PDA

View Full Version : Chris Collinsworth Says Bills Did the Dumbest Thing in NFL History

Mitchy moo
12-11-2008, 08:48 PM
CHRIS COLLINSWORTH: In the history of the National Football League there has never been anything dumber than the Buffalo Bills selling out their home game against the Miami Dolphins to go play in Toronto and take the cash. Season over. Thank you very much, Buffalo Bills, don't know what to say...

PHIL SIMMS: [interrupting] In history? In history!?

CHRIS COLLINSWORTH: In the history of the NFL!

WARREN SAPP: Tell us how you really feel!

CHRIS COLLINSWORTH: [undeterred] The dumbest thing that's ever happened.

PHIL SIMMS: You feel better?

CHRIS COLLINSWORTH: I hope they spend the money wisely and get a nice car. I don't know what they're going to do. It's stupid. <!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_1250164--><!-- THE POST -->

Typ0
12-11-2008, 08:51 PM
boo hoo.

bigbub2352
12-11-2008, 08:53 PM
i hate to say it but after watching that game and all we have been thru as fans together i was never more embarressed in my life than watching that stink on the feild, and listening to Dolphins fans cheer louder than our fans at a home game, i never thought that i would see or hear that in my life

I was truly sad and embarressed to be a Buffalo Bills Fan

Mitchy moo
12-11-2008, 08:56 PM
i hate to say it but after watching that game and all we have been thru as fans together i was never more embarressed in my life than watching that stink on the feild, and listening to Dolphins fans cheer louder than our fans at a home game, i never thought that i would see or hear that in my life

I was truly sad and embarressed to be a Buffalo Bills Fan

In a string of ill timed decisions, this goes to the top. Chris hit a new level of intelligence here.

Typ0
12-11-2008, 08:58 PM
In a string of ill timed decisions, this goes to the top. Chris hit a new level of intelligence here.

he's talking crap. He is completely out of touch here. He has no clue and is grasping at straws to just say "something".

Mitchy moo
12-11-2008, 09:00 PM
he's talking crap. He is completely out of touch here. He has no clue and is grasping at straws to just say "something".

"something" accurate.

Typ0
12-11-2008, 09:06 PM
"something" accurate.

he sounds just like joe dali lamaqueer...like a lot of fans too sucking on the past for their life blood. Collingsworth is a hall of fame broadcaster that is stretching it right now.

SquishDaFish
12-11-2008, 09:12 PM
Hes right! It was the dumbest thing they have done besides not putting Ralph in a body bag. Dumb Dumb DUMB

Typ0
12-11-2008, 09:19 PM
Hes right! It was the dumbest thing they have done besides not putting Ralph in a body bag. Dumb Dumb
DUMB

dumb for the players. screw them the show must go on.

Coach Sal
12-11-2008, 10:10 PM
His point is understandable. Although it's quite hyperbolic.

For example, I'd say accidentally running a fumble into your own endzone, then tossing the ball in the air out of bounds is dumber (Jim Marshall).

Or running after a blocked FG that crossed the line of scrimmage and hitting it, making it a live ball (fumble) and giving the offense a 2nd chance is dumber (Leon Lett).

No one would have said it was dumb had the Bills won.

But like most in the national media, he is completely clueless as to how this thing works. THE BILLS DID NOT CHOOSE TO PLAY THE DOLPHINS IN TORONTO! THAT'S THE GAME THE NFL CHOSE FOR THEM!

Dr. Lecter
12-11-2008, 10:14 PM
Hiring Matt Millen = dumber

tat2dmike77
12-11-2008, 10:15 PM
I just hate the fact that ralph pimped our team out to toronto.

tat2dmike77
12-11-2008, 10:16 PM
Hiring Matt Millen = dumber

Then all of his WR draft picks

billogic99
12-11-2008, 10:56 PM
CHRIS COLLINSWORTH: In the history of the National Football League there has never been anything dumber than the Buffalo Bills selling out their home game against the Miami Dolphins to go play in Toronto and take the cash. Season over. Thank you very much, Buffalo Bills, don't know what to say...

CHRIS COLLINSWORTH: I hope they spend the money wisely and get a nice car. I don't know what they're going to do. It's stupid. <!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_1250164--><!-- THE POST -->

What can you do, RW likes his paper or as they say in the hood, pay-pa.

Pinkerton Security
12-11-2008, 11:00 PM
I hate the Toronto thing. But know what? I hate Collinsworth just as much. Really do. Cant stand the cocky SOB. Hes a major douche.

Typ0
12-12-2008, 06:11 AM
THE BILLS DID NOT CHOOSE TO PLAY THE DOLPHINS IN TORONTO! THAT'S THE GAME THE NFL CHOSE FOR THEM!

how hard would it have been for RW to say leave the division games alone? he told the league they could have that choice!

Historian
12-12-2008, 07:10 AM
how hard would it have been for RW to say leave the division games alone? he told the league they could have that choice!

I agree, although I read it had to be scheduled after the Argo season ended, so that kind of limited the options.

don137
12-12-2008, 07:28 AM
I agree with Sal that the Bills did not have a say in who they played in Toronto but the fact is that a home game in the NFL helps the host team more than any other professional sport. Throw in the fact that that their is only 16 games in a season that this one game each of the next four years make a big difference in making the playoffs (judging how this team is run it probably is a moot point). Facts are facts and Ralph sold out this team.
Look at how Ralph has screwed this team and its fans...sold out the team for money costing them a critical home game, too cheap to hire a competent coaching staff and front office and pays cash to cap and has millions of dollars left in cap space. Can he hurt this team anymore?

Typ0
12-12-2008, 08:14 AM
I agree, although I read it had to be scheduled after the Argo season ended, so that kind of limited the options.

They could have had the San Fran game!

yordad
12-12-2008, 08:27 AM
I agree with Sal that the Bills did not have a say in who they played in Toronto but the fact is that a home game in the NFL helps the host team more than any other professional sport. Throw in the fact that that their is only 16 games in a season that this one game each of the next four years make a big difference in making the playoffs (judging how this team is run it probably is a moot point). Facts are facts and Ralph sold out this team.
Look at how Ralph has screwed this team and its fans...sold out the team for money costing them a critical home game, too cheap to hire a competent coaching staff and front office and pays cash to cap and has millions of dollars left in cap space. Can he hurt this team anymore?Now I don't disagree with anything you just typed, I do have to ask about something that you took a point to call a fact....."the fact is that a home game in the NFL helps the host team more than any other professional sport."

I mean, is this really a fact? :link:

HHURRICANE
12-12-2008, 08:33 AM
boo hoo.

For an owner that talks about the cost of the NFL driving the game out of small markets it now appears that he is the first owner in history to take advantage of the economics of the league.

Ralph Wilson is an embarrassment.

Dr. Lecter
12-12-2008, 08:35 AM
For an owner that talks about the cost of the NFL driving the game out of small markets it now appears that he is the first owner in history to take advantage of the economics of the league.

Ralph Wilson is an embarrassment.

The bolded statement is so inaccurate and ridiculous, I don't even know where to start.

Typ0
12-12-2008, 08:47 AM
Look at how Ralph has screwed this team and its fans...sold out the team for money costing them a critical home game, too cheap to hire a competent coaching staff and front office and pays cash to cap and has millions of dollars left in cap space. Can he hurt this team anymore?

Ralph Wilson himself said he told the league they could take any game they wanted. The Bills did not have a say in it because they didn't opt for one. So what Sal said is correct but the spirit used behind the statment is inaccurate.

Typ0
12-12-2008, 08:48 AM
The bolded statement is so inaccurate and ridiculous, I don't even know where to start.

is it really? He's grandstanding to line his pockets.

trapezeus
12-12-2008, 08:49 AM
if regionalization is really the plan, then playing the game there wasn't a mistake. playing it there vs the dolphins is not a mistake. How else are you going to get fairweather bills fans to become full time (paying3 to4x as much as buffalo fans) bills fans? Have them play the biggest rival and hope some of the buffalo people show up to show the intensity? or play the weakest west coast team in the league?

The truth is, if you buy the regionalization argument, this game was about capturing fairweather fans in toronto and converting them into die hards. They needed a game they could sink their teeth into.

The only mistake made is that the game should have been earlier in the season. They should have taken a week 3-6 game from us. This way the weather stays in tact. But the truth is, Ralph knows he puts out a crap product year in year out for 8 years. He knows buffalo fans stop coming after thanksgiving because the team becomes as boring as it has and frankly we'd rather be with family and on vacation like the rest of the world during december.

HHURRICANE
12-12-2008, 08:52 AM

Dallas and Washington use the popularity of their team to market their product. Wilson used the popularity of the league to market his team to Toronto.

Get the difference?

Patti120
12-12-2008, 09:14 AM
The worst part about the game they showed on Inside the NFL was at the very beginning when the camera went to Royal he said something like "that's right, the Toronto Bills or the Buffalo Bills, call us whatever you like".

don137
12-12-2008, 09:47 AM
Now I don't disagree with anything you just typed, I do have to ask about something that you took a point to call a fact....."the fact is that a home game in the NFL helps the host team more than any other professional sport."

I mean, is this really a fact? :link:

In football fans have a direct effect on a game due to crowd noise resulting in teams penalties such as false starts or not being able to change a play due to crowd noise or forcing a team into a timeout due to crowd noise. What other sport can say that? The term 12th man comes from football what other sport can say that? Those are facts.
Since you are so concerned of the wording please point out other sports where the fans can cause a penalty by the visiting team or force teams into timeouts or players not understanding what to do because they could not hear a call?

Pinkerton Security
12-12-2008, 09:57 AM
The worst part about the game they showed on Inside the NFL was at the very beginning when the camera went to Royal he said something like "that's right, the Toronto Bills or the Buffalo Bills, call us whatever you like".

are you serious?!? Effin Royal!! Hes becoming my Tim Anderson of this year's team, at least as far as hatred goes.

HAMMER
12-12-2008, 11:02 AM
I can't believe we have to endure four more years of this schnit.

Typ0
12-12-2008, 11:10 AM
I can't beliee we have to endure four more years of this schnit.

if/when RW croaks the new owner has an opt out clause!

blackonyx89
12-12-2008, 02:29 PM

Awwww, that's the Bills organization, always making history, bad history! The most backwards thinking NFL organization ever created! No wonder they flouder and fail so much.

OpIv37
12-12-2008, 03:38 PM
To say it was the dumbest thing in the history of the NFL is hyperbole.

But it was still pretty damn dumb. We sacrificed home field advantage so a bunch of Dolphins fans could cheer against us because the fair-weather Bills fans who showed up left during the 3rd quarter because the team played so poorly. And if the goal is regionalization, a better effort is needed because that kind of play won't win anyone over.