• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

if we win and defer

I hope someone smacks jauron in the head.

The last three times we've defered, the opposition has taken the opening kickoff and scored.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

Re: if we win and defer

I'll bet my next three unborn children on it that if we win the toss Knucklehead will defer.
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

Winners want the ball!
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
        I hope someone smacks jauron in the head.

The last three times we've defered, the opposition has taken the opening kickoff and scored.
        Wrong.

Miami punted on their opening drive.

Link.

Of all the things he does wrong, defering (which is not even wrong, imo) is way, way, way down on the list. It is a stupid media created controversy.
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• RockStar36
          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
          • Sep 2004

Deferring is a very smart move. I hope my team does it every single game.

D & S Sports

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Either sully is lying then, or I mistated the quote. From Bflo News. Maybe its not the last three games, but three straight times regardless.
            --------------------------

Sully: I'm told there's a stat that says team that score on the opening drive of the second half win a large percentage of the team. What about teams that score on the opening drive of the game? I agree that it's a case of Jauron falling into line with NFL coaches who tend to copy each other. He shows very little flexibility in his thinking. Opponents scored three times in a row to start the game when he deferred. You'd think he would change up. And people want to believe he's some kind of intellect. Give me a break

Comment

• yordad
              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by mchurchfie
              I'll bet my next three unborn children on it that if we win the toss Knucklehead will defer.
              What do you receive if you win that bet? EEwwww.
              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                Either sully is lying then, or I mistated the quote. From Bflo News. Maybe its not the last three games, but three straight times regardless.
                --------------------------

Sully: I'm told there's a stat that says team that score on the opening drive of the second half win a large percentage of the team. What about teams that score on the opening drive of the game? I agree that it's a case of Jauron falling into line with NFL coaches who tend to copy each other. He shows very little flexibility in his thinking. Opponents scored three times in a row to start the game when he deferred. You'd think he would change up. And people want to believe he's some kind of intellect. Give me a break
                Perhaps. But the problem is not in defering, it is in the defense stopping the team The Bills get the ball to start the 2nd half.

The Buffalo media sucks. They are focusing on a non-issue when there are real issues to discuss. Sullivan is an idiot (see his column today *****ing about Miller).

I would rather see him question the use of Hardy. Or non-use of Lynch. Or why Edwards has regressed. Or why the offense doe snot use more roll-outs. And so forth.

Not this stupid **** about deferring.

Comment

• yordad
                  • Dec 2007

OK, it's clear. Edwards has regressed because we are defering. I knew there was a good reason!
                  "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    Perhaps. But the problem is not in defering, it is in the defense stopping the team The Bills get the ball to start the 2nd half.

The Buffalo media sucks. They are focusing on a non-issue when there are real issues to discuss. Sullivan is an idiot (see his column today *****ing about Miller).

I would rather see him question the use of Hardy. Or non-use of Lynch. Or why Edwards has regressed. Or why the offense doe snot use more roll-outs. And so forth.

Not this stupid **** about deferring.
                    You dont need Sully for that.. I can do it for him.

*** We dont use Hardy or use him the "wrong way" because frankly, he's just not that good. With his size and athleticism, if he had the football ability to match it he would've been long gone in week 2. People say Eric Moulds took three years to get it. Well, Perry TUttle NEVER got it.

*** Our non-use of LYnch is due to Turk, and his growing reputation of being too cute for his own good.. He tries to outsmart himself too much.

** Edwards has regressed in part because we didnt have a running game for 10 weeks. in part because of a bad game plan, in part because he's still young, in part becuase our WR's aren't as good as people think, in part because we have no TE who's consistent, and in part because its like a virus, and the whole team is regrestting.

*** As for lack of roll outs. See Lynch theory.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

How about I smack you upside the head for starting a stupid thread about something that has little to no consequence on the outcome of the game??
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

I can't wait for Monday.

I can see this happening on Sunday - the Bills win the toss and receive. The game is tied at halftime or the Bills are up by 3 or 4. The Jets take the opening drive fo the 2nd half and score, picking up momentum and winning the game.

Thread titles will include "Idiot Jauron does not defer"

Comment

• Griz78
                          • Sep 2002

Actually, for home games, I'd want to start on Defense, crowd is amped up and ready to go. After halftime, you're still getting beer, taking a leak or dumpin.

Comment

• bflobarry
                            • Jan 2004

Yea, if we defer, we do get the second half kickoff. But if you're already losing by then, it's an uphill climb. If you score first, statistically, you win more often. Hence, unless you have a terrific defense, you should want the ball to GET THE LEAD!....

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

2nd half is more important. Deferring is the right choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X