Who would you of wanted?
Players we had to choose over

Hardy- 2 TD, 9 catches, 87 yds, 13 games
Kelly- 3 catches, 18 yds, 5 games

Cromartie- 34 tackles, 3 int
McKelvin- 21 tackles, 2 int, #1 in KR -

EDS
12-11-2008, 01:40 PM
Looking back at it, taking an o-lineman in the first like Clady or Albert makes even more sense. Clady has been really good.

I can't really complain about Hardy in the second round since there was a serious need for a big number 2 wide receiver, though I wonder what the team thought about his timeline to "playing like a pro" was when making the selection.

yordad
12-11-2008, 01:48 PM
I'm thinking we had a lot more options.

Tatonka
12-11-2008, 01:50 PM
im fine with the picks. i think turk has completely misused hardy. odis has played very well.

DraftBoy
12-11-2008, 01:55 PM
Well of course Id prefer DRC but Im a little bias...as for Hardy I dont think we missed on him, I think like T said, he is being misused...oh and our QB blows too so that hurts him too.

madness
12-11-2008, 02:00 PM
WAY too early to tell. Both are still learning as Hardy continues to line up on the wrong side of the field and run incorrect routes while McKelvin bites to easily and takes bad angles. There's still a lot of promise there though.

BillsWin
12-11-2008, 02:19 PM
Hardy and McKelvin.

jdbillsfan
12-11-2008, 02:33 PM
Our picks after round 2 seem to be more of the problem.

Kenny
12-11-2008, 02:33 PM
looking back, Im just glad Gholston didnt fall to us.

Griz78
12-11-2008, 02:41 PM
We should have taken a TE in round 3 as we were left with scraps in Round 4.
Wonder if we would have taken Rucker if Browns did not swoop in.

One guy we shoudl get is Dre Morre DT from TB Practice Squad, we coudl just IR Schobel.

djjimkelly
12-11-2008, 02:49 PM
Our picks after round 2 seem to be more of the problem.

exactly what i thought when i saw the name of this thread.

just think all these other teams around the league have stories of 6th rounders panning into pro bowlers.

the bills dont have a story like this for 15 years!!!!!!!!!!!! truly maybe 20

Captain Obvious
12-11-2008, 04:21 PM
exactly what i thought when i saw the name of this thread.

just think all these other teams around the league have stories of 6th rounders panning into pro bowlers.

the bills dont have a story like this for 15 years!!!!!!!!!!!! truly maybe 20

Hmmm.... Didn't a UDFA the Bills signed in 2004 get elected to the Pro Bowl last year?

patmoran2006
12-11-2008, 04:25 PM
hardy may be misused at times, but he also SUCKS right now.

Im not saying he's always going to suck, and that 3 years from now we're saying WTF did we draft him. Maybe he becomes solid.

But "misused" is an excuse.. The guy SUCKS right now.. He doesnt block for ****, he runs horrible routes, and he's dropped his fair share of balls already this year too.

Down the line, maybe he's the man.. Right now, he's doo doo

patmoran2006
12-11-2008, 04:26 PM
My pick was Albert before the draft. He'd be great for this OL.

Having said that, McKelvin has all kinds of star potential and its really nit picking to criticize his pick.

I also never picked McKelvin predraft cause I didnt think he'd be there at 11.. I thought Balt or NE would take him first.

PECKERWOOD
12-11-2008, 05:07 PM
For the record I like McKelvin and Hardy. If I were to go with picks with hindsight as my guide based off of 1 year? My picks would look like:

Rd1.) CB, McKelvin
Rd2.) WR, Royal
Rd3.) RB, Slaton

Just remember though, 1 year can be decieving, everybody thought that Cadillac Williams was better than Ronnie Brown after the 1st year and that clearly isn't the same story numerous years after the fact.

Typ0
12-11-2008, 05:10 PM
on what basis do you say Hardy is being misused?

ParanoidAndroid
12-11-2008, 05:58 PM
Jeremy Zuttah instead of Ellis in the 3rd would have been nice.

gr8slayer
12-11-2008, 06:11 PM
Cromartie > McKelvin

dasaybz
12-12-2008, 10:17 AM
I'd take McKelvin over Cromartie right now. He's really turned the corner and looks like he's going to be a very solid player for years to come.

Plus he's the best KR in the league.

Tatonka
12-12-2008, 10:47 AM
hardy may be misused at times, but he also SUCKS right now.

Im not saying he's always going to suck, and that 3 years from now we're saying WTF did we draft him. Maybe he becomes solid.

But "misused" is an excuse.. The guy SUCKS right now.. He doesnt block for ****, he runs horrible routes, and he's dropped his fair share of balls already this year too.

Down the line, maybe he's the man.. Right now, he's doo doo

the catch he had against the jags to win the game.. he should have been use don those all friggen year.. dont tell me he cant do that because he did it about 38 times in college. the guy will be a good player, but he has to be put in a position to have success. saying he was misused is not an excuse. it is the truth.

hey may never be randy moss.. i dont think anyone thought he would.. but he can and should be used in critical situations and he has not been.. a ton of times this year.

Typ0
12-12-2008, 11:07 AM
the catch he had against the jags to win the game.. he should have been use don those all friggen year.. dont tell me he cant do that because he did it about 38 times in college. the guy will be a good player, but he has to be put in a position to have success. saying he was misused is not an excuse. it is the truth.

hey may never be randy moss.. i dont think anyone thought he would.. but he can and should be used in critical situations and he has not been.. a ton of times this year.

so it does beg the question who misued him then? Before you go and wine about the coaching staff take a look at the times he was on the field. For example, last week on that crap throw to Evans, Hardy was lined up on the other side and the QB made the choice to throw to LE.

I think saying he was misused is a layer of proliferous crap used by winers using the coaching staff as a scapegoat for the players lack of execution and poor decision making. You folks act like playing in the NFL is like being on a sandlot and calling a play and running it. There are hundreds of plays in the playbook and the coaches are sending in multiple plays and the QB deciding what to do. When the QB sucks ass it looks like bad playcalling and poor use of resources...when actually it's bad quarterbacking and nothing else. JP absolutely should have thrown that ball somewhere around Hardy so he could make a play on it...but he didn't.