PDA

View Full Version : I don't know about you but...

northernbillfan
12-15-2008, 09:44 AM
When JP coughed up the ball in the last two minutes of the game I had to call my son into the room.

I sat him down and told him "This sums up my life as a Bills fan" I then backed the PVR up and showed him the replay. I explained to him that as miserable as the season was this year, we had some glimmer of hope in being spoilers in beating a division rival yet the Bills find a way to break my heart once again.

He then asked me "Why do you cheer for them if they break your heart like that?" My answer was a simple one and one that many of us here can share "Because they are my team son, because they are my team."

tatersalad
12-15-2008, 09:51 AM
amen

The King
12-15-2008, 09:56 AM
You should've brought your son in and said.

Son, its hockey season.

trapezeus
12-15-2008, 09:57 AM
i actually shed a tear on that play. right before that play i started to think about how much fun it was going to be to rub in my jets friends faces. and then that play happened and a tear popped out. i was so mad.

but they are our team. What can we do but hope that it gets better.

northernbillfan
12-15-2008, 10:05 AM
You should've brought your son in and said.

Son, its hockey season.He starts to watch the hockey games earlier than I do. I don't pay attention to hockey until football season is over right after the SUper Bowl.

Jan Reimers
12-15-2008, 10:10 AM
When JP coughed up the ball in the last two minutes of the game I had to call my son into the room.

I sat him down and told him "This sums up my life as a Bills fan" I then backed the PVR up and showed him the replay. I explained to him that as miserable as the season was this year, we had some glimmer of hope in being spoilers in beating a division rival yet the Bills find a way to break my heart once again.

He then asked me "Why do you cheer for them if they break your heart like that?" My answer was a simple one and one that many of us here can share "Because they are my team son, because they are my team."
Truer words were never spoken. If any of us really had a choice, I'm sure we would do something else. But when it's in your blood, there is no turning back.

don137
12-15-2008, 10:15 AM
Agree with these posts. It sucks going through life being teased for being a Bills fan. What do you say after something like yesterday? I may stop suppoting them financially until Ralph makes big change but when its in your blood you can't just stop rooting for them.
Right now the only hope left in this miserable season is if the Bills can beat the Patriots and cause them to miss the playoffs (not counting on it though).

northernbillfan
12-15-2008, 11:08 AM
Right now the only hope left in this miserable season is if the Bills can beat the Patriots and cause them to miss the playoffs (not counting on it though).That would be the sweet icing on an otherwise sour cake.

superbills
12-15-2008, 11:20 AM
My son was in the room with me when that happened. I said to him "Michael, you can be anything you want in life and I will support you. Unless you turn out like JP Losman. Then you will have to find a new family..."

northernbillfan
12-15-2008, 12:35 PM
My son was in the room with me when that happened. I said to him "Michael, you can be anything you want in life and I will support you. Unless you turn out like JP Losman. Then you will have to find a new family...":rofl: