PDA

View Full Version : Browns' Miller ponders retirement

Gunzlingr
05-06-2003, 08:17 AM
Mary Kay Cabot
Plain Dealer Reporter

Linebacker Jamir Miller is considering retiring from football, Browns President Carmen Policy said yesterday.

"During my last conversation with [agent] Leigh Steinberg, he told me Jamir was thinking about retiring and that he might try other options," Policy said.

Policy said Miller's health was not believed to be a factor and that it was more of a financial decision.

"I think it's more a question of whether the market offers him enough financial incentive to keep playing," Policy said.

The Browns are the only team offering Miller, 29, a contract. He has a one-year deal on the table worth about $1.65 million in bonus and salary, which could double with playing incentives.

The Baltimore Ravens also were interested, but removed their offer shortly after they drafted defensive end Terrell Suggs with the 10th overall pick in the April 26 draft.

"I think I will still make one more call to Jamir's agent," Policy said. "We still think he could help us be a better football team. But we don't think it's good for Jamir or for us to have him here if he doesn't really want to be here."

Policy said if Miller does still have any thoughts of returning, he should do so now.

more (http://www.cleveland.com/browns/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/105221490743890.xml)