not a crime.

Also I believe there were some players there.

Anyway it was favoritism by the city. We don't want to destroy the team, so we'll let him off.

okaydo
12-12-2008, 08:55 AM
Why would he leave the scene "IF" the lady suddenly stepped in front of his vehicle if he were not guilty of soemthing? Would you leave? Or would you stop, get out and make sure the person was ok? If you say he didn't know he hit her, it was reported that she was in the middle of the street dancing at the time.

The victim wasn't dancing in the middle of the street. Another woman crossing ahead of her was dancing in front of his car performing "Singin' in the Rain." Witnesses came forward saying that they saw this woman dancing in the middle of the street in front of his car. As soon as she passed by, Lynch slowly turned left and that's when he brushed the victim with the right side of his car.

Combine that with a hard rain, an insulated car, a booming stereo, and the fact that Lynch didn't even slow down after hitting her -- as any normal driver who knew he hit somebody would've done -- and you could make a compelling argument that Lynch didn't know he hit somebody.

From the Buffalo News (http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/368141.html):

The victim was wearing dark clothing, officers said. A hard rain was falling, and road conditions were slippery. Police said the woman had the right of way.

“As [Shpeley] crossed the road, another woman was walking in front of her. The woman in front of Shpeley was kind of dancing and singing in the street . . . like ‘Singin’ in the Rain.’ That could have distracted whoever was driving Marshawn’s car,” a law enforcement official said.

Lynch’s vehicle — moving quickly but apparently below the speed limit — turned left onto Delaware and struck Shpeley, the official said.

“The driver never stopped, just kept moving south on Delaware,” the official said. “It could very well be that the driver never saw [Shpeley] and didn’t know he hit her.”

Despite this quagmire of crap we do have some facts...and those facts are ML hit a pedestrian at 3am in a drunk part of town and left the scene of the accident. Any way you look at it he's wrong...even if it's that he had his stereo too loud to know what the hell was going on the road. But he's still wrong. It's the level of wrong that is in question and whether it's criminal or just a social wrong.

Driving in a "drunk part of town" doesn't automatically somebody drunk. You can't get a contact high from alcohol.

I totally agree that Marshawn Lynch did something wrong that deserved punishment.

In my opinion, he got the punishment he deserved for that traffic violation -- a fine and a suspended license.

2. It was not raining heavily that night I was out drinking too. The only thing that was raining was alcohol.

Buffalo police told the Buffalo News (above) that he was driving in a "hard rain." Do the Buffalo police normally lie to the media?

Typ0
12-12-2008, 09:02 AM
Driving in a "drunk part of town" doesn't automatically somebody drunk. You can't get a contact high from alcohol.

I totally agree that Marshawn Lynch did something wrong that deserved punishment.

In my opinion, he got the punishment he deserved for that traffic violation -- a fine and a suspended license.

No, it definately does not automatically make him drunk. But it doesn't make him not drunk either and considering he just took off with witnesses saying he "sped away" from the stop sign I would say there is something smelling pretty fishy here.