• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

OpIv37's Post Game Review

It happened again. The Bills managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of
    victory. All they had to do was keep the ball moving and kill the clock. They had done that successfully all afternoon... but failed to do it at the most crucial moment.

This team cannot play a complete game. Against San Francisco and Miami, the defense played well enough to keep the team in the game but the offense was useless. Against the Jets, the offense played well for most of the game but the D didn't show up. Once it came down to crunch time, the D finally tightened up while JP Losman became a human turnover machine.
    And now, rumors abound that Dick Jauron has been extended. Another Sunday ends with the Bills losing while the rest of the AFCE wins, and to top it off Bills fans now have guaranteed mediocrity for several more years.
    The Good:
    -Bryan Scott and Terrence McGee played well on D.
    -The OL did well in run blocking and pass protection (except for Peters on a couple of plays).
    -Marshawn Lynch is the only premier player this team has.
    -Josh Reed played well (more on that later)
    -Steve Johnson looks promising
    -Schouman blocks well. Fine had a great catch then carried three guys with him at the end of it. Royal had a drop. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, Robert.
    -With the exception of one big return by Washington, Special Teams put on a clinic.
    -For the first time this season, the Bills managed to save their time outs and use them effectively in the last two minutes of each half.
    more....

• mysticsoto
    Too sober for this...
    • Apr 2004

Re: OpIv37's Post Game Review

Believe it or not Op, I am not upset about this game. I was actually glad. I want to keep losing. There's no point in winning now. I rather get a better draft position...and get Jauron fired than anything else. Enough of this. If the Fins can go and add Parcells to their roster, we can go and get Cohwer or someone of that level of caliber to actually make our team into something good.

The other thing that I liked was that the major reason we lost was b'cse of JP and he won't be here next year. I think with Trent we would've won (well...the Trent of the early season). JP said he wanted to create a highlight reel...he did. The Jets fans should be enjoying this interception fest for a long time.

Yeah, the D didn't do great at 1st, though like you said, they stepped up toward the end. But our DEs are completely ineffective and we know that. Schobel returning next year will help, but we need someone else on the other side. Kelsay and Denney are backups - period! I also saw Kyle completely ineffective which was disappointing considering he showed promise. I can't blame Stroud. There were times when he was triple teamed. But nobody else stepped up to help him!

And I wouldn't be so quick to give McKelvin credit on that roll out. He looked like he was supposed to have contain on that side and let Favre go right by him...there was no LB to get Favre b'cse they figured McKelvin would have contain and not let anybody through that side!

Right now, I'm of the opinion that we need to build the team around Marshawn Lynch!!! He is our superstar. Get some road graters in the offseason, let's let go some of our dead weight, dump Jauron, and get a coach like Cowher and play some real smash mouth football with Lynch as our premier back. He already showed what he can do when given a little room. That 35 yd run at the beginning of the game was a thing of beauty!!!

Comment

• Historian
      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
      • Dec 2002

Road graters? We have potholes.

Never happen Mystic.

Never happen.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Believe it or not Op, I am not upset about this game. I was actually glad. I want to keep losing. There's no point in winning now. I rather get a better draft position...and get Jauron fired than anything else. Enough of this. If the Fins can go and add Parcells to their roster, we can go and get Cohwer or someone of that level of caliber to actually make our team into something good.
        We can, but we won't. Ralph will stay the course. He always does.

And I agree on Lynch. He is the only guy on this team right now whose job should be safe. Realistically, there is only so much that can be done in one off-season and I know we can't expect wholesale changes. But at this point, the FO should entertain any offers or opportunities that come up to replace ANYONE on this roster except Lynch.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
          I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
          • Sep 2004

..........................damn bills!
          The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

Working...
          X