PDA

View Full Version : Ralph has a choice to make.

lordofgun
12-14-2008, 03:44 PM
Fire Dick, eat the contract, and bring in a competent coach

or

Keep Dick and lose a crapload of season-ticket holders

Either way, he's going to have to eat some money. I don't see much of a financial benefit of holding on to Dick. Sure you have to pay him if you fire him, but he'll likely latch on somewhere else and the financial loss won't be that great.

Michael82
12-14-2008, 03:46 PM
If he keeps Dick Jauron, I don't know how the hell Russ Brandon is going to be able to market this team next year. That will be one of the toughest things ever for Russ.

Nighthawk
12-14-2008, 03:46 PM
Fire Dick, eat the contract, and bring in a competent coach

or

Keep Dick and lose a crapload of season-ticket holders

Either way, he's going to have to eat some money. I don't see much of a financial benefit of holding on to Dick. Sure you have to pay him if you fire him, but he'll likely latch on somewhere else and the financial loss won't be that great.

There really is no choice...Dickey HAS to go. The amount of money it would cost is probably less then Ralphy pays in a signing bonus to a player, so it really isn't a big deal!

Night Train
12-14-2008, 03:51 PM
Either way, he's going to have to eat some money.

Ralph just ATE 78 Mil of the late Ted Rogers $$.

I think he's got enough left in the feed dish to make it work.

historypete
12-14-2008, 04:28 PM
Ralph needs to gut this entire organization.

John Guy has to go. He's done very little if anything as pro personnel director. Modrak can go to as far as I'm concerned at this point. Too many misses early in the draft with these guys (Williams, Kelsay, Denney, JP, McCargo, Whitner-sorry he isn't producing like the 8th overall pick should, McGahee, etc.)

As for the coaching staff everyone goes, and yes that includes April. I don't want to hear anything about how he should be the next HC or all that. Yes, he's done great things with ST, and if the new coach wants to keep him fine, but his staying is not a requirement. There is a culture of losing that permeates this franchise. It starts with Ralph, but he isn't going anywhere until his time comes so that is something we all have to deal with. As for the internals of the organization it is time to clean house. I know the Donahoe thing didn't turn out, but Ralph can't let that experience completely haunt his thinking.

If Jauron comes back, this is going to be like 85 and 86. Empty seats and the ones sitting in the stadium with bags over their heads. The only difference being, I think most will use plastic instead of paper to cover up.

Boomstick
12-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Ralph needs to gut this entire organization.

John Guy has to go. He's done very little if anything as pro personnel director. Modrak can go to as far as I'm concerned at this point. Too many misses early in the draft with these guys (Williams, Kelsay, Denney, JP, McCargo, Whitner-sorry he isn't producing like the 8th overall pick should, McGahee, etc.)

As for the coaching staff everyone goes, and yes that includes April. I don't want to hear anything about how he should be the next HC or all that. Yes, he's done great things with ST, and if the new coach wants to keep him fine, but his staying is not a requirement. There is a culture of losing that permeates this franchise. It starts with Ralph, but he isn't going anywhere until his time comes so that is something we all have to deal with. As for the internals of the organization it is time to clean house. I know the Donahoe thing didn't turn out, but Ralph can't let that experience completely haunt his thinking.

If Jauron comes back, this is going to be like 85 and 86. Empty seats and the ones sitting in the stadium with bags over their heads. The only difference being, I think most will use plastic instead of paper to cover up.

And another positive to this would be that if we used the plastic, that might put a few more of us out of our misery.

SquishDaFish
12-14-2008, 04:33 PM
I was going to take that XMas deal and buy 2 seasons. But now I will wait till Feb and if this coaching staff is still here Im not buying!! **** them!!

jamze132
12-14-2008, 05:38 PM
If I lived near Buffalo, I would have seasons regardless of how ****ty we are.

TacklingDummy
12-14-2008, 05:40 PM

Damn right. Especially considering how cheap they are.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-14-2008, 05:41 PM

bs

jamze132
12-14-2008, 05:49 PM
bs
Do you know me? No you don't. You have no idea...

Mr. Pink
12-14-2008, 05:51 PM
It'll be easy to market the team even with Dick in...

Just bring in some quality free agents or make a flashy first round pick...say Sam Bradford for example.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-14-2008, 05:53 PM
Do you know me? No you don't. You have no idea...

big talk when you dont have to back it up with CASH like the rest of us

You dis me about my fanhood when you dont need to put it to the test like local fans do

jamze132
12-14-2008, 05:56 PM
I am stationed overseas and have watched Bills games with a 6 hour time difference for 3 years now. I have watched them from a war zone and I have pleaded with local barkeeps who show American football to show the Bills.

No one will tell me I am not a diehard fan when it's 3:00am and I am watching the Bills live from Iraq.

jamze132
12-14-2008, 05:57 PM
big talk when you dont have to back it up with CASH like the rest of us

You dis me about my fanhood when you dont need to put it to the test like local fans do
I would have no problem giving up "cash" to watch the Bills. I grew up in Gasport and was a regular at Rich Stadium and the Aud so **** you too.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-14-2008, 05:58 PM
you know, I salute you for your service but you have NO RIGHT and NO REASON to disrecpect ME. I DID MY TIME SO DONT QUESTION MY FAN HOOD@!!!

TacklingDummy
12-14-2008, 06:03 PM
you know, I salute you for your service but you have NO RIGHT and NO REASON to disrecpect ME. I DID MY TIME SO DONT QUESTION MY FAN HOOD@!!!

Actually you questioned his fanhood first.

bs

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-14-2008, 06:05 PM
TD you did not see the other thread

TacklingDummy
12-14-2008, 06:05 PM

Agreed. My opinion was formed by this thread.

jamze132
12-14-2008, 06:06 PM
I'm not saying you aren't a fan, ya drunk, I'm just saying you are a sounding like a fairweather fan with your bs.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-14-2008, 06:07 PM
you are a *****

jamze132
12-14-2008, 06:08 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=2765020#post2765020

For everyone's viewing pleasure... :rockon:

jamze132
12-14-2008, 06:15 PM
you are a *****
I'm not even going to defend myself on that one... :rofl: