PDA

View Full Version : Donte Whitner

Owen DeBoard
12-14-2008, 03:42 PM
Hows you were runnin your mouth in training camp saying this team was goin to the playoffs this year. You got owned today. Marv not only screwed up by hiring Jauron but also by taking this ****ing clown in the first round at 8.

eyedog
12-14-2008, 03:48 PM
Most overrated player on the team, and it's not even close.

This guy is an average NFL safety, nothing more.

The Bills are the only team stupid enough to use a top-10 pick on a safety. And you wonder why this team sucks.

patmoran2006
12-14-2008, 03:49 PM
I got this text from a steelers fan today at 1:59PM

"haha. whitner is getting abused. way to take an average safety over cutler in the first round. "

Mitchell55
12-14-2008, 03:50 PM
How is it that after the whole year bashing whitner is all you can come up with. He didnt run his mouth, he just thought that we would make the playoffs. Would you of rather heard him say, nope we have no chance. Get a life.

Owen DeBoard
12-14-2008, 03:54 PM
How is it that after the whole year bashing whitner is all you can come up with. He didnt run his mouth, he just thought that we would make the playoffs. Would you of rather heard him say, nope we have no chance. Get a life.
Him and Roy Williams are two guys that I have seen guarntee playoffs and not even come close. I dont see Lynch Evans Edwards Poz Mitchell hell for that matter anyone else on this team guarnteein playoffs. Maybe you need to get a life.

Mitchell55
12-14-2008, 03:59 PM
Him and Roy Williams are two guys that I have seen guarntee playoffs and not even come close. I dont see Lynch Evans Edwards Poz Mitchell hell for that matter anyone else on this team guarnteein playoffs. Maybe you need to get a life.

Yep, every one hates it when your leader has enough confidence in your team to guarentee the playoffs. Also smart ass, Pos did go right along with Whitner with the guarentee, look it up.

jamze132
12-14-2008, 04:06 PM
Most overrated player on the team, and it's not even close.

This guy is an average NFL safety, nothing more.

The Bills are the only team stupid enough to use a top-10 pick on a safety. And you wonder why this team sucks.
Actually the Raiders took Michael Huff right before we took Whitner. Just take a look at both teams and you can see why they are where they are.

SquishDaFish
12-14-2008, 04:15 PM
Whitner is one of the few NONproblems on this team this year. WAKE up

eyedog
12-14-2008, 04:16 PM
Actually the Raiders took Michael Huff right before we took Whitner. Just take a look at both teams and you can see why they are where they are.

Like I said, stupid teams take safeties with a top-10 pick.

Two loser organizations.

more cowbell
12-14-2008, 04:20 PM
Whitner is a good player who gets ragged on all the time because he was picked 8th overall.

should he have been picked 8th? **** no

is he overrated? absolutely

but he is no where near being a big problem on this team, the lack of a pass rush and the fact that whitner was playing CORNERBACK most of the first half for the injured mcgee also plays its part in him sucking today.

dhan
12-14-2008, 04:21 PM
You guys are rediculous. Donte has been a great Safety, you cant expect any player to make lots of plays when our Line gets no pressure and we're starting back up CB, and LB's.

I think this team is really hurting without Jabari starting. He is one of my fav players on this team.

eyedog
12-14-2008, 04:23 PM
Again, AVERAGE. Average is average.
You expect more from a top-10 pick.

SeatownBillsFan21
12-14-2008, 04:38 PM
witner plays his @$$ off for this team. picked high maybe but hes a good player for us and bashing him aint right this d as a whole has NO play makers its a team effort time in and out ko got burnt more today than any other bill today missed tackles and what not he goes 1st

TacklingDummy
12-14-2008, 04:39 PM
If it wasn't for Losman's terrible fumble, Whitner would have been the worst player on the field today.

eyedog
12-14-2008, 04:39 PM
Ko = below average.

historypete
12-14-2008, 04:45 PM
I don't blame Whitner for being drafted 8th. I blame Marv, Dick, Modrak, and Ralph for thinking he was the next Ed Reed. Problem is Ed Reed wasn't drafted until later in the 1st round.

I like Whitner as a player. I think he's more apt at playing FS than SS though. His speed and range would be better suited for that spot, in my opinion. The problem is our coaching staff still matches him up against TE's that are 5 inches taller and 40 lbs heavier. More great coaching and gameplanning.

PECKERWOOD
12-14-2008, 05:37 PM
I like Whitner, he is far from the problem on defense, imo. The witch hunt is starting to get a little ridiculous around here.. FS is more of a problem then SS is on this team.

Mr. Pink
12-14-2008, 05:41 PM
Whitner is average at every aspect of the game.

Considering where he was drafted he's been nothing short of a MAJOR disappoinment.

While he's not one of the problems, he's not part of the solution either.

He's the same type of guy this organization usually gets...a mediocre talent to ride a mediocre front office to a mediocre record.