• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

I'm Happy With The Coaching

I've seen over and over crap from the QB causing a loss. Every game if just a couple ounces of that crap turns into a rose we win. Things have got to turn around for these guys if they can get a decent QB here. I don't think looking at DJs record is fair he's never had a decent QB and never been on a team that wasn't in a transitional period. The game we are trying to play is not getting the respect it should. Everyone has called them out on having JP throw the ball but I can accept DJs explanation for running the play there. He said:

1) they were lining up stacking the box to stop the run.

2) the clock was going to stop in a few seconds.

This probably was the only chance there at the end to run a pass play. In this case, they are playing run and an incomplete pass won't be responsible for stopping the clock. We needed a first down there to put the game away!

I can understand the bombardment the staff is going to take for what happened. It really falls back on crap from the QB position though. I like the thinking of the play call. They recognized a good opportunity to throw a pass and put the game away. They went for the throat really--they do that a lot and are criticized for not doing it because of crap from the QB position. If a play is made there the game is over and it was a very smart call.
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: I'm Happy With The Coaching

Usually I agree with you Typo but you are so far off base here, a act of god is about the only thing that can save you.

First of all, we hear of percentage football from our coaches and the importance of fundementals. So we are on the road and they go for the most statistically poor opportunity, that is a complete lack of direction and shows that the coaches are lost.

Gameplan, execution, adjustments & fundementals = Higher % of wins.

Comment

• Oaf
      Do you read what you write?
      • Jun 2007

Obviously JP should have thrown the ball regardless but, did anyone see how the routes had developed downfield?

Comment

• Typ0
        honey pie
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
        Usually I agree with you Typo but you are so far off base here, a act of god is about the only thing that can save you.

First of all, we hear of percentage football from our coaches and the importance of fundementals. So we are on the road and they go for the most statistically poor opportunity, that is a complete lack of direction and shows that the coaches are lost.

Gameplan, execution, adjustments & fundementals = Higher % of wins.
        I don't agree it was the most statistically poor opportunity and that is what DJ was saying. It was the best chance to throw a pass...in may have been the only chance of throwing a pass. Also, it was a chance to win the game. You have to put people in a position to win it and that's what they did. If the QB can't win it what's the point anyway?

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Oaf
          Obviously JP should have thrown the ball regardless but, did anyone see how the routes had developed downfield?

Could have just thrown it away instead of trying to scramble.

He scrambles into trouble more than he scrambles out of trouble.

Comment

• dasaybz
            • Apr 2005

The play call was pretty bad, but the execution was 100 X worse.

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

THey "lined up to stop the run" for the four plays before that and we still gained 17 yards,including a first down and had a second and five.

Their coaching today and in general is not defendable. They are the worst in the NFL besides a few cellar teams like KC, Cinci and Detroit. Sadly, we're in the same class as them.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                THey "lined up to stop the run" for the four plays before that and we still gained 17 yards,including a first down and had a second and five.

Their coaching today and in general is not defendable. They are the worst in the NFL besides a few cellar teams like KC, Cinci and Detroit. Sadly, we're in the same class as them.

that's why they had to throw a pass when the opportunity was there!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Typ0
                  I don't agree it was the most statistically poor opportunity and that is what DJ was saying. It was the best chance to throw a pass...in may have been the only chance of throwing a pass. Also, it was a chance to win the game. You have to put people in a position to win it and that's what they did. If the QB can't win it what's the point anyway?
                  Our best player is our punter & he never got a chance to touch the ball. However painfully obvious a run is, it was effective enough to get the clock to run under 2 minutes and we could of still been in a position to win even on the defensive side of the ball.

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
                    Our best player is our punter & he never got a chance to touch the ball. However painfully obvious a run is, it was effective enough to get the clock to run under 2 minutes and we could of still been in a position to win even on the defensive side of the ball.
                    no, the clock wasn't going to run. It was at the two minute warning. That's why this was the only opportunity to throw a pass. All the *****ing about playing not to win and all of a sudden people want them to run the ball and punt away to the other team with a minute and a half on the clock. Crap! They went for the win.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

no, the clock wasn't going to run. It was at the two minute warning. That's why this was the only opportunity to throw a pass. All the *****ing about playing not to win and all of a sudden people want them to run the ball and punt away to the other team with a minute and a half on the clock. Crap! They went for the win.
                      Amazing that some people don't get it. JP had 2 INT's and 2 fumbles up until that point in the game, so putting the ball in his unstable hands is going for the win?? If we got a first down via running, it would of ended the game as well.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

I've seen over and over crap from the QB causing a loss. Every game if just a couple ounces of that crap turns into a rose we win. Things have got to turn around for these guys if they can get a decent QB here. I don't think looking at DJs record is fair he's never had a decent QB and never been on a team that wasn't in a transitional period. The game we are trying to play is not getting the respect it should. Everyone has called them out on having JP throw the ball but I can accept DJs explanation for running the play there. He said:

1) they were lining up stacking the box to stop the run.

2) the clock was going to stop in a few seconds.

This probably was the only chance there at the end to run a pass play. In this case, they are playing run and an incomplete pass won't be responsible for stopping the clock. We needed a first down there to put the game away!

I can understand the bombardment the staff is going to take for what happened. It really falls back on crap from the QB position though. I like the thinking of the play call. They recognized a good opportunity to throw a pass and put the game away. They went for the throat really--they do that a lot and are criticized for not doing it because of crap from the QB position. If a play is made there the game is over and it was a very smart call.
                        so, you say the QB is crap, but you have no problem with the coaches deciding to put the ball in his hands rather than Marshawn Lynch's with the game on the line? That doesn't make any sense.

It's part of the coaching staff's job to understand the limitations of their players. Don't go for the kill shot with a player who has proven time and time again that he has no killer instinct. That's just plain dumb.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                          Roways rooking ahread!
                          • Sep 2005

Look at the stats and tell me where the money puts the ball??

Team Stat Comparison
                          1st Downs2318
                          Total Yards306372
                          Passing NO F-In way --->>>>119207
                          Rushing Money in the bank--->>>187165
                          Penalties4-333-25
                          3rd Down Conversions6-144-11
                          4th Down Conversions2-20-1
                          Turnovers42
                          Possession How did we win this battle??35:2924:31

Air/Ground Leaders
                          Buffalo Passing
                          C/ATTYDSTDINT
                          Losman24/3914813

NY Jets Passing
                          C/ATTYDSTDINT
                          Favre17/3020712

Buffalo Rushing
                          CARYDSTDLG
                          Lynch21127035
                          Jackson731111

NY Jets Rushing
                          CARYDSTDLG
                          Jones2078116
                          Washington147147

Buffalo Receiving
                          RECYDSTDLG
                          Reed443014
                          Jackson62408

NY Jets Receiving
                          RECYDSTDLG
                          Coles582022
                          Keller335020

Buffalo Fumbles
                          FUMLOSTREC
                          Losman310
                          Jackson100

NY Jets Fumbles
                          FUMLOSTREC
                          Ellis001

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

and btw, I hope you're also happy with 7-9 because that's about all this coaching staff is capable of.

It's going to get worse, not better. We don't get to play the two sorriest divisions in footbal next year, plus Brady will be back.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                              • Jan 2003

Well you will be happy that Dickie is here for another few years.

Comment

Working...
                              X