PDA

View Full Version : Jauron in Jeopardy

T-Long
12-13-2008, 02:37 PM
LINK (http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/)

RUMORS FLY THAT JAURON IS IN JEOPARDY
Posted by Mike Florio on December 13, 2008, 2:20 p.m.

Last Sunday, Bills owner Ralph Wilson raised eyebrows when he responded to the question of whether head coach Dick Jauron will return next season by saying, “I don’t know.”

Now, there are increasing rumors and rumblings in league circles that Jauron will be relieved of his duties after the season.

The thinking is that he might save himself by winning two of the last three games. Even then, another season at the helm isn’t a lock for Jauron.

Earlier this year, Jauron reportedly had reached an agreement with the team on a contract extension, but the deal was never announced and it was the subject of no further media reports.

If Jauron goes, the Bills would be without both a head coach and a General Manager. Some believe that COO Russ Brandon is currently holding the bulk of the authority, and that a G.M. likely won’t be hired, regardless of whether the team ends up in the market for a new coach.

TacklingDummy
12-13-2008, 02:41 PM
If the extension rumor back when the Bills were 5-1 was false, Dick won't be back.

shelby
12-13-2008, 02:42 PM
got a link?

i can't allow myself to get my hopes up.

ALL D
12-13-2008, 02:59 PM
do you think his expressions will change at all when he gets the boot??

Luisito23
12-13-2008, 03:10 PM

If it does it's not like we're going to know anyways...

PECKERWOOD
12-13-2008, 03:20 PM
A GM likely won't be hired???

Yeah, ok. I wont be attending another Bills game next year if that's the case. You want to ***** about talent, Ralph? Do something about it then. Get a GM here who can bring in the best talent available.

X-Era
12-13-2008, 03:23 PM
LINK (http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/)

RUMORS FLY THAT JAURON IS IN JEOPARDY
Posted by Mike Florio on December 13, 2008, 2:20 p.m.

Last Sunday, Bills owner Ralph Wilson raised eyebrows when he responded to the question of whether head coach Dick Jauron will return next season by saying, “I don’t know.”

Now, there are increasing rumors and rumblings in league circles that Jauron will be relieved of his duties after the season.

The thinking is that he might save himself by winning two of the last three games. Even then, another season at the helm isn’t a lock for Jauron.

Earlier this year, Jauron reportedly had reached an agreement with the team on a contract extension, but the deal was never announced and it was the subject of no further media reports.

If Jauron goes, the Bills would be without both a head coach and a General Manager. Some believe that COO Russ Brandon is currently holding the bulk of the authority, and that a G.M. likely won’t be hired, regardless of whether the team ends up in the market for a new coach.

He should be in jeopardy.

Unfortunately, our current owner doesnt have the ability or will to pay for a truly great HC. Its only then that we can truly get better.

The only other thing that has a chance to make us better is to have a star studded roster. Then maybe a regular HC would be good enough.

Typ0
12-13-2008, 03:24 PM
he's not *****ing he's accepted lack of talent as a way of life.

what I don't understand is why? Butler stacked this team with talent. When Fade was here there was so much talent but we got into cap jail. I'd gladly take cap jail again to make a run with some talent...instead we've gone to this cash to the crap garbage.

X-Era
12-13-2008, 03:27 PM
he's not *****ing he's accepted lack of talent as a way of life.

Then he should sell the team so that we can get a REAL owner who actually is commited to winning

Oaf
12-13-2008, 04:06 PM
You all will be eating some serious crow when we win the div.

Nighthawk
12-13-2008, 05:04 PM
If I'm not correct, Florio is friends with Jauron and has been for awhile. I believe I remember him going on WGR when Dickey was hired and saying this. If so, this is a VERY credible source, since he is close to Dickey.

Owen DeBoard
12-13-2008, 09:16 PM
Probably wont hes been fired by Chicago and Detroit so he should be used to it. Just like his 7-9 record and I dont know if he will even get that this year.

njsue
12-14-2008, 06:02 AM
JP Losman as QB should not be any fault of Jauron's.