PDA

View Full Version : Jauron being fired may not be the answer...

HHURRICANE
12-15-2008, 08:05 AM
This thread will obviously be unpopular and I will go on record as saying that Jauron shouldn't have been extended but I'm not sure coach is even close to our biggest problem.

Some of you have to admit that this team is not on the same level talent wise as other teams in the league. Expecting Losman to win any game is a total stretch. Other than Evans our WR corp is mediocre to bad. Yes, Josh Reed is a mediocre WR but good for this team. We have TEs that are not game changers, no DEs that could actually make a play. For all the talk of our secondary, Simpson and Whitner are both horrible.

I'm really not sure what we are expecting when this team gets on the field. The coaching has to be almost perfect with this team to win. Tough situation to be in every week because a win leaves very few questions or scrutiny. A loss is all scrutiny.

This team was never better than .500 when we started the year but we all bought in to the hype.

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2008, 08:06 AM
I understand where you are coming from but it is obvious that Jauron is not an elite coach.

mysticsoto
12-15-2008, 08:09 AM
This thread will obviously be unpopular and I will go on record as saying that Jauron shouldn't have been extended but I'm not sure coach is even close to our biggest problem.

Some of you have to admit that this team is not on the same level talent wise as other teams in the league. Expecting Losman to win any game is a total stretch. Other than Evans our WR corp is mediocre to bad. Yes, Josh Reed is a mediocre WR but good for this team. We have TEs that are not game changers, no DEs that could actually make a play. For all the talk of our secondary, Simpson and Whitner are both horrible.

I'm really not sure what we are expecting when this team gets on the field. The coaching has to be almost perfect with this team to win. Tough situation to be in every week because a win leaves very few questions or scrutiny. A loss is all scrutiny.

This team was never better than .500 when we started the year but we all bought in to the hype.

Except that making a call of a pass rolling out for a QB that doesn't know how to feel the pressure, that has already thrown several interceptions on the day, and at a point where you want to run the clock down on your opponent, is a DUMB ASS COACH CALL!!!!!!!!!

Mitchy moo
12-15-2008, 08:10 AM
I understand where you are coming from but it is obvious that Jauron is not an elite coach.

Every year RW is alive, plan on adding 2 additional years before the Bills become successful.

HHURRICANE
12-15-2008, 08:13 AM

I agree, but I think we all figured he was a guy that could get the team rebuilt on fundamentals and than maybe we would get a playoof savvy coach down the road.

I'm not sure we have given him much of a roster to work with. The o-line is finally starting to play like a dominant line but they didn't look that way early. Our pass rush is a joke. I think Edwards has the talent to be a good starter for us but it's not like he has good options to throw to right now.

The list goes on and on.

HHURRICANE
12-15-2008, 08:17 AM
Except that making a call of a pass rolling out for a QB that doesn't know how to feel the pressure, that has already thrown several interceptions on the day, and at a point where you want to run the clock down on your opponent, is a DUMB ASS COACH CALL!!!!!!!!!

Totally agree. The coaches have put players in situations to fail several times this year. When Edwards has already thrown two picks early why would you leave him with an empty backfield deep in your own territory on 3rd and 1?

I'm just saying the coaches are under a microscope because one play could cost us a game. This team hasn't dominated a game this year. Even the Chiefs game was close until the second half.

Typ0
12-15-2008, 08:19 AM

the clock would not have ran down! That's why this was the only down where a pass was appropriate...

ddaryl
12-15-2008, 08:20 AM
I don't think I can stomach the Bills anymore with a Dick at the head.

It's sad because I will probably become one of the dreaded pessimists I've denounced in the years before this offseason

OpIv37
12-15-2008, 08:22 AM
the clock would not have ran down! That's why this was the only down where a pass was appropriate...

it was also the only play where a pass would have been OBVIOUS. If we as fans sitting on our couches knew the clock would stop, so did the other team.

Jauron is one of many problems with this team. The larger problem is the FO. They simply suck at evaluating, signing and retaining talent. Modrak, Guy, Brandon- they all need to go, and they should take their crappy coaching staff with them.

HHURRICANE
12-15-2008, 08:23 AM
I don't think I can stomach the Bills anymore with a Dick at the head.

It's sad because I will probably become one of the dreaded pessimists I've denounced in the years before this offseason

Realist, not pessimist.

If you go back to the pre-season most of us had 7-9 wins. I think the Bills will get one more before the season is out.

7-9 wins because many of us knew this team wasn't that good.

mysticsoto
12-15-2008, 08:31 AM

The Bills had been running well beforehand and Lynch had been a beast all day!!! In any case, you take more time off the clock even if you don't get the 1st down. AND, then you rely on your probowl punter and a D that had begun to step it up toward the end. The D is playing better than the O this year, and if I had to make the call as a coach, I should feel more comfortable relying on the D than the O!!! Instead, Jauron make a perfect call to help us lose the game.

As I said, I'm glad. We weren't going to make the playoffs and I rather get a higher draft pick, but if this game had counted for anything, clearly we don't have a coach who knows how to make a correct call in the given situation!!!

chernobylwraiths
12-15-2008, 08:34 AM

I believe that JP had thrown only one interception to that point. A very high ball to Reed that Reed could have caught.

but it was a tremendously stupid call

mysticsoto
12-15-2008, 08:44 AM
I believe that JP had thrown only one interception to that point. A very high ball to Reed that Reed could have caught.

but it was a tremendously stupid call

You're right. JP had fumbled twice (I was thinking turnover). One was recovered by Walker.

In any case, the point stands as you said...tremendously stupid call...

mysticsoto
12-15-2008, 08:49 AM
By the way, just b'cse I think it bares emphasizing...what did the Jets do when they intercepted JP's ball 17 seconds after his fumble? They ran 4 times and didn't worry about trying to get a 1st down!!! You put the pressure on the other team to beat you - not on your own team! I guess Mangini didn't feel like losing the game...

Mitchy moo
12-15-2008, 08:49 AM
Give JP the ball every play from here on out, it will showcase his talent and give the Bills a better spot in the draft.

Philagape
12-15-2008, 09:12 AM
it was also the only play where a pass would have been OBVIOUS. If we as fans sitting on our couches knew the clock would stop, so did the other team.

Which, obviously, they did, and they covered the play. Once again, the Bills get outsmarted. Like most of the decade.

The team has more problems than coaching, but that would be a good start.