• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RockStar36
    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
    • Sep 2004

Avery/Stars plan to part ways

Even with his six-game suspension being over, troubled Stars forward Sean Avery will not be returning to Dallas.

The Stars said on Sunday that representatives for both Avery and the team said they would continue to work together in support of Avery during "this critical time" for the player.

All parties said there is a clear understanding that a return to the Stars is not in the best interest of either the hockey club or Avery.

---------------------

I can think of at least one team that I'd like to see make a move for the guy.

D & S Sports

• Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: Avery/Stars plan to part ways

I hope you don't mean the Sabres.
    His teammates ran him out in Dallas. Not to mention his contract has 3 more years on it and is for a good chunk of change. With the cap possibly decreasing next year. that would be bad.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

seriously, that's quite a punishment for a comment that's mildly profane at worst.

Seems like they had other problems with him and just needed an excuse to dump him.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

I have read (I think it was at tsn) that he was on his way out before this and was strongly disliked by his teammates.

Comment

• RockStar36
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          I hope you don't mean the Sabres.
          His teammates ran him out in Dallas. Not to mention his contract has 3 more years on it and is for a good chunk of change. With the cap possibly decreasing next year. that would be bad.
          I hate the guy but he does bring some good things to the table. Of course, unless he's on your team he is the most annoying player in the league.

The only way I would ever want to see it though is if the Sabres used the deal to unload more than one player with an expiring contract. They could in theory cut down payroll while still adding to the team.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
            Zero for Zero!
            • Mar 2003

The problem with his contract is the length of time remaining on it. He has another 3 (or 4) years left on it. The Sabres are already had 42 million next year and he would put them at 45-46 million, leaving little room to sign the RFAs like Sekera and MacArthur, especially if the cap goes down.

Comment

• RockStar36
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              The problem with his contract is the length of time remaining on it. He has another 3 (or 4) years left on it. The Sabres are already had 42 million next year and he would put them at 45-46 million, leaving little room to sign the RFAs like Sekera and MacArthur, especially if the cap goes down.
              I never considered the cap going down. I guess that would change things. I was just thinking that if Dallas really wanted to rid themselves of the deal and the money, they could take on one or two expiring contracts and wash their hands of the deal. I can't see him playing in the AHL. Someone is going to take a chance on him.

D & S Sports

Comment

• JD
                Sabres Zone
                • Sep 2003

I'd sign him. He's a Kaleta that can score.

Kaleta-Avery-Mair

Drop Peters, trade Kotalik and Max.
                “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• RockStar36
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
                  I'd sign him. He's a Kaleta that can score.

Kaleta-Avery-Mair

Drop Peters, trade Kotalik and Max.
                  I'd rather keep Kotalik, dump Max, Connolly's corpse, and put Peters on waivers. Regardless, if two of the three move, they save money and can add someone.

D & S Sports

Comment

Working...
                  X