PDA

View Full Version : Jauron signed an extension on Sunday, sources told ESPN

thunderbird06483
12-15-2008, 07:37 AM
"Despite going on a 1-7 slide that left the Buffalo Bills out of the playoffs, coach Dick Jauron signed an extension on Sunday, sources told ESPN.

The deal runs through the 2011 season. ESPN and the NFL Network reported on Oct. 26 that the coach had agreed to the deal. The Bills were 5-2 at that point and in contention in the AFC East.

The Bills lost 31-27 to the New York Jets on Sunday, giving up the go-ahead score in the final two minutes."

Link...

sports.espn.go.com (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3769872&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines)

RockStar36
12-15-2008, 07:39 AM
Looks like I'll be saving money next if this is true. I don't see how it's possible though.

DraftBoy
12-15-2008, 07:43 AM
So let me get this straight...the Bills are one of the hottest teams in the league after week 5, and they don't extend Dick, but then the Bills become one of the worst teams in the league and now we extend Dick??

Is anybody else confused by this move??

BlackMetalNinja
12-15-2008, 07:45 AM
So let me get this straight...the Bills are one of the hottest teams in the league after week 5, and they don't extend Dick, but then the Bills become one of the worst teams in the league and now we extend Dick??

Is anybody else confused by this move??I'm confused by this team in general and more specifically, my endless loyalty to them :(

djjimkelly
12-15-2008, 07:46 AM
if this is true that the extension was just signed

this is first time i EVER say this

but if this is true i will have to reevaluate my thoughts on the bills if we are not serious about winning i cant be serious about this team they will become impossible to cheer for.

the truth will come out it always does

Owen DeBoard
The way this organization has been making decisions this doesnt suprise me one bit. What a ****ing joke.

djjimkelly
I'm confused by this team in general and more specifically, my endless loyalty to them :(

this is the first move if this is true will make me question my loyalty

blackonyx89
12-15-2008, 07:49 AM

Is anybody else confused by this move??

I guess Ralph doesn't want to win unless he tells Jauron that he'll bring in better talent and he has to fire Perry Fewtile and Turkey Schonert!!! It looks like he wants the Bills to stink so bad that they won't be supported by torturing Bills fans and they're moving to Toronto eventually. He obviously doesn't care anymore.

Mitchy moo
12-15-2008, 07:50 AM
DJ got handed the option to extend his contract a few months ago and it required only his signature to go into effect. Another terrible move by the Bills front office and it shows their own immaturity when handling contracts.

We are now F-Ed for 3 more years, count us out.

Night Train
12-15-2008, 07:54 AM
Welcome to senility, Ralph Wilson.

Your holiday gifts (adult diapers & salt lick) are in transit, in place of my season ticket invoice.

Patti120
12-15-2008, 08:02 AM
If this is true then Dick has to make the ultimate sacrifice in order to provide more talent to the team. That being he and Alex Van Pelt coming out of retirement and suiting up in order to give the team the emotional lift that it really needs.

ddaryl
12-15-2008, 08:07 AM
obviously the goal of Ralph is to destroy Buffalo Bill loyalty and make it easier for him to sell the team to the highest bidder.

by the time Ralph is done we'll be begging for the Bills to leave.

gil
12-15-2008, 08:11 AM
obviously the goal of Ralph is to destroy Buffalo Bill loyalty and make it easier for him to sell the team to the highest bidder.

Sadly, I had the same thought.

Because for the life of me, I cannot understand this otherwise - I am simply left speechless.

Philagape
12-15-2008, 08:11 AM
welcome to Bizarro world, where the janitor is in the line of succession to be GM, JP Losman is thought to give the team a chance to win, and a coach who has one winning season out of nine is given three more years after a 1-6 streak (which then became a 1-7 streak for the reasons just listed)

Tatonka
12-15-2008, 08:29 AM
mother ****ing bull**** god damn ****ing **** ******* dickface teabagging piece of dog ****.

**** buffalo.

billsburgh
12-15-2008, 08:34 AM
DJ got handed the option to extend his contract a few months ago and it required only his signature to go into effect. Another terrible move by the Bills front office and it shows their own immaturity when handling contracts.

We are now F-Ed for 3 more years, count us out.
why was this offer still on the table after the way this team has performed the last 2 months?

Borosai
12-15-2008, 09:17 AM
Well, at least I can watch the Spurs (NBA) compete for a championship during that time.

Philagape
12-15-2008, 10:01 AM
Ralph: "Why should I keep you, Dick?"

Dick: "I'll take a pay cut."

Ralph: "Sign right here!"

Michael82
12-15-2008, 10:09 AM

It's really starting to feel that way..... :ill:

Jan Reimers
12-15-2008, 10:17 AM
mother ****ing bull**** god damn ****ing **** ******* dickface teabagging piece of dog ****.

**** buffalo.
I couldn't have put it any better, T.

RockStar36
12-15-2008, 10:18 AM
But yet, no matter how many people see this as a ridiculous move, everyone will still renew their season tickets and give Ralph no reason at all to make this team better.

raphael120
12-15-2008, 11:35 AM
Reported on WGR also this morning...where's that big red button now?

http://gridironfans.com/forums/latest-nfl-headlines/82508-bills-sign-dick-jauron-contract-extension-prior-loss.html

ddaryl
12-15-2008, 11:35 AM
doomed... seriously we're doomed

Mr. Miyagi
12-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Here's a better source.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3769872

DraftBoy
You have got to be ****ing kidding me!

Mr. Miyagi
Wow. I just can't believe it. Are we TRYING to suck?

RockStar36
12-15-2008, 11:38 AM
Guys, this was posted this morning. Why are you all now just flipping out about it?

The King
12-15-2008, 11:39 AM
I dont support the decision, but It doesn't kill me.

I might be stupid, but I think personel hurt us an awful lot too, losing Reed obviously confused Trent, then Trent getting hurt, and JP seeing the field, plus Schobel, Crowell and the Fowler mess.
I dont know... Im just looking for a reason to not jump off a bridge.

ddaryl
12-15-2008, 11:39 AM
Guys, this was posted this morning. Why are you all now just flipping out about it?

we've been flippin out about for the last couple days and are still flippin out about it.

It's slaying me

HHURRICANE
12-15-2008, 11:42 AM
The funniest thing is that the official Bills site has posted nothing. This organization is a total joke.

jimbohastle51
12-15-2008, 11:42 AM
i listened to schien and shottenhiemer this morning on sirius and they both said that he deserved another year because of the schobel, reed, greer and whitner injuries, and basically stroud is here to draw double coverage off of schobel (like the seattle game where it seemed we were unstoppable on defense) so basically they tried to say that of those guys that have been playing here and there this season they are seriously hurt and shells of themselves on the field because of injury and that schobel is the reason we arnt getting any pressure on the QB. i understand that shobel has been a pro bowler the past 2 years and i do think he is a great DE but seriously if our D-Line is SOOOOOOOO bad that we loose him and cant sack the QB that is the front offices fault and jaurons fault because no one player should make that much of a difference to where the defense cant play without them.

DraftBoy
12-15-2008, 11:43 AM
I don't trust ESPN about Bills news so when WGR reports it I lost all hope that they got it wrong.

HHURRICANE
12-15-2008, 11:50 AM
Maybe Jauron deserves another year but Modrak doesn't.

We lose Reed and our passing game goes to crap. We lose Butler and our running game goes to crap. We lose Schobel and our pass rush goes to crap. We lose McGee and our secondary goes to crap. We lose Parrish our return game goes to crap. We lose DiGorgio and our LBs go to crap.

Teams have injuries. It's part of the game. If this team loses one player it seems like the whole side of the ball drops with it.

We have no depth whatsoever here.

Jauron had some bad luck with injuries this year, no doubt. Lindell killed two games for us and I think that was the back breaker for this team.

Michael82
12-15-2008, 12:02 PM
Why the hell didn't they hide the contract when we lost 6 out of the last 7 games? They should have told him, no. We don't want you back. Thanks for not signing. :sigh:

:mad:

RockStar36
12-15-2008, 12:05 PM

I might be stupid, but I think personel hurt us an awful lot too, losing Reed obviously confused Trent, then Trent getting hurt, and JP seeing the field, plus Schobel, Crowell and the Fowler mess.
I dont know... Im just looking for a reason to not jump off a bridge.

You're kidding me, right?

raphael120
12-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Jauron has single handedly lost us how many games over the past few years?

He's proven he can't win against teams with winning records.

We're 0-5 in our division.

FIRE EVERYONE.

I'm not blind though and I'm not naive. I don't expect anything different until Ralph passes and when he does, the team will move. So, it's sad to know that this is the extent of the potential of the Buffalo Bills until they move to Toronto or where ever.

Nighthawk
12-15-2008, 12:09 PM
I don't trust ESPN about Bills news so when WGR reports it I lost all hope that they got it wrong.

WGR reported that ESPN reported it. Sorry, I HIGHLY doubt it was signed yesterday...on gameday! Umm, come on people, think a little bit. There is no way they can bring Dickey back, so it doesn't bother me that he has an extension.

TedMock
12-15-2008, 12:12 PM
(WGR 550) -- Bills second-round pick James Hardy is out for the year after tearing his ACL in Sunday's loss to the Jets, according to WGR's Dan Hager who is out at One Bills Drive. He requires surgery and his status for next year is unknown.

Trent Edwards is improving, according to Dick Jauron, and will be re-evaluated later in the week.

Jauron said he has not spoken to management about his status for next year.http://www.wgr550.com/Hardy-tears-ACL/3496587

This is insane. Who do we believe at this point? Just give me a final answer so that I can emotionally prepare for September 2009.

Nighthawk
12-15-2008, 12:19 PM
(WGR 550) -- Bills second-round pick James Hardy is out for the year after tearing his ACL in Sunday's loss to the Jets, according to WGR's Dan Hager who is out at One Bills Drive. He requires surgery and his status for next year is unknown.

Trent Edwards is improving, according to Dick Jauron, and will be re-evaluated later in the week.

Jauron said he has not spoken to management about his status for next year.http://www.wgr550.com/Hardy-tears-ACL/3496587

This is insane. Who do we believe at this point? Just give me a final answer so that I can emotionally prepare for September 2009.

This is what I've been saying! Silence is much louder then a writer putting out a story about Jauron signing an extension on gameday. The silence is coming from Ralphy and Russ...

HHURRICANE
12-15-2008, 12:21 PM

Ralph Wilson: "I would like to annouce that Russ Brandon is our new head coach. By combining marketing, management, and coaching into one job, we will be able to compete with bigger market teams."

Historian
12-15-2008, 12:31 PM
I called that one.

He isn't going anywhere.

Nighthawk
12-15-2008, 12:33 PM
I called that one.

He isn't going anywhere.

Historian, I know you're pissed, but trust me, he will not be the coach of the Bills next year! Keep the faith...don't quit on us yet!

Patti120
12-15-2008, 12:57 PM
I wonder if he signed it during the game on Sunday?

HAMMER
12-15-2008, 01:33 PM
If Jauron is back my money stays in my pocket next year;

Two trips from San Diego to Buffalo, one to Phoenix, spent approximately 2.5K, not next year.

Jeff1220
12-15-2008, 01:40 PM
I wonder if he signed it during the game on Sunday?

My guess is that he had already signed it and they were waiting for a win to announce it. They thought they had the W, so announced it prematurely, then the ill-advised pass play...

HAMMER
12-15-2008, 01:47 PM
But yet, no matter how many people see this as a ridiculous move, everyone will still renew their season tickets and give Ralph no reason at all to make this team better.

Not I! I will continue to root for the Bills but will NOT be leaving San Diego to watch them until Jauron is gone. No more merchandise, nothing.
End of discussion.

shelby
12-15-2008, 02:13 PM
i knew it!~

don137
12-15-2008, 02:20 PM
There is a reason why this team has not made the playoffs in 10 years. They make stupid boneheaded decisions. The Bills could give the Lions a run for their money for boneheaded decisions. Heck, the Lions didn't even want Jauron but the Bills took him.

What's next a 5 year 25 million extension to Losman?

I guess I will not be coming to Buffalo for a game next year and will be cancelling my NFL ticket.

BillsWin
12-15-2008, 02:24 PM
We are so screwed.

Mr. Miyagi
12-15-2008, 02:25 PM
Un-****ing-believable.

Wow.

Go Bears.

PECKERWOOD
12-15-2008, 02:26 PM
Well... It MAY NOT BE the worst thing to happen to us. I am kind of sick of playing musical chairs with coaches.. For as much **** as I've talked about Dick Jauron, he has shown flashes that he can be a good coach. Ralph ATLEAST stay true to your word and find a better talent evaluator to come in and scout for us. If we bring in better scouts/GM then I'm OK with this move.

I can't wait for baseball to start back up though, I want to see CC and Burnett suit up in pinstripes for the first time!! This maybe the first time in my life where I'm more interested in the Yankees than the Bills. Which is kinda sad in reality because the football season is still going on, LOL.

JD
12-15-2008, 02:35 PM
I hope that stadium is a ghost town next year. **** this organization.

When they show me they care about winning, maybe I'll "Billieve" again. I'll still support the team, but as for having hope? :lmao: ..I could do without the constant letdowns.

JD
12-15-2008, 02:37 PM
My guess is that he had already signed it and they were waiting for a win to announce it. They thought they had the W, so announced it prematurely, then the ill-advised pass play...
..coming up for the NE game now? :rofl:

djjimkelly
12-15-2008, 08:28 PM
WGR reported that ESPN reported it. Sorry, I HIGHLY doubt it was signed yesterday...on gameday! Umm, come on people, think a little bit. There is no way they can bring Dickey back, so it doesn't bother me that he has an extension.

i truly hope your right

Nighthawk
12-15-2008, 08:33 PM
i truly hope your right

me too...

paladin warrior
12-15-2008, 08:36 PM
Because Ralph Is STUIPD!!!!!!