X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Jauron, Bills bound through 2011

Back in October, NFL Network reported that the Bills and Dick Jauron had reached an agreement on a contract extension that would run through 2011.

Neither Buffalo nor Jauron confirmed it, leading to questions in recent weeks about whether the deal ever got finalized.

But it did. No one wants to say when, and no one will say for how much, but this much is known: Much to the disappointment of Bills fans, the deal was signed and will last through the 2011 season, according to league sources.

So if Bills owner Ralph Wilson wants to change, he’s going to have to eat the contract he just handed over. Still, it’s not inconceivable that the Bills would turn their back on Jauron and fire him after this season. Jauron’s contract contains offset language that means Buffalo would have limited liability if its head coach found another coaching job elsewhere.

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Jauron, Bills bound through 2011

I hope to God this isn't true. Afterall, Schefter is the one who reported the original signing. Maybe he's just trying to cover his ass.

Comment

• Buffalogic
      Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
      • Feb 2006

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

Unless they are willing to bring in a real deal coach (Billick, Cowher, etc...) they might as well hold on to Jauron.

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

NFL Network's Adam Schefter stands by his report that the Bills signed Dick Jauron to an extension through 2011 back in October. The Bills never made an announcement, but Schefter says it happened and Buffalo is unlikely to eat the contract. As a small-market team, the Bills aren't in good position with this situation. Jauron will probably be back in 2009, although the Bills could strip him of some decision-making power.

Comment

• Nighthawk
            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
            • Jul 2002

If the Bills weren't thinking about making a change at the end of the season, then they would have already announced the deal. What is the point in not announcing it, unless they're not certain about bringing him back? Eating the contract is no big deal...hell, they pay more then that in signing bonus' for players! Relax people, if he loses out or finishes below .500, they won't bring him back.

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

Maybe someone will beat Dick's ass in the offseason and it will turn him into an angry person.

Comment

• topher180
                • Sep 2008

All I hear about, when speaking of our illustrious owner, is how cheap he is. I agree, and hence the speculation about him not "eating" Dickie's contract extension. That said, despite his faults, Ralph is not stupid. He's aware of the city's displeasure with the team and OBD, and if he feels the ticket sales (especially season tickets) would suffer if Jauron is retained, he would have no problem taking a hit on that contract.

Just my opinion of course. We won't know anything until (unless) it happens.

in·ept
                Adjective: Having or showing no skill; clumsy.

:historian:

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jamze132
                  Maybe someone will beat Dick's ass in the offseason and it will turn him into an angry person.
                  I'm hoping that the same people in Buffalo harass him and his family, like they did with Mularkey. If we don't fire him, maybe we can convince him to resign.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by topher180
                    All I hear about, when speaking of our illustrious owner, is how cheap he is. I agree, and hence the speculation about him not "eating" Dickie's contract extension. That said, despite his faults, Ralph is not stupid. He's aware of the city's displeasure with the team and OBD, and if he feels the ticket sales (especially season tickets) would suffer if Jauron is retained, he would have no problem taking a hit on that contract.

Are you sure? It's hard to own a team as long as he has without winning a Super Bowl.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
                      I'm hoping that the same people in Buffalo harass him and his family, like they did with Mularkey. If we don't fire him, maybe we can convince him to resign.
                      Wow, so much for Buffalo being such a great, blue-collar, "high class" town.

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

I hope that you are right!

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dreadnought94
                          Wow, so much for Buffalo being such a great blue-collar, "high class" town.
                          I was just joking around. Calm down.

Comment

• topher180
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Dreadnought94
                            Are you sure? It's hard to own a team as long as he has without winning a Super Bowl.
                            LOL, well no. Just a theory

I'm not sure why a 'Boys fan is so prevalent on a Bills message board, but I am sure that you want to have sweaty man love with Demarcus Ware.

in·ept
                            Adjective: Having or showing no skill; clumsy.

:historian:

Comment

• gr8slayer
                              • Feb 2005

LOL, well no. Just a theory

I'm not sure why a 'Boys fan is so prevalent on a Bills message board, but I am sure that you want to have sweaty man love with Demarcus Ware.

Comment

Working...
                              X