25. Minnesota OG Duke Robinson
    26. Baltimore WR Percy Harvin
    27. Tampa CB Alphonso Smith
    28. Indy DT Peria Jerry
    29. Philadelphia LB Brandon Spikes
    30. Pittsburgh OT Jarmon Meredith
    31. Giants LB James Laurinitis
    32. Tennessee WR Darius Heyward-Bey

Today is my birthday so I gave the Bills a gift in this mock, which is slightly realistic.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Re: DraftBoy's Mock v1.6

Don't you think Tebow will go in the first round, a high one at that?

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

I dont think Detroit drafts a QB
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
        Don't you think Tebow will go in the first round, a high one at that?
        I dont think Tebow declares and if he does, then any team who takes him Round 1 has made a mistake. I will go on the record as saying while I think Tim Tebow can make all the throws and has a good arm, and a good head for football. He will struggle in the NFL. He is a system QB.
        COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
          I dont think Detroit drafts a QB
          They have so many holes, they could do anything really...Stafford is the safe pick at this point for them. But we'll see if he declares. He is one of the few players who does not need the money of the NFL.
          COMING SOON...

Comment

• jpdex12
            • Jan 2005

Tebow is staying in the college ranks.

Selvie is awful light. I'd like to see Orakpo fall in our lap. Aaron Maybin from Penn State would be nice as well. Schobel worked well in his day but being so light took a toll on him over the years...playing at 240 something. Orakpo is a beast and I could see him filling out like Strahan. No comparison talent wise but size wise at least for now.

I don't think Bradford will fall that far, especially past San Fran. I know they may choose to build from the O and D lines out especially if they keep the stripper coach of theirs but they need a franchise QB. Depending on a new coach and the need to sell tix will determine that. I don't think that Mauluga will fall that far either. I'd like to see us grab Chase Koffman in the second round as well.

Other than that, decent guessing with the mock draft. Ashame that we are looking forward to the draft already! I'm sick of it!
            Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jpdex12
              Tebow is staying in the college ranks.

Selvie is awful light. I'd like to see Orakpo fall in our lap. Aaron Maybin from Penn State would be nice as well. Schobel worked well in his day but being so light took a toll on him over the years...playing at 240 something. Orakpo is a beast and I could see him filling out like Strahan. No comparison talent wise but size wise at least for now.

I don't think Bradford will fall that far, especially past San Fran. I know they may chose to build from the O and D lines out especially if they keep the stripper coach of theirs but they need a franchise QB. Depending on a new coach and the need to sell tix will determine that. I don't think that Mauluga will fall that far either. I'd like to see us grab Chase Koffman in the second round as well.

Other than that decent guessing with the mock draft. Ashame that we are looking forward to the draft already! I'm sick of it!
              Orakpo is slated to go 10-15 so I think he'll be there at 13, the guy Id really want is Johnson but we'd have to lose out and he'd have to have the worst workouts ever.

I was tempted to go Bradford to SF because he fits their system well. But I think they keep Singletary on and he'll go DL and OL and keep Hill as a starter for another year.

Mauluga is on a downward slide and has been most of the year. One time was a top 5 pick (not where I ever saw him) he's struggled all year long, both he and Lauranitis.
              COMING SOON...

Comment

• jpdex12
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                Orakpo is slated to go 10-15 so I think he'll be there at 13, the guy Id really want is Johnson but we'd have to lose out and he'd have to have the worst workouts ever.

I was tempted to go Bradford to SF because he fits their system well. But I think they keep Singletary on and he'll go DL and OL and keep Hill as a starter for another year.

Mauluga is on a downward slide and has been most of the year. One time was a top 5 pick (not where I ever saw him) he's struggled all year long, both he and Lauranitis.
                I always thought Laurenitis was like the Poz mold but he has had a very sub par year. Speaking of USC defenders, Mays is damn good. Reminds me of Sean Taylor type safety.

Aaron Curry will be a beast in the NFL. We are going to need another DT don't forget with McCargo gone.

The key to our off season other than coaching and the draft is the type of FA pick ups we get. I think that there is plenty of talent in this years draft but what we need is to provide better talent then what we have at the center, guard and defensive tackle positions via FA and let the draft supply us with the blue chip players at the DE and OLB positions in the first two rounds and projects from the later rounds.

Free Agency

Center-Matt Birk/Jeff Saturday
                Guard- Chris Kemoeatu
                DT-Jovan Haye
                QB-Chris Simms (Rex Grossman is too much like JP in my mind)

Draft

DE-Brian Orakpo
                OLB-Brian Cushing
                Center-Max Unger
                Later round pickup TE-Cornelius Ingram (SLEEPER due to past injury)
                Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• The King
                  Without me it's just Awe so
                  • Jun 2004

They have so many holes, they could do anything really...Stafford is the safe pick at this point for them. But we'll see if he declares. He is one of the few players who does not need the money of the NFL.
                  I think Detroit will go after Cassel and not take a chance in the draft.
                  I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                  "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                  You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                  It was all
                  true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                  He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                  mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                    Defies all logic
                    • Oct 2006

I agree with MB, I think one of the OT's goes to Detroit.

P.S.

Why Selvie over Orakpo???

EDIT: mispelled Orakpo.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
                      I think Detroit will go after Cassel and not take a chance in the draft.
                      If Matt Millen was still the GM there Id 100% agree with you on this move, however I dont see it happening with a new GM. One while Cassel has looked good, I dont know of anybody who sees him as a franchise leading QB. Two the new GM in Detroit has to get a face of the franchise. As good as Calvin Johnson has been, hardly anybody knows about it and he's not a show boater like TO, or Chad Johnson so they need a face. Stafford could come in and be all of those for them. Could they go with Cassel certainly. But any team taking Matt Cassel and thinking that he will be able to lead their franchise has inhaled way too much of the New England Patriots smoke. They guy is very Dilfer esque in that he manages the game well, can make the throws but he is no leader or difference maker, just imo.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                        I agree with MB, I think one of the OT's goes to Detroit.

P.S.

Why Selvie over Orapko???
                        Selvie is a better pass rusher, more versatile, and has more potential.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                          Defies all logic
                          • Oct 2006

Selvie is a better pass rusher, more versatile, and has more potential.
                          I think Orakpo and Hardy would be 2 very safe picks at DE for our spot. I think Selvie and Johnson's high rankings are more based off of potential and not accomplishments. I don't know, I'm kind of scared of Johnson and Selvie and not in a good way.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jpdex12
                            I always thought Laurenitis was like the Poz mold but he has had a very sub par year. Speaking of USC defenders, Mays is damn good. Reminds me of Sean Taylor type safety.

Aaron Curry will be a beast in the NFL. We are going to need another DT don't forget with McCargo gone.

The key to our off season other than coaching and the draft is the type of FA pick ups we get. I think that there is plenty of talent in this years draft but what we need is to provide better talent then what we have at the center, guard and defensive tackle positions via FA and let the draft supply us with the blue chip players at the DE and OLB positions in the first two rounds and projects from the later rounds.

Free Agency

Center-Matt Birk/Jeff Saturday
                            Guard- Chris Kemoeatu
                            DT-Jovan Haye
                            QB-Chris Simms (Rex Grossman is too much like JP in my mind)

Draft

DE-Brian Orakpo
                            OLB-Brian Cushing
                            Center-Max Unger
                            Later round pickup TE-Cornelius Ingram (SLEEPER due to past injury)

I wouldnt touch Mays before Round 3, he's Darnell Bing with better size. Good tackler, not great speed, not great coverage skills and he looks good because of who surrounds him on his D and the Pac 10 sucks. Same goes for Cushing the only players on USC's D that I really like in this draft are Moala, and Matthews.

I agree about Curry and will need another DT but more of a development player than a medium priced FA or mid round pick.

Personally I like Jamal Brown over Satruday and Birk because he's younger, cheaper, and a more likely Bills pickup. Id love Kemo but where is he going to play with Butler and Dockery already making big money?? I do think he'd be a great signing though. Simms or Grossman doesnt really matter, same QB one has more arm, one has a little better mind.

I wouldnt mind take Orakpo is Round 1, he's a very good DE, and I love Unger and Ingram. I hate the Cushing pick though, he is absolutely not what we need on this team. Brutal in coverage, bad tackling technique at times, and he's one of the pile jumping type LB's who always jumps in on a play after its been stopped to appear to be there. One thing about Unger though is that he is projected to move to OT in the pros and not stay at OC. He could stay but thats not what is projected, mainly due to his size.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                              I think Orakpo and hardy would be 2 very safe picks at DE for our spot. I think Selvie and Johnson's high rankings are more based off of potential and not accomplishments. I don't know, I'm kind of scared of Johnson and Selvie and not in a good way.
                              Selvie led the league last season in sacks and was DT'd all year this year and Johnson was the most feared DE in all of college football this season. What lack of accomplishments are you talking about?? Stats don't even begin to talk about what these two kids can do to a game single handily.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X