PDA

View Full Version : What would you do in these situations?

Pride
12-15-2008, 09:25 AM
Situation #1: The Buffalo Bills keep Dick Jauron on for the next year, but bring in big name, known OC and/or DC for next year.

Situation #2: The Buffalo Bills keep the same staff as this year, but go and make a huge splash in free agency, signing a top flight QB (who? I dunno) and a big name stud DE and Center.

Situation #3: The Buffalo Bills fire Dick Jauron and staff and hire an above average head coach (not Cowher, but maybe Fassell or Billick) and do not make any major upgrades via free agency?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For me, if Jauron stays, I will buy season opener tickets every year, simply for the fun of the event and hope that comes on opening day. But I will not buy 3-4 games like I do every year. I'll watch from the local Bills Backers Club the other 15 games.

If Jauron is fired, depending who is brought in, I'll buy my usual 3-4 games for next year.

Anyone else?

Jeff1220
12-15-2008, 10:19 AM
Situation #1 -
A new OC named Norv Turner (if SD lets him go) would definitely soften the blow of Dick still being around. Of course the downfall of that would be that Norv would likely be the next HC :puke:

Situation #2 -
If the staff is exactly the same, I don't think much will change from FA signing. The team really needs both new staff and new talent.

Situation #3 -
I think that either Billick or Fassell could get a little more out of this team than Jauron. Maybe just enough to squeak into the playoffs, but not enough to win in the playoffs. Again. the team needs both new coaching and new talent.

Pinkerton Security
12-15-2008, 10:22 AM
I'd be somewhat happy with each. I just want to see them do SOMETHING that resembles attempting to build a winner and not settle for mediocrity.

DraftBoy
12-15-2008, 10:24 AM
My entire answer hinges more about what happens in the FO than with the Coaching staff, I could care less about that if we still are picking up ****ty players.