PDA

View Full Version : My what a difference 2 months makes.....

Mitchy moo
12-14-2008, 05:57 PM
2 months ago, we were the real deal at 5-1. We had just beaten SD and took hold of the AFC east. The coaches looked like geniuses and made all the right calls. We had Trent who in the 4th quarter had nearly a perfect QB rating to close out games and looked like a winner.

Now we're 6-8, no chance at the playoffs and watching JP give games away with his antics. The coaches are making all the wrong calls at the wrong time.

I want to say that next season, regardless of the start I will become more like OP and wait until the final bell to see how it turns out.

jcdavey
12-14-2008, 06:40 PM
what's amazing is you guy s were eliminated today from playoff contention, but my chargers still have a shot at winning their pathetic division lol

good luck in denver next week but it won't matter, sd has to go to tb , tb is going to murder us

Mad Bomber
12-14-2008, 07:50 PM
People gave Op a lot of crap for what he said earlier in the season. He was right.

Borosai
12-14-2008, 08:44 PM
I fell for it as well. At the beginning of the season, the Bills weren't playing very good teams, but they were winning. And naturally one would expect a team to improve throughout the season, and be ready for the playoffs, which seemed like a given. I mean, how can a 5-1 team not improve or make the playoffs? Well, the running game finally got going, and the return game is great, but the team is a mess. False hope again.

Mitchy moo
12-14-2008, 08:48 PM
I fell for it as well. At the beginning of the season, the Bills weren't playing very good teams, but they were winning. And naturally one would expect a team to improve throughout the season, and be ready for the playoffs, which seemed like a given. I mean, how can a 5-1 team not improve or make the playoffs? Well, the running game finally got going, and the return game is great, but the team is a mess. False hope again.

Coaches lost the team.

Borosai
12-14-2008, 08:58 PM
Coaches lost the team.

Definitely. And one thing that continually comes to mind is Stroud's comment while walking off the field after the Chargers game, something like "I don't know what else we have to do." Well, now he knows, along with the rest of us. Maybe the team thought it was ready. :err:

billogic99
12-14-2008, 10:05 PM
How can you call this team the "real deal" when we have ZERO wins against teams with a winning record this year and only two wins over the last three years against teams with a winning record? Maybe week 6 the "preception" was we were the real deal, but looking back now, we weren't the real deal at all this year. Look who we beat through the first 6 weeks. The Jags, Seahawks, Rams....they all suck badly. Sorry but this team wasn't and hasn't been the real deal since the early 90's.