PDA

View Full Version : Clueless Roster Management Plagueing Bills under DJ

bigbub2352
12-14-2008, 09:50 AM
I have been all over the Front Office about there Practice squad and there roster mismaangement over the last couple of weeks and guess what it continues

We finally put Schobel on IR after he was hurt for 9 weeks, any other team would have IRed him after 5, yet we IR Crowell who would have missed 3-4 weeks, also to date we have an open roster spot

thats right we have a 52 man roster right now so i guess we dont need to add anyone with only 3 healthy DEs 3 healthy DTs and 3 healthy cbs goin into the game
WOW

Also we still got 3 WRS on the PS, and 6 on the active roster
WOW

And to top all that we only have 7 players on the PS when ur suppossed to have 8
WOW

IM sorry but come on does this stuff really happen under other teams?
Does a Head coach and Front Office really allow this stuff to happen

This is sad truly sad

ddaryl
12-14-2008, 09:53 AM
and we all agree it has been a fiasco.

Dr. Lecter
12-14-2008, 09:55 AM
I really could not understand why they did not sign somebody this week. It makes no sense.

bigbub2352
12-14-2008, 10:03 AM
I really could not understand why they did not sign somebody this week. It makes no sense.
Normal team would have had someone ready to sign when they knew they were making a move like putting someone on IR
We didnt even have someone ready to sign to the practice squad
WTF?????

patmoran2006
12-14-2008, 10:09 AM
There is a difference when you have a parcells running your team instead of a Brandon.

Brandon is a marketing whiz. He's proving already he doesnt know **** about running a football team.

Jan Reimers
12-14-2008, 10:18 AM
I agree with all of you. The front office, from a football standpoint, seems to be overcome with both ignorance and apathy. They don't know, and they don't care.

bigbub2352
12-14-2008, 10:29 AM
its like we gave up

bigbub2352
12-15-2008, 02:35 PM
I will keep this thread alive, again still no one signed for Schobel's replacement, and still no one signed to the practice squad

I emailed Chris Brown about the practice squad and the open roster spot with no answer
Also I am wondering now that there is 2 roster spots open on the 53 man if we will address that?
right now we stand at 51players on the current roster and 7 on the practice squad
So glad DJ is signed thru 2011 this is a ****ing disgrace

Mad Bomber
12-15-2008, 02:38 PM
I agree with all of you. The front office, from a football standpoint, seems to be overcome with both ignorance and apathy. They don't know, and they don't care.
You forgot to mention incompetence.

ddaryl
12-15-2008, 02:45 PM
You forgot to mention incompetence.

well then you might as well add

incapable, inept, inexpert, unfit, unqualified, unskilled, unskillful, ineffective, ineffectual, inefficient; callow, green, inexperienced, raw; unequipped, unprepared, untrained; useless, worthless; obliviousness, unawareness, unfamiliarity, callousness, hardheartedness, heartlessness, insensitivity, obduracy; blankness, deadness, aloofness, detachment, unconcern ...

I'm sure we could find some more... However most of these terms are reserved purely for Ralph and the coaching staff.. The front office probably can't switch HC without Ralph's blessing, and I'm sure it was Ralph who said give him an extension in the 1st place.

bigbub2352
12-15-2008, 03:07 PM
It is just alarming that we are not addressing these moves it really is, they should be making these moves as soon as they make the other

Schobel IR bring up the DE from the PS or sign someone
sign someone to the PS
sign someone to replace Hardy or bring one of the 3 wrs up

how hard is this

Typ0
12-15-2008, 03:11 PM
what do you gain by putting ES on iR?

bigbub2352
12-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Here we r on wed and still no moves made
still at 51 on the active roster
still at 7 on the practice squad
this is ****ing scary

FinFaninBuffalo
12-16-2008, 03:17 PM
Follow the money.....

Adding a player costs money. It may not be incompetence as much as an unwillingness to spend any more money.

Typ0
12-16-2008, 03:37 PM
Follow the money.....

Adding a player costs money. It may not be incompetence as much as an unwillingness to spend any more money.

that's what I'm saying too...they have to pay those people. If there was someone available that was attractive they might make these moves...but what's the point of paying someone for a few weeks for nothing? Talk about hating...

Typ0
12-16-2008, 03:38 PM
I can also add it's money that could be spent somewhere else...like maybe on next seasons roster. There is always an opportunity cost.

bigbub2352
12-16-2008, 05:38 PM
anyone who thinks not caring a full roster into a game is ok doesnt no the game
We need depth cause our oft injured team has so many depth issues

Also with no AFL and no NLFE we need to be developin players that have poetential those guys are usually practice squad players as well as ur 52nd and 53rd player on ur roster
Steve johnson was that guy
Jabari Greer was that guy
Copeland Bryan
Jason Peters
etc

bigbub2352
12-18-2008, 09:45 AM
Another day closer to the game, still no signings and even chris brown addressed it in his blog finally
so we got 51 on the active roster
7 on the practice squad
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2008/12/17/my-picks-for-roster-openings/
this is sad

Dr. Lecter
12-18-2008, 09:46 AM
I don't mind the PS opening at this time of year.

But the roster spots need to be filled, even if it is just PS guys so nobody else can sign them.

NC-BILLS44
12-18-2008, 09:56 AM
Is KGB still available at DE?

bigbub2352
12-18-2008, 10:13 AM
Yes KGB is still out there

bigbub2352
12-18-2008, 10:14 AM
I don't mind the PS opening at this time of year.

But the roster spots need to be filled, even if it is just PS guys so nobody else can sign them.
With no NFLE and no AFL we need to be looking at prospects more than ever
I dont mind if they fill the roster spots with PS players, but then fill the PS
this isnt rocket science good teams wouldnt do this