25. Minnesota OG Duke Robinson
26. Baltimore WR Percy Harvin
27. Tampa CB Alphonso Smith
28. Indy DT Peria Jerry
29. Philadelphia LB Brandon Spikes
30. Pittsburgh OT Jarmon Meredith
31. Giants LB James Laurinitis
32. Tennessee WR Darius Heyward-Bey

Today is my birthday so I gave the Bills a gift in this mock, which is slightly realistic.

Mr. Miyagi
12-11-2008, 10:39 AM
Don't you think Tebow will go in the first round, a high one at that?

The King
12-11-2008, 10:40 AM
I dont think Detroit drafts a QB

DraftBoy
12-11-2008, 10:44 AM

I dont think Tebow declares and if he does, then any team who takes him Round 1 has made a mistake. I will go on the record as saying while I think Tim Tebow can make all the throws and has a good arm, and a good head for football. He will struggle in the NFL. He is a system QB.

DraftBoy
12-11-2008, 10:45 AM
I dont think Detroit drafts a QB

They have so many holes, they could do anything really...Stafford is the safe pick at this point for them. But we'll see if he declares. He is one of the few players who does not need the money of the NFL.

jpdex12
12-11-2008, 10:50 AM
Tebow is staying in the college ranks.

Selvie is awful light. I'd like to see Orakpo fall in our lap. Aaron Maybin from Penn State would be nice as well. Schobel worked well in his day but being so light took a toll on him over the years...playing at 240 something. Orakpo is a beast and I could see him filling out like Strahan. No comparison talent wise but size wise at least for now.

I don't think Bradford will fall that far, especially past San Fran. I know they may choose to build from the O and D lines out especially if they keep the stripper coach of theirs but they need a franchise QB. Depending on a new coach and the need to sell tix will determine that. I don't think that Mauluga will fall that far either. I'd like to see us grab Chase Koffman in the second round as well.

Other than that, decent guessing with the mock draft. Ashame that we are looking forward to the draft already! I'm sick of it!

DraftBoy
12-11-2008, 10:54 AM
Tebow is staying in the college ranks.

Selvie is awful light. I'd like to see Orakpo fall in our lap. Aaron Maybin from Penn State would be nice as well. Schobel worked well in his day but being so light took a toll on him over the years...playing at 240 something. Orakpo is a beast and I could see him filling out like Strahan. No comparison talent wise but size wise at least for now.

I don't think Bradford will fall that far, especially past San Fran. I know they may chose to build from the O and D lines out especially if they keep the stripper coach of theirs but they need a franchise QB. Depending on a new coach and the need to sell tix will determine that. I don't think that Mauluga will fall that far either. I'd like to see us grab Chase Koffman in the second round as well.

Other than that decent guessing with the mock draft. Ashame that we are looking forward to the draft already! I'm sick of it!

Orakpo is slated to go 10-15 so I think he'll be there at 13, the guy Id really want is Johnson but we'd have to lose out and he'd have to have the worst workouts ever.

I was tempted to go Bradford to SF because he fits their system well. But I think they keep Singletary on and he'll go DL and OL and keep Hill as a starter for another year.

Mauluga is on a downward slide and has been most of the year. One time was a top 5 pick (not where I ever saw him) he's struggled all year long, both he and Lauranitis.

jpdex12
12-11-2008, 11:37 AM
Orakpo is slated to go 10-15 so I think he'll be there at 13, the guy Id really want is Johnson but we'd have to lose out and he'd have to have the worst workouts ever.

I was tempted to go Bradford to SF because he fits their system well. But I think they keep Singletary on and he'll go DL and OL and keep Hill as a starter for another year.

Mauluga is on a downward slide and has been most of the year. One time was a top 5 pick (not where I ever saw him) he's struggled all year long, both he and Lauranitis.

I always thought Laurenitis was like the Poz mold but he has had a very sub par year. Speaking of USC defenders, Mays is damn good. Reminds me of Sean Taylor type safety.

Aaron Curry will be a beast in the NFL. We are going to need another DT don't forget with McCargo gone.

The key to our off season other than coaching and the draft is the type of FA pick ups we get. I think that there is plenty of talent in this years draft but what we need is to provide better talent then what we have at the center, guard and defensive tackle positions via FA and let the draft supply us with the blue chip players at the DE and OLB positions in the first two rounds and projects from the later rounds.

Free Agency

Center-Matt Birk/Jeff Saturday
Guard- Chris Kemoeatu
DT-Jovan Haye
QB-Chris Simms (Rex Grossman is too much like JP in my mind)

Draft

DE-Brian Orakpo
OLB-Brian Cushing
Center-Max Unger
Later round pickup TE-Cornelius Ingram (SLEEPER due to past injury)

The King
12-11-2008, 11:47 AM
They have so many holes, they could do anything really...Stafford is the safe pick at this point for them. But we'll see if he declares. He is one of the few players who does not need the money of the NFL.

I think Detroit will go after Cassel and not take a chance in the draft.

PECKERWOOD
12-11-2008, 12:03 PM
I agree with MB, I think one of the OT's goes to Detroit.

P.S.

Why Selvie over Orakpo???

EDIT: mispelled Orakpo. ;)

DraftBoy
12-11-2008, 12:06 PM
I think Detroit will go after Cassel and not take a chance in the draft.

If Matt Millen was still the GM there Id 100% agree with you on this move, however I dont see it happening with a new GM. One while Cassel has looked good, I dont know of anybody who sees him as a franchise leading QB. Two the new GM in Detroit has to get a face of the franchise. As good as Calvin Johnson has been, hardly anybody knows about it and he's not a show boater like TO, or Chad Johnson so they need a face. Stafford could come in and be all of those for them. Could they go with Cassel certainly. But any team taking Matt Cassel and thinking that he will be able to lead their franchise has inhaled way too much of the New England Patriots smoke. They guy is very Dilfer esque in that he manages the game well, can make the throws but he is no leader or difference maker, just imo.

DraftBoy
12-11-2008, 12:06 PM
I agree with MB, I think one of the OT's goes to Detroit.

P.S.

Why Selvie over Orapko???

Selvie is a better pass rusher, more versatile, and has more potential.

PECKERWOOD
12-11-2008, 12:10 PM
Selvie is a better pass rusher, more versatile, and has more potential.

I think Orakpo and Hardy would be 2 very safe picks at DE for our spot. I think Selvie and Johnson's high rankings are more based off of potential and not accomplishments. I don't know, I'm kind of scared of Johnson and Selvie and not in a good way.

DraftBoy
12-11-2008, 12:12 PM
I always thought Laurenitis was like the Poz mold but he has had a very sub par year. Speaking of USC defenders, Mays is damn good. Reminds me of Sean Taylor type safety.

Aaron Curry will be a beast in the NFL. We are going to need another DT don't forget with McCargo gone.

The key to our off season other than coaching and the draft is the type of FA pick ups we get. I think that there is plenty of talent in this years draft but what we need is to provide better talent then what we have at the center, guard and defensive tackle positions via FA and let the draft supply us with the blue chip players at the DE and OLB positions in the first two rounds and projects from the later rounds.

Free Agency

Center-Matt Birk/Jeff Saturday
Guard- Chris Kemoeatu
DT-Jovan Haye
QB-Chris Simms (Rex Grossman is too much like JP in my mind)

Draft

DE-Brian Orakpo
OLB-Brian Cushing
Center-Max Unger
Later round pickup TE-Cornelius Ingram (SLEEPER due to past injury)

I wouldnt touch Mays before Round 3, he's Darnell Bing with better size. Good tackler, not great speed, not great coverage skills and he looks good because of who surrounds him on his D and the Pac 10 sucks. Same goes for Cushing the only players on USC's D that I really like in this draft are Moala, and Matthews.

I agree about Curry and will need another DT but more of a development player than a medium priced FA or mid round pick.

Personally I like Jamal Brown over Satruday and Birk because he's younger, cheaper, and a more likely Bills pickup. Id love Kemo but where is he going to play with Butler and Dockery already making big money?? I do think he'd be a great signing though. Simms or Grossman doesnt really matter, same QB one has more arm, one has a little better mind.

I wouldnt mind take Orakpo is Round 1, he's a very good DE, and I love Unger and Ingram. I hate the Cushing pick though, he is absolutely not what we need on this team. Brutal in coverage, bad tackling technique at times, and he's one of the pile jumping type LB's who always jumps in on a play after its been stopped to appear to be there. One thing about Unger though is that he is projected to move to OT in the pros and not stay at OC. He could stay but thats not what is projected, mainly due to his size.

DraftBoy
12-11-2008, 12:13 PM
I think Orakpo and hardy would be 2 very safe picks at DE for our spot. I think Selvie and Johnson's high rankings are more based off of potential and not accomplishments. I don't know, I'm kind of scared of Johnson and Selvie and not in a good way.

Selvie led the league last season in sacks and was DT'd all year this year and Johnson was the most feared DE in all of college football this season. What lack of accomplishments are you talking about?? Stats don't even begin to talk about what these two kids can do to a game single handily.

PECKERWOOD
12-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Selvie led the league last season in sacks and was DT'd all year this year and Johnson was the most feared DE in all of college football this season. What lack of accomplishments are you talking about?? Stats don't even begin to talk about what these two kids can do to a game single handily.

While Johnson has shown the potential to be great, you would want to see this guy as a starter for a longer period of time before coming out to the pro's. People forget, this is actually his first year as a full starter and he struggled at first, disappearing in games at times. Selvie on the other hand, I just don't think he's faced the same level of competition as Hardy and Orakpo. My clear number 1 choice at DE this year is Orakpo, I just feel like his speed and knack for making plays will translate to the pro's. Obviously Orakpo isn't humungous but 6'4 260lbs isn't a bad size for a pass rusher off the edge, speed is definately his game, he is kind of in the build of a Dwight Freeney almost. I think if Orakpo became more technically sound, he could be a big time player for us.

EDIT: Grammar, just woke up from a nap! :D

Mr. Pink
12-11-2008, 12:32 PM
Lions will take the safe pick with a new GM who wants to be as far as possible from what Millen did. Stafford is the easy choice. He's dumb if he doesn't declare.

Crabtree to the Bengals makes sense with Housh being a FA and Ocho Cinco being, well whatever he is. If the Bengals re-sign Housh then Crabtree is wrong. Either way I could see them taking one of the tackles, especially after letting Willie Anderson walk.

Why are the Chargers taking Knowshon though? They don't need another HB.

Texans takin Bradford doesn't make sense either, with what they gave up for Schaub and the fact they like Rosenfels.

Look for NE to take Maulaga or Laurinitis to try and shore up their old defense.

DraftBoy
12-11-2008, 12:48 PM
San Diego has no real HB behind Tomlinson. I don't see Sproles as a reliable #2 back and Tomlinson is wearing down quick. Moreno gives them a guy who will need a year or two before he is ready to be a starter full time.

Schaub has not shown me enough to warrant what they paid for him. No QB from this class is really ready right now they all need time. So you take Bradford and sit him for a year and then move Schaub.

I don't see NE going LB again nor going with a player on the decline status wise. Maclin gives them a killer return option and has the speed to exploit opponents from the slot. He needs time because he is raw which makes him a perfect Pioli pick.

Dr. Lecter
12-11-2008, 12:49 PM
Can you adjust this mock so the Bills get Curry?

Thanks.

PS: They are going to lose out, you know that right?

Mitchell55
12-11-2008, 12:51 PM
Bills get orpako.

streetkings01
12-11-2008, 12:52 PM
I dont think Detroit drafts a QBIf they feel he can be a franchise QB then you have to take him! Buffalo made that mistake with not drafting Cutler! If your not sure if you have a franchise QB on your roster than you basically dont have one.....Cutler was a franshise Qb and should've been drafted over Whitner!

Lexwhat
12-11-2008, 12:53 PM
I see the Eagles going OT in the 1st round (depending on who's available of course). Tra Thomas and Jon Runyan are already pretty old.

Hey Draftboy: Any chance of a trade-down this year? Might there be any players at our spot that will be sought-after by other teams?

DraftBoy
12-11-2008, 01:51 PM
I see the Eagles going OT in the 1st round (depending on who's available of course). Tra Thomas and Jon Runyan are already pretty old.

Hey Draftboy: Any chance of a trade-down this year? Might there be any players at our spot that will be sought-after by other teams?

OT is a definite possibility for them without a doubt!

Sure there is, if a guy like Moreno, Cody, or V. Davis is there when we pick and we don't see the need to take him, Im sure we will have callers for the pick. Id love to deal down 4-6 slots and take Gresham personally.

DraftBoy
12-11-2008, 01:52 PM

Thanks.

PS: They are going to lose out, you know that right?

Maybe tonight after I get home from drinking Ill find some logic where he falls to us, because God knows I want him too.

And oh yea I know, but you know how I do these things, take ESPN.com standings and turn them upside down.

yordad
12-11-2008, 02:32 PM

Thanks.

PS: They are going to lose out, you know that right?Let's start a Curry message board rumor. Hopefully the media whiffs it, and blows it out of proportion.

I heard Curry was a "cat-humping, crack-smoker". And, I have a good secret source. And, my source is better then Scooby's, Morans, or HHuricans.

mysticsoto
12-11-2008, 02:50 PM
It's been awhile since I've done one, so let me take a quick stab at my picks. Mind you, I'm doing this very quickly, so there's no deep thought going into each pick, but I could envision something like this:

1.Detroit - QB Matthew Stafford
2.Cincinatti - WR Michael Crabtree
3.Seattle - OT Michael Oher
4.St. Louis - DE Brian Orapko
5.Kansas City - DE Michael Johnson
6.Oakland - OT Eugene Monroe
7.Cleveland - RB Chris Wells
8.Jacksonville - CB Malcolm Jenkins
9.San Francisco - DT BJ Raji
10.Green Bay - LB Aaron Curry
11.San Diego - DE Tyson Jackson
12.Houston - DE George Selvie
13. Buffalo - GRRR! I hate getting caught at a position where it'd be better to trade down!!! Not my preferred choice, but Trent took a step back this year and I'm tired of losing and not making the playoffs. Without a good QB we will never make the playoffs...just look at how much a QB can make a difference with the Jets, Miami and Atlanta!!! - QB Sam Bradford
14.New Orleans - DT Terrance Cody
15.Chicago - OT Andre Smith
16.Washington - LB Rey Mauluga
17.Philadelphia - DE Greg Hardy
18.New England - DE/OLB Aaron Maybin
19. Denver - FS William Moore
20. Atlanta - DT Peria Jerry
21. Detroit - CB Vontae Davis
22. Miami - DT Ron Brace
23. NY Jets - CB Alphonso Smith
24. Arizona - RB Knowshon Moreno
25. Minnesota - QB Tim Tebow
26. Baltimore - WR Jeremy Maclin
27. Tampa - WR Percy Harvin
28. Indy - LB James Laurinitis
29. Philadelphia - OT Jason Smith
30. Pittsburgh - DE/OLB Everette Brown
31. Giants - DT Gerald McCoy
32. Tennessee - DE Connor Barwin

I considered DTs Peria Jerry and Gerald McCoy also for the Bills pick. They would have been my next choice...

Dr. Lecter
12-11-2008, 02:55 PM
I am not sure Houston takes a DE.

jpdex12
12-11-2008, 02:57 PM
Bills get orpako.

Orpako? lol... Orkapo...Orpoka, Porokpo, He's gonna be Obama if we all keep trying to wing his name!

DraftBoy
12-11-2008, 02:58 PM
It's been awhile since I've done one, so let me take a quick stab at my picks. Mind you, I'm doing this very quickly, so there's no deep thought going into each pick, but I could envision something like this:

13. Buffalo - GRRR! I hate getting caught at a position where it'd be better to trade down!!! Not my preferred choice, but Trent took a step back this year and I'm tired of losing and not making the playoffs. Without a good QB we will never make the playoffs...just look at how much a QB can make a difference with the Jets, Miami and Atlanta!!! - QB Sam Bradford
22. Miami - DT Ron Brace

I considered DTs Peria Jerry and Gerald McCoy also for the Bills pick. They would have been my next choice...

A few issues I see...
Orakpo over Johnson?? I just can't buy that at all right now. Johnson was a man child this year and made plays on D and ST, and he played in coverage some too. He is way better than Orakpo.

Sam Bradford would be a FANTASTIC choice for us by the way!

How can you have Raji going so high, and before Cody? I know the DT class is relatively weak but really Raji in the top 10??

I dont think Maybin declares so I didnt include him in mine.

You have Gresham not declaring or not being worth a 1st Rounder??

I dont really see Brace or Barwin as first rounders right now. And you have Moreno falling quite low imo.

Not bad overall though!

mysticsoto
12-11-2008, 03:01 PM
I am not sure Houston takes a DE.

He has 1 sack in the last 3 years. If they can get a top DE on the other side of Mario Williams alongside Amobi Okoye...they could have a scary DL similar to the Giants!!!

Hyperion
12-11-2008, 03:04 PM
If I'm Detroit, I'd take either Andre Smith or Oher. They need something as close to a sure thing as possible. I don't understand the fascination with Stafford as a top pick. I think he'd be set up for failure with the Lions. Detroit should go with a retread QB and build up their lines.

I've never seen an NFL team with more holes.

mysticsoto
12-11-2008, 03:06 PM
A few issues I see...
Orakpo over Johnson?? I just can't buy that at all right now. Johnson was a man child this year and made plays on D and ST, and he played in coverage some too. He is way better than Orakpo.

Sam Bradford would be a FANTASTIC choice for us by the way!

How can you have Raji going so high, and before Cody? I know the DT class is relatively weak but really Raji in the top 10??

I dont think Maybin declares so I didnt include him in mine.

You have Gresham not declaring or not being worth a 1st Rounder??

I dont really see Brace or Barwin as first rounders right now. And you have Moreno falling quite low imo.

Not bad overall though!

Clearly you and I see Orakpo and Raji different. I rate them very highly!!! Cody has potential...but needs to stop eating. I think it will be an issue for him!

You might be right about Maybin...I though I read somewhere that he would likely declare...but maybe not.

Gresham...not worth a 1st rounder. Top of 2nd. Though I almost gave him to the Titans...

I think Barwin will move up the charts...mark my words... :D

mysticsoto
12-11-2008, 03:09 PM
If I'm Detroit, I'd take either Andre Smith or Oher. They need something as close to a sure thing as possible. I don't understand the fascination with Stafford as a top pick. I think he'd be set up for failure with the Lions. Detroit should go with a retread QB and build up their lines.

I've never seen an NFL team with more holes.

It's not really about a fascination with Stafford being the 1st rd pick...It's more a function of: "Oh my god!!! Detroit is so bad, they had to call on Culpepper in the middle of the season to try and pick up the playbook and immediately contribute?!"

That's how desperate they were at QB!!!

PECKERWOOD
12-11-2008, 03:34 PM
It would be titty if it went like this:

1st.) DE, Orakpo
2nd.) C, Mack or Luigs
3rd.) TE, Beckum

..and in FA pick up a LB like Dansby or Suggs.

Add veteran QB.

Trade Schobel for multiple picks, preferably a 2nd and a conditional or something.

DraftBoy
12-11-2008, 03:38 PM

1st.) DE, Orakpo
2nd.) C, Mack or Luigs
3rd.) TE, Beckum

Add veteran QB.

Trade Schobel for multiple picks, preferably a 2nd and a conditional or something.

Id grade that a C

PECKERWOOD
12-11-2008, 03:55 PM
Id grade that a C

Let me guess, you didn't like the idea of Mack or Luigs in the 2nd round? Is that what watered it down for you, DB?

DraftBoy
12-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Let me guess, you didn't like the idea of Mack or Luigs in the 2nd round? Is that what watered it down for you, DB?

That and Beckum in the third too.

PECKERWOOD
12-11-2008, 03:59 PM
That and Beckum in the third too.

Too high for him?

DraftBoy
12-11-2008, 04:03 PM
Too high for him?

for a 4.6-4.7 WR with a bad knee? Yes

Ed
12-11-2008, 04:27 PM
I saw it reported on an ESPN ticker that Crabtree has decided to return to Texas Tech next year... Anyone hear anything different?

DraftBoy
12-11-2008, 04:31 PM
I saw it reported on an ESPN ticker that Crabtree has decided to return to Texas Tech next year... Anyone hear anything different?

That's not official. His Dad came out the next day and said he is leaning strongly towards entering.

Ed
12-11-2008, 04:34 PM
That's not official. His Dad came out the next day and said he is leaning strongly towards entering.
It would make sense. He'd be top 5 for sure. How bad was his leg injury?

PECKERWOOD
12-11-2008, 05:12 PM

22. Miami - DT Ron Brace

Surely a team would trade up for Andre Smith if he was still there. Right after the top 10 picks teams start getting really desperate for a franchise LT.

If not, I'd take either Rey or Greg there!

Dantheman1280
12-11-2008, 05:12 PM
I appreciate the mock and happy birthday, but I cannot stand for another horrible USF product. We already have Mitchell who blows. Sorry it is the UCF knight in me...

gr8slayer
12-11-2008, 06:09 PM
It has already been made official, both Tebow and McCoy (for at least two months now for McCoy) are returning for their senior years.

jpdex12
12-11-2008, 10:06 PM

1st.) DE, Orakpo
2nd.) C, Mack or Luigs
3rd.) TE, Beckum

Add veteran QB.

Dude, if Gonzo couldn't garner a 2nd round pick who the hell is going to pay a second for a washed up feather light DE?

PECKERWOOD
12-11-2008, 10:18 PM
Dude, if Gonzo couldn't garner a 2nd round pick who the hell is going to pay a second for a washed up feather light DE?

1.) Gonzo is older than Schobel.
2.) TE isn't as important as DE.
3.) I think we could atleast get a 2nd out of Schobel, 2 years ago he lead the NFL in sacks and it may not be farfetched to think that he could rebound.

gr8slayer
12-11-2008, 10:37 PM
1.) Gonzo is older than Schobel.
2.) TE isn't as important as DE.
3.) I think we could atleast get a 2nd out of Schobel, 2 years ago he lead the NFL in sacks and it may not be farfetched to think that he could rebound.
Schobel has never led the league in sacks.... There's no way on earth that he fetches a second round pick from anyone. Especially with him missing so much time this season, maybe a 4th and a 6th.

Lexwhat
12-11-2008, 11:58 PM
Schobel has never led the league in sacks.... There's no way on earth that he fetches a second round pick from anyone. Especially with him missing so much time this season, maybe a 4th and a 6th.

But what team would want to take on Schobel's contract?

Unless he's willing to take a pay cut with a new team, I don't think he is tradable.

PECKERWOOD
12-12-2008, 01:30 AM

Schobel has never led the league in sacks....

Excuse me, he was 2nd behind Kampman, my mistake but my point is still clear.

You atleast get a 3rd + an additional pick for Schobel, I'd take nothing less.

EDIT: Oh yeah, he is a pro-bowler too if I may add.

mysticsoto
12-12-2008, 07:53 AM

1st.) DE, Orakpo
2nd.) C, Mack or Luigs
3rd.) TE, Beckum

Add veteran QB.

Id grade that a C

I'd give it a B+. A better 3rd rder could move this to an A!!!

mysticsoto
12-12-2008, 07:55 AM
Surely a team would trade up for Andre Smith if he was still there. Right after the top 10 picks teams start getting really desperate for a franchise LT.

If not, I'd take either Rey or Greg there!

If we included trade ups and trade downs...we'd go nuts figuring it out. Things would get too complicated too fast.

DraftBoy
12-12-2008, 10:14 AM

Reach for an OC, take an injury prone TE who probably wont play TE in the NFL. How does that get a B+ considering we still have huge holes at LB, FS, DT, QB, WR??

OC can be addressed in Round 3 or 4 (I prefer 4) and thats assuming we don't sing one of 3 or 4 good FA's out there. Mack is worth a 2nd Round pick, but Luigis is not, Id rather wait till Round 4 and take Shipley if thats the case. The talent level is not that much of a difference and Shipley is probably the best run blocking OC along with Caldwell. Neither of whom should go before Round 3 at the earliest.

Beckum is too thin to play TE in the NFL, he's injury prone, and won't have near the success he had in the Big 10 in the pros. Id much rather have a more complete TE and besides that Beckum probably won't go till closer to Round 5. He got outplayed all year by Graham and had a season ending injury so he probably won't even be able to work out at 100%, if at all.

yordad
12-12-2008, 10:22 AM
Reach for an OC, take an injury prone TE who probably wont play TE in the NFL. How does that get a B+ considering we still have huge holes at LB, FS, DT, QB, WR??

OC can be addressed in Round 3 or 4 (I prefer 4) and thats assuming we don't sing one of 3 or 4 good FA's out there. Mack is worth a 2nd Round pick, but Luigis is not, Id rather wait till Round 4 and take Shipley if thats the case. The talent level is not that much of a difference and Shipley is probably the best run blocking OC along with Caldwell. Neither of whom should go before Round 3 at the earliest.

Beckum is too thin to play TE in the NFL, he's injury prone, and won't have near the success he had in the Big 10 in the pros. Id much rather have a more complete TE and besides that Beckum probably won't go till closer to Round 5. He got outplayed all year by Graham and had a season ending injury so he probably won't even be able to work out at 100%, if at all.DB, do you have a plausible A+, 7 round scenerio? You probably have it posted somewhere on here....

mysticsoto
12-12-2008, 10:28 AM

Beckum is too thin to play TE in the NFL, he's injury prone, and won't have near the success he had in the Big 10 in the pros. Id much rather have a more complete TE and besides that Beckum probably won't go till closer to Round 5. He got outplayed all year by Graham and had a season ending injury so he probably won't even be able to work out at 100%, if at all.

Well, unfortunately, b'cse of this crappy FO, we have to get an immediate starter from Center - unless we take care of it in FA. A 4th rounder is not going to be able to cut it as a starter. As I've said in other threads, I'd be for picking up some Centers in other people's practice squads NOW and start grooming them and getting them used to our play calls, building chemistry with Trent, etc. That apparently is not happening, which may make this point moot anyway - I have a feeling they are going to renew Fowler, Preston, or both. Barring that, desperate times are called for at Center as I don't think FA will be there path of choice.

No argument with your TE part. I don't think we have elite TEs but I think Fine has looked okay occasionlly and so has Schouman. Currently, I think our problems and holes are sufficiently large that TE should not garner as much attention...

DraftBoy
12-12-2008, 10:33 AM
DB, do you have a plausible A+, 7 round scenerio? You probably have it posted somewhere on here....
Yes but involves us having the max 10 picks and redoing the entire roster.

DraftBoy
12-12-2008, 10:38 AM
Well, unfortunately, b'cse of this crappy FO, we have to get an immediate starter from Center - unless we take care of it in FA. A 4th rounder is not going to be able to cut it as a starter. As I've said in other threads, I'd be for picking up some Centers in other people's practice squads NOW and start grooming them and getting them used to our play calls, building chemistry with Trent, etc. That apparently is not happening, which may make this point moot anyway - I have a feeling they are going to renew Fowler, Preston, or both. Barring that, desperate times are called for at Center as I don't think FA will be there path of choice.

No argument with your TE part. I don't think we have elite TEs but I think Fine has looked okay occasionlly and so has Schouman. Currently, I think our problems and holes are sufficiently large that TE should not garner as much attention...

I dont see how you can say a 4th Round OC can't start from Day 1. OC's traditionally don't go till around then unless they are either special talents or way overrated. In Indy alone both Steve Justice and Jamey Richard have seen significant time this year on a playoff caliber team and were taken in Round 5 and 7 respectively. So to say a 4th Round OC couldn't come in and start for us, given how bad we are at OC is a big time assumption imo.

yordad
12-12-2008, 10:50 AM
Yes but involves us having the max 10 picks and redoing the entire roster.And as our picks stand now.....

DraftBoy
12-12-2008, 11:26 AM
There is no A+ scenario as of now. We don't have enough picks to adequately fill our needs.

And yes I know what want me to do and no I'm not going to do it. I don't do sceanrios where other teams don't come into account. The 7 round draft projections I do are usually to name new names that people aren't naming to increase the discussion not to name a perfect draft.

dasaybz
12-12-2008, 06:26 PM
I really like that Knowshon Moreno pick for SD.

PECKERWOOD
12-12-2008, 07:16 PM

:bravo: Thank you!! Thank you!!

Coffman in the 3rd! I just thought it was a tad bit unrealistic but I would go insane if our first 3 picks worked out to be Orakpo, Mack and Coffman.

If we included trade ups and trade downs...we'd go nuts figuring it out. Things would get too complicated too fast.

Very true and fair enough.