PDA

View Full Version : Turk calls out the players in a Buffalo News article...

shelby
12-12-2008, 01:52 PM
i guess it isn't a coaching issue, eh? More proof (in my opinion anyway) that the Corpse will still be HC next season...

The Buffalo Bills haven’t scored a touchdown in two games and 22 offensive possessions over three games.
The recent slide illustrates an on-going trend. After averaging 27.3 points and 319.5 yards during their 4-0 start, they have averaged 17 points and 274.7 yards in losing eight of the last 10 games.
Offensive coordinator Turk Schonert said the reason for the Bills’ woes is simple.
“We’re not making plays,” he said Thursday. “Early in the year we made mistakes, but we overcame those mistakes by making plays. We’ve had opportunities in front us and we haven’t made them, and therefore we sputter. It’s hard to get a rhythm or get consistency when that happens. We have to figure our way out of this funk, and you do that by making plays.”
It was only three weeks ago that the Bills exploded for season-highs of 444 yards, 27 first downs and five touchdowns in a 54-31 win at Kansas City. But the way the offense has foundered since then, it’s like that game never happened.
Sustaining drives has been a big problem. The Bills have converted 38 percent of their third downs this season (tied for 19th in the NFL), and were a season-worst 1 for 10 during Sunday’s loss to the Miami Dolphins.
The Bills were only 4 for 14 against the Chiefs, but the offense didn’t have to engineer long drives because many possessions began on short fields.
Even with the struggles on third down, the Bills have had scoring chances the last two weeks. But in their last five possessions in the red zone, they have mustered a grand total of three points. Missed field goals, a turnover on downs and an interception were the result of the other drives inside the opponent’s 20-yard line.
The Bills have fallen to 26th in the NFL in the percentage of red-zone possessions that ended in touchdowns (45.2).

more... (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/520762.html)

ddaryl
12-12-2008, 02:13 PM
where were you Turk about 5 games ago ...

nothing like waitng until you have no chance of playoffs to call out your players.

sounds more trying to save is ass...

yordad
12-12-2008, 02:30 PM
".........We need to come out with some fire and some focus this week and make up for it.”

Sounds like you need to hire a motivational speaker. If your team doesn't come out with fire and focus every week, whose fault is it?

dasaybz
12-12-2008, 03:42 PM
Turk, you need to put the players in better situations to make plays. Throwing on first down from the 3 yard line isn't really the thing to do when your offense can't do a damn thing. You run the ball up the guy 3 times in a row, and put the ball in the end zone. That would probably be a good start.

theanswer74
12-12-2008, 04:40 PM
Turk, you need to put the players in better situations to make plays. Throwing on first down from the 3 yard line isn't really the thing to do when your offense can't do a damn thing. You run the ball up the guy 3 times in a row, and put the ball in the end zone. That would probably be a good start.

I dont know how you blame Turk when the QB's are missing open WR's.

JP Losman should have had 3 easy TD's last game.

If we ran the ball 3 times people would screaming for a pass.

Nighthawk
12-12-2008, 05:18 PM
where were you Turk about 5 games ago ...

nothing like waitng until you have no chance of playoffs to call out your players.

sounds more trying to save is ass...

That was exactly my thoughts while I read this article! This entire staff and players seem to be trying to save face because they know that it's the end for Dickey! These guys don't even see that they suck and that they've been horrible for the past month and a half. What a joke!

dasaybz
12-12-2008, 06:21 PM
I dont know how you blame Turk when the QB's are missing open WR's.

JP Losman should have had 3 easy TD's last game.

If we ran the ball 3 times people would screaming for a pass.

I'm not placing all the blame on Turk, but he's surely part of the problem.

Owen DeBoard
12-13-2008, 09:46 PM
I will put all the blame on Turk because he cant figure out how to beat a 3-4 defence. All three teams in our confrence are 3-4 along with Cleveland and 49ers and we havent won one of those games not even against Cleveland and San Fran. So Turk instead of callin out the players how about tryin to figure out how to beat a 3-4 defence you ****ing idiot. Yeah and how about runnin a shotgun formation on 3rd and 1 and to top it off have an emty backfield on top of it. Your way to predictible.

Night Train
12-14-2008, 06:44 AM
Jauron couldn't sell $1 beer to a problem alcoholic in this town.

He is being destroyed by the local media, calling for a complete overhaul of the front office.

You have to consider thousands of 5 year premium seat contracts (big $$) expire after the Pats game.

The Bills just achieved the 2nd highest season ticket total in team history this past season. Many new buyers jumped on an imaginary bandwagon and are NOT hardcore. They will easily bail.

The Bills must now offer a whole new package of hope/faith, based on new faces with some proven success in the NFL.

Otherwise, the amount of season ticket invoices will take a sharp decline & we KNOW old Ralph and the Bills hold the financial end of the business in high regard.

Jauron is a dead man walking.

shelby
12-14-2008, 08:24 AM
i respect what you're saying, NT, but i have a bad feeling Jauron will still be HC next season.

Jan Reimers
12-14-2008, 10:25 AM
I have done extensive research as well as critical analyses of every aspect of the Bills' organization. My reasoned and measured conclusion is that we really suck.

djjimkelly
12-14-2008, 10:50 AM
That was exactly my thoughts while I read this article! This entire staff and players seem to be trying to save face because they know that it's the end for Dickey! These guys don't even see that they suck and that they've been horrible for the past month and a half. What a joke!

nighthawk im sorry they have been horrible for a couple years the feel good story and dream of 5-1 just hid it from most for a few weeks this year

gr8slayer
12-14-2008, 11:40 AM
The players should be calling him out, his play calling has been nothing short of pathetic for the majority of the season.