PDA

View Full Version : <SLAP FOREHEAD> Coaches repeat stupid sayings

trapezeus
12-12-2008, 08:53 AM
Turk let this beaut go yesterday:

“I think J. P. will play better every game he plays,” Schonert said. “Yeah, he made some mistakes and missed some reads and some throws, but he did some good things as well. Hopefully the more he plays the more confident he gets and the more confidence his teammates will have in him. He’s a veteran. It’s not like he’s a rookie. So he should be able to pick things up quickly.”

This isn't meant to ride JP, but saying things like this publically should automatically put them on the chopping block at the end of the season. They expect him to become more confident? He's never not been confident. Confidence isn't JP's issue. His teammates aren't going to gain confidence in him when he runs into them when he scrambles, when he's no where close in his passes and when he takes 5 sacks a game. He never gets better. He has flashes of averageness. HE has never picked up anything quickly (other than his check).

Turk, just avoid this question for the next three weeks. Don't talk about JP. And for godsakes, start warming up hamden.

HHURRICANE
12-12-2008, 09:01 AM
The fact that he had to bring up the fact that a 5 year veteran of the team has the gain the confidence of his teammates should pretty much sum up the problem with JP Loserman.

billsfanone
12-12-2008, 09:45 AM
He did some things well?

More fluff.

To be supportive and honest, Turk should have said:
"JP made some mistakes. He has the talent and ability to do well. We expect him to play to the best of his abilities every game."

trapezeus
12-12-2008, 09:47 AM
exactly. i'm not against trying to say the politically right thing, but claiming that he wins big games or that he does things well and will get better is concerning.

Comments like that means that they actually feel like throwing the ball will be successful.

With JP out there, Turk could call everything perfectly and receiveres will be open, but it won't matter. JP can't execute an NFL level offense.

It shows why they call a fade route. Maybe a decent QB can throw that, but JP can't.

don137
12-12-2008, 09:49 AM
Well when you play 6 quarters and only produce 6 points total I the window to get worse is far smaller than the window to get better.

trapezeus
12-12-2008, 09:58 AM
Well when you play 6 quarters and only produce 6 points total I the window to get worse is far smaller than the window to get better.

yet the bills always manage to impress you on the downside of all risks. look for the shut out, i say.

yordad
12-12-2008, 10:09 AM
K Turk. What's your excuse?

trapezeus
12-12-2008, 10:47 AM
K Turk. What's your excuse?

turk actually put it on the players for the most part. in the B-lo news article, he said they aren't making the plays. And he said it happened at the beginning of the year too, but eventually they made the plays when they needed them. he said, he'd call up run plays if they were working, but that the blocking is sloppy and the runs are ineffectual.

billsfanone
12-14-2008, 09:06 PM
What's Turk gonna say this week?

Mitchy moo
12-14-2008, 09:08 PM
What's Turk gonna say this week?

Where's my desk?