PDA

View Full Version : Turk Schonert

jamze132
12-14-2008, 04:49 PM
I honestly don't think Turk is a problem. He listened to his team when they said they wanted run the ball earlier this week, he just ****ed up one play and JP ended up costing us. I don't think he deserves the axe considering this is his first year.

He has a had a pretty decent gameplan every game but he put too much faith in JP the last couple of weeks. That is something that is learned through experience. When you have a guy like JP in there, you have to send in plays that minimize the chance of ****ing up. I don't expect to see that again from him as he seems like a pretty smart guy to me.

Mitchell55
12-14-2008, 04:51 PM
I honestly don't think Turk is a problem. He listened to his team when they said they wanted run the ball earlier this week, he just ****ed up one play and JP ended up costing us. I don't think he deserves the axe considering this is his first year.

He has a had a pretty decent gameplan every game but he put too much faith in JP the last couple of weeks. That is something that is learned through experience. When you have a guy like JP in there, you have to send in plays that minimize the chance of ****ing up. I don't expect to see that again from him as he seems like a pretty smart guy to me.

Dick called the play so hes clean.

SeatownBillsFan21
12-14-2008, 04:53 PM
the staff as a whole has gotta go

jamze132
12-14-2008, 05:05 PM
Dick called the play so hes clean.
You keep believing that. Dick hasn't called a play all season.

jamze132
12-14-2008, 05:06 PM
I am willing to give Turk another year. But Fewell needs to go. I can't stand the fact that we play 10 yards off the receivers on a 3rd and 5.

Michael82
12-14-2008, 05:06 PM
Exactly! We need to clean house!!!

trapezeus
12-14-2008, 05:15 PM
the coaches weren't the problem this week. Fewell's defense didn't give up a third down all second half. again, play action when you are running hteball effectively is what good teams do. Losman lost us this game.

Michael82
12-14-2008, 05:17 PM
the coaches weren't the problem this week. Fewell's defense didn't give up a third down all second half. again, play action when you are running hteball effectively is what good teams do. Losman lost us this game.
Losman was put into position by the coaching to lose this game.

TheBrownBear
12-14-2008, 05:38 PM
Trap is right. This game wasn't the fault of the coaches. We had a good gameplan and actually were on the verge of beating a playoff team on the road. JP's implosion cost us this game. The QB should know that whatever you do, you must protect the ball in that situation. You throw the pass if the primary is wide open, run the ball if it is wide open, or otherwise throw it away. You DO NOT get hit in the backfield for a sack (or fumble). The whole point of rolling JP out on that play was to give him the option of just running or throwing the ball away to the sidelines (he's out of the pocket so no grounding). But JP was just too much of an idiot and does just about the dumbest thing you can do in that situation.

jamze132
12-14-2008, 06:29 PM
Losman was put into position by the coaching to lose this game.
I agree but you are a Yankees fan...

Mahdi
12-14-2008, 06:45 PM

Im not willing to waste another year to find out if Turk is a good OC or not... IMO he failed this year and I want to see an NFL veteran play caller who has solid game plans and gives the offense an identity.