• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

I don't know about you but...

When JP coughed up the ball in the last two minutes of the game I had to call my son into the room.

I sat him down and told him "This sums up my life as a Bills fan" I then backed the PVR up and showed him the replay. I explained to him that as miserable as the season was this year, we had some glimmer of hope in being spoilers in beating a division rival yet the Bills find a way to break my heart once again.

He then asked me "Why do you cheer for them if they break your heart like that?" My answer was a simple one and one that many of us here can share "Because they are my team son, because they are my team."
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• tatersalad
    • Apr 2008

Re: I don't know about you but...

amen

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

You should've brought your son in and said.

Son, its hockey season.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

i actually shed a tear on that play. right before that play i started to think about how much fun it was going to be to rub in my jets friends faces. and then that play happened and a tear popped out. i was so mad.

but they are our team. What can we do but hope that it gets better.

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
          You should've brought your son in and said.

Son, its hockey season.
          He starts to watch the hockey games earlier than I do. I don't pay attention to hockey until football season is over right after the SUper Bowl.
          When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Originally posted by northernbillfan
            When JP coughed up the ball in the last two minutes of the game I had to call my son into the room.

I sat him down and told him "This sums up my life as a Bills fan" I then backed the PVR up and showed him the replay. I explained to him that as miserable as the season was this year, we had some glimmer of hope in being spoilers in beating a division rival yet the Bills find a way to break my heart once again.

He then asked me "Why do you cheer for them if they break your heart like that?" My answer was a simple one and one that many of us here can share "Because they are my team son, because they are my team."
            Truer words were never spoken. If any of us really had a choice, I'm sure we would do something else. But when it's in your blood, there is no turning back.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• don137
              • Jul 2002

Agree with these posts. It sucks going through life being teased for being a Bills fan. What do you say after something like yesterday? I may stop suppoting them financially until Ralph makes big change but when its in your blood you can't just stop rooting for them.
              Right now the only hope left in this miserable season is if the Bills can beat the Patriots and cause them to miss the playoffs (not counting on it though).

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by don137
                Right now the only hope left in this miserable season is if the Bills can beat the Patriots and cause them to miss the playoffs (not counting on it though).
                That would be the sweet icing on an otherwise sour cake.

Comment

• superbills
                  • Mar 2003

My son was in the room with me when that happened. I said to him "Michael, you can be anything you want in life and I will support you. Unless you turn out like JP Losman. Then you will have to find a new family..."
                  "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
                  Ronald Reagan
                  40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by superbills
                    My son was in the room with me when that happened. I said to him "Michael, you can be anything you want in life and I will support you. Unless you turn out like JP Losman. Then you will have to find a new family..."

Comment

Working...
                    X