PDA

View Full Version : Curious on GM situation. Hypothetical

trapezeus
12-12-2008, 12:24 PM
Seeing that RW seems so help bent on having an outside football guy take the team and set it right, do you think Jim Kelly in any shape or form gets the next nod? Jimbo is very forthright with his desire to own the team. He seems into the Bills. He is at most games. He's talking about it.

Is this the next guy? And if he is, it really makes you wonder why they took marv 2-3 years ago when Jim was just as much as a question mark and probably would never have touched Dick Jauron.

I know we all want a real guy, and i know a huge chunk of us don't want former bills greats coming and failing at something new. But Jim really wants in on ownership. I wonder if his first stop will be as a GM.

Typ0
12-12-2008, 01:30 PM
I don't see where you are getting he's hell bent on choosing a football guy to take over. That's what he did with TD and it didn't work out and left a sour taste in his mouth. Maybe he's ready to try again though...

trapezeus
12-12-2008, 03:01 PM
i'm just guessing from what ralph said. i'd think that his "promote them and keep stability" got trumped when he said, "we don't have the talent on this team." I think he knows that the scouting needs to get better fast. and i think that TD left a sour taste in his mouth. So i think he's going to try and find someone he trusts and someone who he thinks may be a good football guy. it's a "hope for a homerun appproach that suits ralph style."

Plus maybe he can pay jimbo in Bills shares to be vested upon his death. Therefore making the transition easier.

dasaybz
12-12-2008, 03:46 PM
http://talkbuffalosports.com/images/smilies/no2.gif