PDA

View Full Version : Schobel put on IR

madness
12-11-2008, 03:39 PM
Per V-text.

OpIv37
12-11-2008, 03:39 PM
per V-text.

Only 8 weeks too late. Yet another brilliant move by the coaching staff/FO.

OpIv37
12-11-2008, 03:40 PM
d'oh, looks like madness barely beat me- please merge.

Griz78
12-11-2008, 03:44 PM
I don't think the FO is stupid for waiting, who knew if he could come back. What if we won the past few games and then he could have played? As much as many people criticize Schobel, we missed him, pass rush and in the run game.

So if we IR'd him earlier, what would they do? Oh yeah, promote a lousy PS guy.

The only problem I have is that they shoudl have done this with Crowell also.

They shoudl use this open spot wisely and grab a player liek Dre Moore off of Tampa's practice squad.

OpIv37
12-11-2008, 03:49 PM
The only problem I have is that they shoudl have done this with Crowell also.

that's my problem- they gave up on Crowell too early and they stayed with Schobel too long. Crowell could have been back by now and contributing. Meanwhile, Schobel hasn't done **** in two months. It's so inconsistent.

Dujek
12-11-2008, 03:51 PM
Is there even any point in doing this now? I mean the roster spot's been taken up for the past 8 weeks, why not just keep him there for the rest of the season?

The Bills FO defies belief at times.

yordad
12-11-2008, 03:58 PM
Is there even any point in doing this now?yes.....

They shoudl use this open spot wisely and grab a player liek Dre Moore off of Tampa's practice squad.

Owen DeBoard
12-11-2008, 04:25 PM
that's my problem- they gave up on Crowell too early and they stayed with Schobel too long. Crowell could have been back by now and contributing. Meanwhile, Schobel hasn't done **** in two months. It's so inconsistent.
The thing with Crowell was a personal thing. They were like oh well teach him to wait and tell us hes goin to have surgurey the weekend of opening kickoff. Plus they already had it in their mind they werent goin to resign him for next year even if he had a big year. They dont want to pay out the cash and boy we could have really used him this year.

OpIv37
12-11-2008, 04:43 PM
The thing with Crowell was a personal thing. They were like oh well teach him to wait and tell us hes goin to have surgurey the weekend of opening kickoff. Plus they already had it in their mind they werent goin to resign him for next year even if he had a big year. They dont want to pay out the cash and boy we could have really used him this year.

see that's what bothers me. They put personal feelings ahead of business and it hurt the team, plus doing that to Crowell isn't exactly going to win over FA's or make other people want to stay here. I see their point- Crowell did shaft them. But there has to be a way to teach him a lesson without hurting the team.

And they're not re-signing him anyway. They never were.

raphael120
12-11-2008, 04:45 PM
Personal feelings always led to the downfall of this team. Look at why Wade was fired, why Butler was fired, etc, etc....

RockStar36
12-11-2008, 04:50 PM
My feeling for this were expressed greatly by WGR when they read the headline, crumpled the paper, and threw it across the room.

bigbub2352
12-11-2008, 09:02 PM
Complete mismanagemnt of the roster again by skeletor
A big reason why we have depth issues and also a big reason why the practice squad is so important nowadays
Schobel would have been a shell of himself if he came back anyway and for him to keep a roster spot this long when we could at the very least got a player on the team to help young players in Ellis and Bryan
someone like KGB, Simeon Rice, and Roosevelt Colvin i know vets all washed up but we signed loser al wallace? colvin got picked up by the loser pats come on weak management again

Typ0
12-11-2008, 09:08 PM
at least we've gotten rid of all the dead weight...actually we have some dead weight starting but that's a different story.

billogic99
12-11-2008, 10:54 PM
per V-text.

If Schoble tells the coaches he's feeling good or better, what shoul they do ignore him? The player is the only one who truly knows if they're hurt enough to play or not. Hard to know exactly who's fault this one is could be one or the other or both.

HHURRICANE
12-12-2008, 09:24 AM
Schobel is yet another loser on this roster. I hope this is his last season here.

madness
12-12-2008, 09:31 AM
Schobel may still need surgery (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2008/12/11/schobel-may-still-need-surgery/)

By Chris Brown - Posted December 11th, 2008
Talking with Aaron Schobel about his Lisfranc foot injury that has landed him on injured reserve (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/schobel-placed-on-injured-reserve/ce4f28ee-7136-49ac-8dd5-2d795f4989c7), the plan is to let the ligament try to heal on its own.
It’s 90 percent torn, but scar tissue they’re hoping keeps the bones of his left big toe from shifting, which is what has been causing so much pain. Basically with the ligament torn almost all the way the bones are rubbing up against one another. Not fun.
They’ll give it until February 1st when Aaron will come back into town and really push it with the trainers with football type work.
If it is not 100 percent good to go then surgery is the next step. Rehab off the surgery takes 6 months, which would put him at August 1st.
Last year Dwight Freeney had a much more serious Lisfranc injury and had to have surgery immediately. He was fully recovered by the close of training camp this past summer.
Schobel’s does not sound as serious. It should be an interesting offseason.

madness
12-12-2008, 09:32 AM
Schobel lets his meds do the talking...

Schobel believes team is close to contending (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2008/12/11/schobel-believes-team-is-close-to-contending/)

In talking to Schobel by phone he feels very strongly that the team is close to contending.
“I really believe we’re on the right track, we just need a couple of more players to step up.”
He admitted the team’s struggles make it look as though things aren’t moving in the right direction with respect to progress with the team, but he believes they are.
“It sucks for the coaches and it sucks for the players that are playing because they’re doing everything they can,” he said. “And I believe we’re close and the fans and people around us start questioning stuff and it sucks because I really, really do believe we’re on the right track.”

HHURRICANE
12-12-2008, 09:39 AM
Schobel lets his meds do the talking...

Schobel believes team is close to contending (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2008/12/11/schobel-believes-team-is-close-to-contending/)

In talking to Schobel by phone he feels very strongly that the team is close to contending.
“I really believe we’re on the right track, we just need a couple of more players to step up.”
He admitted the team’s struggles make it look as though things aren’t moving in the right direction with respect to progress with the team, but he believes they are.
“It sucks for the coaches and it sucks for the players that are playing because they’re doing everything they can,” he said. “And I believe we’re close and the fans and people around us start questioning stuff and it sucks because I really, really do believe we’re on the right track.”

This is the same loser when mic'd that said he was "old and tired" and Kiwaki Mitchell had to tell him to shut up.

I trust the Janitor's opinion more than this loser.

By the way, let's wait til February to have the surgery, that makes sense.

Goodbye.

madness
12-12-2008, 09:42 AM
This is the same loser when mic'd that said he was "old and tired" and Kiwaki Mitchell had to tell him to shut up.

I trust the Janitor's opinion more than this loser.

By the way, let's wait til February to have the surgery, that makes sense.

Goodbye.

He wasn't serious. Schobel has a very dry sense of humor.

trapezeus
12-12-2008, 09:45 AM
whether Schobel was serious or not in that mic'd up segment, there were other comments he made that really questions where he is at. HE had said something during week 3-4 where he felt like he needed to take it to the next step and he thought he was there, but it wasn't working.

It really sounded like a guy who was sliding down and losing his fire to be out there and having the game pass him a little bit.

With Schobel out, that should put the onus on getting a real DE early in the draft.

patmoran2006
12-12-2008, 10:58 AM
Too early?
They gave up on him before the season started.

chernobylwraiths
12-12-2008, 11:18 AM
per V-text.

Your sarcasm cost you being first.

chernobylwraiths
12-12-2008, 11:19 AM
Too early?
They gave up on him before the season started.

Wouldn't that make it too early?

OpIv37
12-12-2008, 11:30 AM
Your sarcasm cost you being first.

and the mistakes and incompetence by the FO that drove me to sarcasm have cost this team a lot more than being first.

chernobylwraiths
12-12-2008, 11:35 AM
and the mistakes and incompetence by the FO that drove me to sarcasm have cost this team a lot more than being first.

for you it is a short drive