PDA

View Full Version : Fan apathy descends to a new low

shelby
12-14-2008, 08:39 AM
Hello? Hello? Yeah, you, out there in that vast, despairing wilderness of Buffalo Bills fans. Is there anyone out there with a shred of hope remaining, anyone who is actually going to watch today’s game against the Jets? It’s getting ugly, I can tell you that. If you’re standing in front of the closet, staring at your Jim Kelly jersey and wondering if you should go Christmas shopping instead, you’re not alone.
Trust me, a lot of people are ready to walk away for good. I know Buffalo sports fans are a volatile lot. They swear off their teams more often than a chain smoker gives up cigarettes. In the end, they keep coming back. But this time, I’m not so sure.
From what I can gather, a lot of fans aren’t even going to watch today’s game. They can’t take any more. They can’t bear to see Dick Jauron’s vacant shroud of a face one more time on the sidelines. They can’t imagine watching another pass on first-and- goal from the 3.

more.. (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/522661.html)

Jan Reimers
12-14-2008, 08:53 AM
I'm bucking the trend. The Bills are my team, and I'm watching, despite the fact I'm as disappointed as anyone.

If losses were automatic, there would be no reason to play the game.

Yasgur's Farm
12-14-2008, 09:20 AM
I'm bucking the trend. The Bills are my team, and I'm watching, despite the fact I'm as disappointed as anyone.

If losses were automatic, there would be no reason to play the game.I'm with you... Maybe this will be good for the fan base... Get rid of all the riff-raff.

The over 35-40 year breed who jumped on the bandwagon in the 90's are the one's scooping up their make-up bags and jumping overboard. I guess the sharks gotta eat too!

ddaryl
12-14-2008, 09:41 AM
I'll actually check the score at work today then if they are playing well I'll watch the game TIVO'd otherwise screw it.

there is only one fix for the state of the Bills and thats for Ralph to go get Bill Cowher as a HC

Heck the guy can use is Toronto millions to spend in FA this offseason, and raise ticket prices $10 - $15 and use that to land Cowher as a HC...

that would get us all back real fast. BUT if its business as usual then its safe to say next year we will not see many sell outs.

bigbub2352
12-14-2008, 09:44 AM
Sullivan has been the most dead on sports writer we have had thru these horrible mismangemed years under skeletor

im sorry i will always luv the bills but we need major change
i hate this team, more frustrated and embarressed now then i have ever been as a bills fan

ddaryl
12-14-2008, 09:49 AM
I'm with you... Maybe this will be good for the fan base... Get rid of all the riff-raff.

The over 35-40 year breed who jumped on the bandwagon in the 90's are the one's scooping up their make-up bags and jumping overboard. I guess the sharks gotta eat too!

that's not true... Many of the 35, 40 year old breed like me were watching OJ run the ball in the 70's as kids with their parents

When you see the lack of quality coaches that have come through Buffalo over the years, and then the even worse GM picks we have ended up with, and then have to realize that Ralph fired Polian for his own stubborn selfish reasons... at some point a Bills fan has to realize it is not going to get better...

How much time and money can one invest into a failing investment. Only Ralph can fix this mess by getting the **** out of the way, let other capable of making decisions make them and use his money to buy a championship. Even if Ralph makes a mistake and doesn't liek the outcome he still isn't going to go broke., and his daughters sure as **** won't go hungry.

Heck if I was 90 and little time left I'd be doing whatever it takes to get that Superbowl victory

don137
12-14-2008, 10:55 AM
I watching but I am not at all excited about the game. I hate not getting excited about a Bills game but this team knows how to take the wind out of my sails.

tat2dmike77
12-14-2008, 11:02 AM

If losses were automatic, there would be no reason to play the game.

RIGHT ON

I'm not jumping off like a bunch of these sisssys running to thier "second" favorite team. What the hell is that crap second favorite team PLEASE!

I'm so sick of these threads about how i'm done or i'm not watching the game. It's a bunch of crybaby fans who can't handle a bad team. I've lived through the crappy eighties and 4 sb losses and now this crap for the past decade. So why would i stop now?

Michael82
12-14-2008, 11:08 AM
Sorry to burst Sullivan's bubble...but I will be watching and cheering hard for my Buffalo Bills to win. I honestly think they are going to win. The NJ Bretts haven't been too good lately and we are due for one of those big games from Lee Evans and Marshawn lynch. I think that Schonert will call a good game and we win 24-17.

:gobills:

Michael82
12-14-2008, 11:08 AM
Oh wait.... I forgot something.....

:jetsuck:

OpIv37
12-14-2008, 11:23 AM
My wife got executive suite tickets for the Trans Siberian Orchestra at the Verizon Center, so I won't be watching in real time.

But I have a DVR (several, actually), so I will watch every painful, embarrassing second as soon as I get home. I would be watching it live if it wasn't for the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that presented itsef at the exact same time as the game.

And btw, generally a good article but he lost me at the end. Hamdan? Really? No one is going to tune in to watch a third string, no name QB on the off-chance that he actually shows something.

tat2dmike77
12-14-2008, 11:24 AM
Sorry to burst Sullivan's bubble...but I will be watching and cheering hard for my Buffalo Bills to win. I honestly think they are going to win. The NJ Bretts haven't been too good lately and we are due for one of those big games from Lee Evans and Marshawn lynch. I think that Schonert will call a good game and we win 24-17.

:gobills:

Sullivan is a tool. He loves to bash the Bill for some reason i quit reading his articles long ago.

Michael82
12-14-2008, 11:24 AM
Sullivan is a tool. He loves to bash the Bill for some reason i quit reading his articles long ago.
I agree. He's even worse on the radio. I want to smack the guy really hard if I ever met him in person. :ill:

Ingtar33
12-14-2008, 11:35 AM
im staying home to watch this one.

I like to go to the local pub... but i can't.. not after the last two weeks.

Buffalogic
12-14-2008, 11:36 AM
I'll be watching, but it almost feels like a total involuntary body movement. Just habit really. Probably going to get kicked in the teeth again. The brutalness that is JP Losman at qb