PDA

View Full Version : I'm Happy With The Coaching

Typ0
12-14-2008, 08:22 PM
I've seen over and over crap from the QB causing a loss. Every game if just a couple ounces of that crap turns into a rose we win. Things have got to turn around for these guys if they can get a decent QB here. I don't think looking at DJs record is fair he's never had a decent QB and never been on a team that wasn't in a transitional period. The game we are trying to play is not getting the respect it should. Everyone has called them out on having JP throw the ball but I can accept DJs explanation for running the play there. He said:

1) they were lining up stacking the box to stop the run.

2) the clock was going to stop in a few seconds.

This probably was the only chance there at the end to run a pass play. In this case, they are playing run and an incomplete pass won't be responsible for stopping the clock. We needed a first down there to put the game away!

I can understand the bombardment the staff is going to take for what happened. It really falls back on crap from the QB position though. I like the thinking of the play call. They recognized a good opportunity to throw a pass and put the game away. They went for the throat really--they do that a lot and are criticized for not doing it because of crap from the QB position. If a play is made there the game is over and it was a very smart call.

Mitchy moo
12-14-2008, 08:35 PM
Usually I agree with you Typo but you are so far off base here, a act of god is about the only thing that can save you.

First of all, we hear of percentage football from our coaches and the importance of fundementals. So we are on the road and they go for the most statistically poor opportunity, that is a complete lack of direction and shows that the coaches are lost.

Gameplan, execution, adjustments & fundementals = Higher % of wins.

Oaf
12-14-2008, 08:39 PM
Obviously JP should have thrown the ball regardless but, did anyone see how the routes had developed downfield?

Typ0
12-14-2008, 08:52 PM
Usually I agree with you Typo but you are so far off base here, a act of god is about the only thing that can save you.

First of all, we hear of percentage football from our coaches and the importance of fundementals. So we are on the road and they go for the most statistically poor opportunity, that is a complete lack of direction and shows that the coaches are lost.

Gameplan, execution, adjustments & fundementals = Higher % of wins.

I don't agree it was the most statistically poor opportunity and that is what DJ was saying. It was the best chance to throw a pass...in may have been the only chance of throwing a pass. Also, it was a chance to win the game. You have to put people in a position to win it and that's what they did. If the QB can't win it what's the point anyway?

TacklingDummy
12-14-2008, 08:54 PM
Obviously JP should have thrown the ball regardless but, did anyone see how the routes had developed downfield?

Could have just thrown it away instead of trying to scramble.

He scrambles into trouble more than he scrambles out of trouble.

dasaybz
12-14-2008, 08:54 PM
The play call was pretty bad, but the execution was 100 X worse.

patmoran2006
12-14-2008, 08:56 PM
THey "lined up to stop the run" for the four plays before that and we still gained 17 yards,including a first down and had a second and five.

Their coaching today and in general is not defendable. They are the worst in the NFL besides a few cellar teams like KC, Cinci and Detroit. Sadly, we're in the same class as them.

Typ0
12-14-2008, 08:57 PM
THey "lined up to stop the run" for the four plays before that and we still gained 17 yards,including a first down and had a second and five.

Their coaching today and in general is not defendable. They are the worst in the NFL besides a few cellar teams like KC, Cinci and Detroit. Sadly, we're in the same class as them.

that's why they had to throw a pass when the opportunity was there!

Mitchy moo
12-14-2008, 09:05 PM
I don't agree it was the most statistically poor opportunity and that is what DJ was saying. It was the best chance to throw a pass...in may have been the only chance of throwing a pass. Also, it was a chance to win the game. You have to put people in a position to win it and that's what they did. If the QB can't win it what's the point anyway?

Our best player is our punter & he never got a chance to touch the ball. However painfully obvious a run is, it was effective enough to get the clock to run under 2 minutes and we could of still been in a position to win even on the defensive side of the ball.

Typ0
12-14-2008, 09:08 PM
Our best player is our punter & he never got a chance to touch the ball. However painfully obvious a run is, it was effective enough to get the clock to run under 2 minutes and we could of still been in a position to win even on the defensive side of the ball.

no, the clock wasn't going to run. It was at the two minute warning. That's why this was the only opportunity to throw a pass. All the *****ing about playing not to win and all of a sudden people want them to run the ball and punt away to the other team with a minute and a half on the clock. Crap! They went for the win.

Mitchy moo
12-14-2008, 09:11 PM
no, the clock wasn't going to run. It was at the two minute warning. That's why this was the only opportunity to throw a pass. All the *****ing about playing not to win and all of a sudden people want them to run the ball and punt away to the other team with a minute and a half on the clock. Crap! They went for the win.

Amazing that some people don't get it. JP had 2 INT's and 2 fumbles up until that point in the game, so putting the ball in his unstable hands is going for the win?? If we got a first down via running, it would of ended the game as well.

OpIv37
12-14-2008, 09:13 PM
I've seen over and over crap from the QB causing a loss. Every game if just a couple ounces of that crap turns into a rose we win. Things have got to turn around for these guys if they can get a decent QB here. I don't think looking at DJs record is fair he's never had a decent QB and never been on a team that wasn't in a transitional period. The game we are trying to play is not getting the respect it should. Everyone has called them out on having JP throw the ball but I can accept DJs explanation for running the play there. He said:

This probably was the only chance there at the end to run a pass play. In this case, they are playing run and an incomplete pass won't be responsible for stopping the clock. We needed a first down there to put the game away!

I can understand the bombardment the staff is going to take for what happened. It really falls back on crap from the QB position though. I like the thinking of the play call. They recognized a good opportunity to throw a pass and put the game away. They went for the throat really--they do that a lot and are criticized for not doing it because of crap from the QB position. If a play is made there the game is over and it was a very smart call.

so, you say the QB is crap, but you have no problem with the coaches deciding to put the ball in his hands rather than Marshawn Lynch's with the game on the line? That doesn't make any sense.

It's part of the coaching staff's job to understand the limitations of their players. Don't go for the kill shot with a player who has proven time and time again that he has no killer instinct. That's just plain dumb.

Mitchy moo
12-14-2008, 09:15 PM
Look at the stats and tell me where the money puts the ball??

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=gamehead><TD colSpan=3>Team Stat Comparison</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=middle><TD align=left> </TD><TD>http://assets.espn.go.com/i/teamlogos/nfl/sml/trans/buf.gif</TD><TD>http://assets.espn.go.com/i/teamlogos/nfl/sml/trans/nyj.gif</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=middle><TD class=bi align=left>1st Downs</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>18</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=middle><TD class=bi align=left>Total Yards</TD><TD>306</TD><TD>372</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=middle><TD class=bi align=left>Passing NO F-In way --->>>></TD><TD>119</TD><TD>207</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=middle><TD class=bi align=left>Rushing Money in the bank--->>></TD><TD>187</TD><TD>165</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=middle><TD class=bi align=left>Penalties</TD><TD>4-33</TD><TD>3-25</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=middle><TD class=bi align=left>3rd Down Conversions</TD><TD>6-14</TD><TD>4-11</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=middle><TD class=bi align=left>4th Down Conversions</TD><TD>2-2</TD><TD>0-1</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=middle><TD class=bi align=left>Turnovers</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>2</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=middle><TD class=bi align=left>Possession How did we win this battle??</TD><TD>35:29</TD><TD>24:31</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=tablehead style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; BACKGROUND: #fff; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2><TABLE class=tablehead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #dcdcdc 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #dcdcdc 1px solid; MARGIN: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: #dcdcdc 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #dcdcdc 0px solid" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=gamehead><TD>Air/Ground Leaders</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD style="WIDTH: 50%"><TABLE class=tablehead style="MARGIN: 0px 0px 5px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead style="BACKGROUND: #00133f"><TD colSpan=5>Buffalo Passing</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left> </TD><TD>C/ATT</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>INT</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>Losman (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=5547)</TD><TD>24/39</TD><TD>148</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 50%"><TABLE class=tablehead style="MARGIN: 0px 0px 5px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead style="BACKGROUND: #174032"><TD colSpan=5>NY Jets Passing</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left> </TD><TD>C/ATT</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>INT</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>Favre (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=112)</TD><TD>17/30</TD><TD>207</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD style="WIDTH: 50%"><TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead style="BACKGROUND: #00133f"><TD colSpan=5>Buffalo Rushing</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left> </TD><TD>CAR</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>LG</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>Lynch (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=10456)</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>127</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>35</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Jackson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=10195)</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>11</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 50%"><TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead style="BACKGROUND: #174032"><TD colSpan=5>NY Jets Rushing</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left> </TD><TD>CAR</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>LG</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>Jones (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=2138)</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>78</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>16</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Washington (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9703)</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>47</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>47</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD style="WIDTH: 50%"><TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead style="BACKGROUND: #00133f"><TD colSpan=5>Buffalo Receiving</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left> </TD><TD>REC</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>LG</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>Reed (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=3564)</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>43</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>14</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Jackson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=10195)</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>8</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 50%"><TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead style="BACKGROUND: #174032"><TD colSpan=5>NY Jets Receiving</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left> </TD><TD>REC</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>LG</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>Coles (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=2209)</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>82</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>22</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Keller (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=11264)</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>20</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD style="WIDTH: 50%"><TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead style="BACKGROUND: #00133f"><TD colSpan=4>Buffalo Fumbles</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left> </TD><TD>FUM</TD><TD>LOST</TD><TD>REC</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>Losman (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=5547)</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Jackson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=10195)</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 50%"><TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead style="BACKGROUND: #174032"><TD colSpan=4>NY Jets Fumbles</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left> </TD><TD>FUM</TD><TD>LOST</TD><TD>REC</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>Ellis (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=2143)</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

OpIv37
12-14-2008, 09:18 PM
and btw, I hope you're also happy with 7-9 because that's about all this coaching staff is capable of.

It's going to get worse, not better. We don't get to play the two sorriest divisions in footbal next year, plus Brady will be back.

chernobylwraiths
12-14-2008, 09:18 PM
:rofl:

Well you will be happy that Dickie is here for another few years.

chernobylwraiths
12-14-2008, 09:19 PM
and btw, I hope you're also happy with 7-9 because that's about all this coaching staff is capable of.

It's going to get worse, not better. We don't get to play the two sorriest divisions in footbal next year, plus Brady will be back.

Maybe we are just gearing up for a couple REALLY bad years and some TOP picks for the NEW coach when he is hired.

Typ0
12-14-2008, 09:23 PM
so, you say the QB is crap, but you have no problem with the coaches deciding to put the ball in his hands rather than Marshawn Lynch's with the game on the line? That doesn't make any sense.

It's part of the coaching staff's job to understand the limitations of their players. Don't go for the kill shot with a player who has proven time and time again that he has no killer instinct. That's just plain dumb.

The only thing they were asking him to do there was not turn the ball over and make a short throw only if a guy is wide open. It's sad that he couldn't do that. The pressure wasn't even on him to have to make a big play there.

Typ0
12-14-2008, 09:25 PM
:rofl:

Well you will be happy that Dickie is here for another few years.

I'm fine with having him here next year from what I have seen. I don't want to eat my words I want this team to be successful...but I'm holding back my thoughts about later years until week 14 next year.

Owen DeBoard
12-14-2008, 09:27 PM

Ok so why didnt they go for the throat against Cleveland when we were down 3 points with somewhere around a minute and a half and we complete the pass to Royal to get us a first down. Then instead of trying to win that game or get the kicker closer they decide to run the ball up the middle three straight times and settle for a 47 yard field goal into the wind. Why cant some people see that Jauron is a loser his record shows it. Quit making excuses for him. The guy could have a good team and still blow it wait a minute just like he did this year.

Mitchy moo
12-14-2008, 09:28 PM
The only thing they were asking him to do there was not turn the ball over and make a short throw only if a guy is wide open. It's sad that he couldn't do that. The pressure wasn't even on him to have to make a big play there.

Since JP had already turned the ball over several times during the course of the game and fumbled an additional 2 times before this 3rd fumble, it's sad he even had a chance to fail again.

Owen DeBoard
12-14-2008, 09:30 PM
They have done the same **** with Edwards this year too. Hes been down in the redzone and they get pass happy way to many times and turn the ball over.

Mitchy moo
12-14-2008, 09:34 PM
Peters cost us about 3 games this year as well, he sucks. He better expect a big lump of coal in his new contract stocking and show up early for work next season.

colin
12-14-2008, 09:39 PM
in this context i agree w typo.

our players lost on that play.

if there was a coaching error that would lead to that call being a bad call (because of how *** jp is) then jp should not have been in the game at all in the first place

Nighthawk
12-14-2008, 09:42 PM
Typo you really make it difficult to believe you have any football knowledge! Are you f'n serious?!?! If you think the coaching is fine on this team, then I'm very happy that you don't own this team...

Mike13
12-14-2008, 10:03 PM
This is a team that started out 5-1 and proceded to tank all the way to 6-8. Typo, how the hell can you give coaching a pass?

tat2dmike77
12-14-2008, 10:11 PM
I had to choke down the vomit in my mouth when i read your inital post typo. Usually you have good insight on things you post about. But here lately your man crush on Jauron may be blinding you a bit.

How can you say that the coaching is fine on this team? A team that started out 5-1 now will finish dead last in the division and most likely without a division win sin '86 and i remember '86 and that year was horrible much like the ones before that. I don't see how anyone can say that with Jaruon as our HC we will be a better team.

I know you want to give him one more year. Well let me let you in on a little secret here in the real world. If you don't perform in your job you will most likely no scratch that you will get fired. If you consistently sucked at your job and did not meet certain criteria would you still have a job? Point is the Bills have given this guy his chance and all he has done is be mediocre at best. So why waste one more year on him when we could bring in someone who could devolpe the young talent and move things forward?

TacklingDummy
12-14-2008, 10:29 PM
This is a team that started out 5-1 and proceded to tank all the way to 6-8.

In hindsight look at the Bills schedule and see who they played. The results are not that surprising. There is not enough talent on this team to win consistently no matter who the coach is.

pintonick96
12-14-2008, 10:59 PM
How is that putting the game in Marshawns hands? If JP didn't fumble liek the ****head he his, then it just wouldve been a sack and the clock still woulda stopped for the 2 min warning. If we ran the ball against 9 in the ****ing box then Lynch woulda got a no gain like he did all year and look, same thing as if JP didnt fumble. Take a chance already you pussies.

Ebenezer
12-15-2008, 12:01 AM
Typ0...go rerun the Dallas game from last year....same thing happened. You don't get to make the same mistake twice in this league.

Philagape
12-15-2008, 12:08 AM
If someone wants to say the play was not a bad call, fine.

But what about Dick Jauron is there to be happy about? The man doesn't need a reason to be fired; he needs many reasons to be kept. What is there to be happy about in a career that has ONE WINNING SEASON OUT OF NINE?

There is nothing about this man to suggest that he can lead an NFL team anywhere. He has no passion, his game management is a joke, his staff choices have been no better than himself.

The only good thing that's ever been said about him is that he's popular with players. Right now, that's nothing but scary.

chernobylwraiths
12-15-2008, 06:46 AM
I heard the play was a roll out and throw to the full back. The full back.

Yeah, great call.

Nighthawk
12-15-2008, 06:48 AM
I heard the play was a roll out and throw to the full back. The full back.

Yeah, great call.

Yeah, I can see why Typo would be happy with the coaching!

Night Train
12-15-2008, 06:49 AM
Everything is fine.

Historian
12-15-2008, 07:01 AM
If someone wants to say the play was not a bad call, fine.

But what about Dick Jauron is there to be happy about? .

What indeed?

No emotion....whatsoever.

GreedoII
12-15-2008, 07:02 AM
I mean look at the Clev game. These fools decide to play safe when aggressiveness is needed to assure more clock is chewed up and get closer into Lindell 95% range and they run. Yesterday..they are winning and pinned back at their own 15 or with 2min and they pass???? I mean this is the problem with this staff. They do the opposite of what they should do. It's mind boggling and ******ed. There is not one player or coach that I like on this team. They are boring/stupid/ignorant/arrogant/losers. I hate this team with all my heart and I have never felt this way about any Bills team and there have been quite a few bad ones. You can't justify any of the crap going on here from top to bottom. You are a stupid fool if any of you dolts believe it. Suckers

Square pegs in round holes man....

OpIv37
12-15-2008, 08:34 AM
How is that putting the game in Marshawns hands? If JP didn't fumble liek the ****head he his, then it just wouldve been a sack and the clock still woulda stopped for the 2 min warning. If we ran the ball against 9 in the ****ing box then Lynch woulda got a no gain like he did all year and look, same thing as if JP didnt fumble. Take a chance already you pussies.

Did you look at Lynch's stats for that game? The yardage totals and the TOP? Did you look at JP's stats or his performance over the course of that game?

We were consistently cramming the ball down their throats and Lynch was racking up numbers. Meanwhile, JP had horrendous yardage totals and struggled with accuracy on short passes all afternoon.

Why the hell would you call a play that HASN'T been working over one that HAS? Why would you put the ball in JP's hands? He has NEVER successfully executed the 2 minute drill at the end of a game or half- the guy has ZERO clutch ability. Once again, you can't go for the kill shot with a player who has no killer instinct.

Jauron has consistently been one of the most conservative coaches in the league, and yet he picks THAT MOMENT to suddenly abandon that philosophy and go for it, and he chooses to do it with JP ****ing LOSMAN? The stupidity is mind-boggling.

chernobylwraiths
12-15-2008, 08:37 AM
Did you look at Lynch's stats for that game? The yardage totals and the TOP? Did you look at JP's stats or his performance over the course of that game?

We were consistently cramming the ball down their throats and Lynch was racking up numbers. Meanwhile, JP had horrendous yardage totals and struggled with accuracy on short passes all afternoon.

Why the hell would you call a play that HASN'T been working over one that HAS? Why would you put the ball in JP's hands? He has NEVER successfully executed the 2 minute drill at the end of a game or half- the guy has ZERO clutch ability. Once again, you can't go for the kill shot with a player who has no killer instinct.

Jauron has consistently been one of the most conservative coaches in the league, and yet he picks THAT MOMENT to suddenly abandon that philosophy and go for it, and he chooses to do it with JP ****ing LOSMAN? The stupidity is mind-boggling.

Houston a couple years back. Just sayin

HHURRICANE
12-15-2008, 08:38 AM
Since JP had already turned the ball over several times during the course of the game and fumbled an additional 2 times before this 3rd fumble, it's sad he even had a chance to fail again.

Hard to argue with this point. Same issue I had with putting Edwards in an empty backfield after throwing 2 picks early.

The coaching staff is always vasilating between too much faith and not enough.

Typ0
12-15-2008, 09:13 AM
I mean look at the Clev game. These fools decide to play safe when aggressiveness is needed to assure more clock is chewed up and get closer into Lindell 95% range and they run. Yesterday..they are winning and pinned back at their own 15 or with 2min and they pass???? I mean this is the problem with this staff. They do the opposite of what they should do. It's mind boggling and ******ed. There is not one player or coach that I like on this team. They are boring/stupid/ignorant/arrogant/losers. I hate this team with all my heart and I have never felt this way about any Bills team and there have been quite a few bad ones. You can't justify any of the crap going on here from top to bottom. You are a stupid fool if any of you dolts believe it. Suckers

Square pegs in round holes man....

they weren't playing it safe they were making sure the clock ran down as much as possible...it makes sense if you win the game and is a reason to bash them if you don't.

Typ0
12-15-2008, 09:17 AM
I had to choke down the vomit in my mouth when i read your inital post typo. Usually you have good insight on things you post about. But here lately your man crush on Jauron may be blinding you a bit.

How can you say that the coaching is fine on this team? A team that started out 5-1 now will finish dead last in the division and most likely without a division win sin '86 and i remember '86 and that year was horrible much like the ones before that. I don't see how anyone can say that with Jaruon as our HC we will be a better team.

I know you want to give him one more year. Well let me let you in on a little secret here in the real world. If you don't perform in your job you will most likely no scratch that you will get fired. If you consistently sucked at your job and did not meet certain criteria would you still have a job? Point is the Bills have given this guy his chance and all he has done is be mediocre at best. So why waste one more year on him when we could bring in someone who could devolpe the young talent and move things forward?

the bottom line for me is we are not going to get an upper tier staff in here...if we were I'd be all gung ho about getting rid of DJ and company. But we aren't we are just going to get someone with a lot of new and bright ideas who is going to want to blow everything that has been built up for the next two or three seasons and then they will be in the same boat with the fans, media & RW. It's a very painful cycle I'm sick of. It's very obvious to me that the QBing has been horrid. Give this staff another chance. They should push for a veteran, quality QB in the offseason. Then hold them accountable to having a few years to build the talent they say they need and hold RW accountable because he hired the staff to begin with.

In short, in the absence of a top tier staff coming in stick with DJ another year. It's clear to me that he has never gotten decent play from the QB position and I'd like to see what he's got to offer when he gets that--but the organization has to being that here next season too no more screwing around.

Typ0
12-15-2008, 09:18 AM
Oh, and I do like the system they are trying to play and I actually think the play calling has been delightfully aggressive albeit very poorly executed.

Ebenezer
12-15-2008, 10:28 AM
Oh, and I do like the system they are trying to play and I actually think the play calling has been delightfully aggressive albeit very poorly executed.
Typ0 - even DJ is not defending DJ on this one.

GreedoII
12-15-2008, 11:21 AM
they weren't playing it safe they were making sure the clock ran down as much as possible...it makes sense if you win the game and is a reason to bash them if you don't.

Man, I dunno. If it worked I would have still questioned the decision, but still this team isn't good enough to execute really anything when it matters. That's still on coaching for putting them in that position. Jauron needs an all star team to win despite him and to hide his faults and that doesn't seem likely the way this crappy team has been constructed.

Nighthawk
12-15-2008, 12:17 PM

IT'S OFFICIAL! TYPO HAD A LOBOTOMY!

Jan Reimers
12-15-2008, 12:18 PM
In making this call, Jauron must consider JP's: Inability to read defenses and find open receivers; inaccuracy on short passes; unawareness and lack of sensitivity to blind-side pressure; tendency to hold the ball too long; running himself into sacks; and propensity to fumble. Not to mention that our running game had worked beautifully all day.

If we had a legitimate NFL QB under center, this call may have been acceptable, but still somewhat controversial. With JP at the helm, it's like giving the keys to your new 'vette to a blind, drunk, ******ed driver.

OpIv37
12-15-2008, 12:21 PM
Houston a couple years back. Just sayin

Even a blind fly lands on **** sometimes.

Typ0
12-15-2008, 01:19 PM
Folks, I'm tired of constantly being pissed off at the coaching and the playcalling. I see a lot of positive things with this staff and also see indication the negative stuff is due to poor execution. It's very apparent to me what appears to be coaching ineptness is actually a symptom of another true problem. I want the PROBLEM addressed instead of the symptoms and there is no way I'm going to be sold that addressing the symptoms is going to improve anything. So you go ahead and call me crazy!

justasportsfan
12-15-2008, 01:50 PM
So you go ahead and call me crazy!:coocoo:

Nighthawk
12-15-2008, 04:56 PM
Folks, I'm tired of constantly being pissed off at the coaching and the playcalling. I see a lot of positive things with this staff and also see indication the negative stuff is due to poor execution. It's very apparent to me what appears to be coaching ineptness is actually a symptom of another true problem. I want the PROBLEM addressed instead of the symptoms and there is no way I'm going to be sold that addressing the symptoms is going to improve anything. So you go ahead and call me crazy!

I'm not calling you crazy...I'm saying you don't know what you're talking about. Two totally different things.