Papa and Sharpe on Sirius said "fire the coach for that play".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Papa and Sharpe on Sirius said "fire the coach for that play".

Sharpe thought "Schonert" should be fired for that call. Than Papa said it was on the head coach and he should be fired.

My personal opinion is that nobody would be talking about the call if Losman doesn't lose the ball. Sharpe did say that Losman cannot protect the ball and that's why you don't call that play.

Either way the Bills look pretty stupid this AM.
  • djjimkelly
    • Apr 2003

Re: Papa and Sharpe on Sirius said "fire the coach for that play".

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
    Sharpe thought "Schonert" should be fired for that call. Than Papa said it was on the head coach and he should be fired.

My personal opinion is that nobody would be talking about the call if Losman doesn't lose the ball. Sharpe did say that Losman cannot protect the ball and that's why you don't call that play.

Either way the Bills look pretty stupid this AM.
    come draft time we will be happy about that fumble

Comment

• hydro
      • Oct 2005

An epic collapse against a team that ESPN drools over = Bills embarrassment on Sportscenter all morning

At least when we lose, most of the time it is an after thought in the national media.
      BERNIAC!

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
        I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
        • May 2005

Mike and Mike were going off on it for about 10 minutes when I got in the car this morning too...

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

No no no guys you got it all wrong, we aren't going to fire the coach for that play..Nooooo

Instead we are going to extend him!!!
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
            No no no guys you got it all wrong, we aren't going to fire the coach for that play..Nooooo

what better way to say Merry Christmas to diehard Bills fans

Here's your splintered broom stick rammed right up your ass...
            Last edited by ddaryl; 12-15-2008, 10:11 AM.

Comment

• billsburgh
              • Jul 2003

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

To me, this call was simply the last straw in a mind numbing series of nitwit calls over the last three years. The guy simply can't coach on Sunday, despite some other strengths.

He HAS to go.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

It wasn't the play that was called that was the problem, it was the execution of the play.

Comment

• paladin warrior
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

--HUH!! FIRE DICK J!!!!

Comment

• Throne Logic
                        Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                        • Aug 2002

I saw the "Bills extend Jauron until 2011" in the ticker while watching Cattyshack on ESPN 2. Thanks to the wonder of the DVR I was able to replay it a couple of times to make sure that I wasn't imagining that icepick to the forehead. Besides, I needed my wife to see it. I had stated to both her and a friend of mine while repeated replaying the JP fumble play, that "THIS IS THE PLAY! This play WILL cost coaches jobs! Mark my words!". Again, the Bills find a way to make me feel stupid and shamed for following them. "Look Honey! I am an idiot! They didn't fire him after all - they Extended him. Ah, ha ha ha. I guess I really don't no anything about football. shucks."

Talk about rubbing salt in the wound. The timing of that official announcement could not have been any worse. ugh
                        Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• Throne Logic
                          Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                          It wasn't the play that was called that was the problem, it was the execution of the play.
                          Bullpucky

As stated by everyone everywhere. When your running game is dominating, it's 2nd and 5, and you just ticked off a number of consecutive rushes for 5+ yards, YOU RUN IT.

The Jets knew the run was coming for the 4 previous plays and could not stop it.

Why change what's working? You rush.

Yeah, the 2 minute warning comes. You rush again. If you don't get the first down, you punt with your guy who has been brilliantly punting all day. That way the Jets get the ball with about 1:10 left with the ball deep in their own territory. The Jets' offence was completely dominated by our defence in the fourth quarter. Completely!

GO WITH WHAT IS WORKING!

"Hey everyone! I know that Coca Cola is extremely popular and we're making billions on it. But, let's change the formula!"

I mean, really. Are they bored with the success of the running game?

I'm sick of this overthinking. We went from Mularky who didn't think enough to Jauron who overthinks everything. . .
                          Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                            I don't understand why on 2nd and 5, with Marshawn shredding them and the clock on our side, you call for a guy having a lousy short passing day and a history of fumbling the ball away, to pass. It makes no sense.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

The call and the execution were both problems.

But a competent QB would have saved the call. The execution made it a catastrophe.
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X