With the 11th pick in the 2009 NFL Draft the Buffalo Bills Select...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

With the 11th pick in the 2009 NFL Draft the Buffalo Bills Select...

QB Sam Bradford-Oklahoma...thoughts?
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: With the 11th pick in the 2009 NFL Draft the Buffalo Bills Select...

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

1st reaction? Ugh. I am not convinced that Trent is not the answer. There are other holes I would prefer to fill.

Who else is on the board?
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

-Comes from a Shotgun based offense where he was completely surrounded by All-American caliber players.
        -Needs a year on the bench learning a pro system
        -Heisman Trophy Winner
        -Good Arm, Good Accuracy
        -Big Game Player, who has competitive fire
        -21 years old
        -539 of 783 (68.8%) for 7585 yards, 84 TD, and 14 INT Career Numbers
        COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

1st reaction? Ugh. I am not convinced that Trent is not the answer. There are other holes I would prefer to fill.

Easier to answer is whose off the board;
          Stafford
          Oher
          Smith
          M. Johnson
          Crabtree
          Curry
          Jenkins
          Moreno
          Wells
          V. Davis
          COMING SOON...

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

You know DB, I wouldn't be upset at all. ( I'm not being sarcastic,for once)

I'm very aware of all our other shortcomings like everyone else but we can't even start dreaming of winning unless we have the right coach & QB in place.

Edwards and his headaches,constant injuries and inconsistent play once November rolls around should raise red flags to any new coach watching film.

I'm looking at him, the kid from Georgia & others. Plus signing an experienced Vet.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Also keep in mind passing on a potential franchise QB because the guy we have has shown four good games, could be a mistake that haunts us for 2-3 more years at least.
              COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
                You know DB, I wouldn't be upset at all. ( I'm not being sarcastic,for once)

I'm very aware of all our other shortcomings like everyone else but we can't even start dreaming of winning unless we have the right coach & QB in place.

Edwards and his headaches,constant injuries and inconsistent play once November rolls around should raise red flags to any new coach watching film.

I'm looking at him, the kid from Georgia & others. Plus signing an experienced Vet.

All good points raised. Ive tossing around the idea of going with Bradford for a few weeks now and only recently really decided Id like it. But it all hinges on us having a new GM and Coaching staff in here. You can't take a #1 QB and then change the entire coaching staff the next season, that would be detrimental to his development.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                  I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                  • May 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                  -Comes from a Shotgun based offense where he was completely surrounded by All-American caliber players.
                  -Needs a year on the bench learning a pro system
                  -Heisman Trophy Winner
                  -Good Arm, Good Accuracy
                  -Big Game Player, who has competitive fire
                  -21 years old
                  -539 of 783 (68.8%) for 7585 yards, 84 TD, and 14 INT Career Numbers
                  I fixed that...

Troy Smith, Matt Leinart, Jason White, Eric Crouch, Chris Weinke, Danny Wuerffel, Charlie Ward, Gino Toretta, Ty Detmer, Andre Ware... I think you get the point.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                    I fixed that...

Troy Smith, Matt Leinart, Jason White, Eric Crouch, Chris Weinke, Danny Wuerffel, Charlie Ward, Gino Toretta, Ty Detmer, Andre Ware... I think you get the point.
                    Yea Im not worried about that in the least, I could care less about other players. I dont buy the heisman curse.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• User Manuel
                      The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
                      • Nov 2003

If he is there and we are convinced he is a true franchise type QB we should take him. If they have any doubts then take a pass.

Trent may be the answer, but I am tired of waiting on maybes.

I will accept in the alternative:

DT Terrance Cody
                      DE Michael Johnson
                      WR Jeremy Maclin

I seriously think the Bills should take a look at Matt Lienart if the Cards let him go. He could benefit from coming to a small NE market and could work out well if he re-focuses, but it depends on the cost.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                        I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                        • May 2005

Yea Im not worried about that in the least, I could care less about other players. I dont buy the heisman curse.
                        Of the three contenders this year, he certainly seems to be the best NFL fit... Still not sure... I'd really like an experienced vet at this point instead of trying to develop over and over again.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Lawesome97
                          If he is there and we are convinced he is a true franchise type QB we should take him. If they have any doubts then take a pass.

Trent may be the answer, but I am tired of waiting on maybes.

I will accept in the alternative:

DT Terrance Cody
                          DE Michael Johnson
                          WR Jeremy Maclin

I seriously think the Bills should take a look at Matt Lienart if the Cards let him go. He could benefit from coming to a small NE market and could work out well if he re-focuses, but it depends on the cost.

Now you see I like Maclin a lot but where does he play for us?? You would think he'd be behind Evans, Reed, Johnson, and Hardy from Day 1 and he'd probably start as a ST return man all year. But does that mean we resigned Parrish to a nice deal and now we won't use him at all?? Id love to land Maclin but its just not realistic imo.

Cody I see as a potential pick if we switch the a 3-4 D. And if I prayed I would pray every night and day that Michael Johnson falls to us.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                            Zero for Zero!
                            • Mar 2003

I don't think of it as a curse, just as an award for a great college player that has no bearing on his success or lack thereof in the NFL. It is irrelevant.
                            Originally posted by mysticsoto
                            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                              Too sober for this...
                              • Apr 2004

QB Sam Bradford-Oklahoma...thoughts?
                              Stop copying my mock draft.

Comment

Working...
                              X