• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Forked Thread: Draft position

Forked from: Our "best option": 1 TD, 4 INTs, 7 sacks, 6 fumbles.

Originally posted by acehole
    No and I hope we dont....I want a better draft spot.

Why? What do you expect this FO to actually DO with that draft position? Look what they've done in the first 3 rounds since Donahoe left:

1. Leodis McKelvin- learning on D, contributing on ST, good pickup
    2. James Hardy- minimal contributions
    3. Chris Ellis- minimal contributions

1. Marshawn Lynch- great pick
    2. Paul Posluzny- very average
    3. Trent Edwards- he's contributed more than most of us thought he would at this point, but it's too soon to tell

1a. Donte Whitner- ok but never justified his #8 overall selection
    1b. John McCargo- Bust, used an extra pick to get him
    3. Ashton Youboty- took a long time to learn, injury issues

So, out of our top 9 picks in the last 3 drafts, we have exactly ONE impact player in Lynch, possibly an impact player in McKelvin, and a question mark in Edwards. The rest of these guys haven't done ****.

To be fair, they're all young and there is a good chance that Hardy, Ellis Poz and Youboty could turn out to be decent. But for a team that doesn't go after high profile FA's and generally depends on player improvement and rookies to improve, this is a piss-poor track record.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: Forked Thread: Draft position

I dont want the Bills to lose the last 2, but you've got to admit that drafting 5 spots earlier generally gives you a slightly better shot at a good player, especially at the top of the first round. I'd imagine if we lost the last 2 we'd be looking at a top 10 pick.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Like I said in another thread, the only thing I care about this offseason is re-doing our entire FO.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
        Pinkerton's son
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by DraftBoy
        Like I said in another thread, the only thing I care about this offseason is re-doing our entire FO.
        i think you're going to be severely disappointed with this Offseason then.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
          That would be called a good start.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
            I dont want the Bills to lose the last 2, but you've got to admit that drafting 5 spots earlier generally gives you a slightly better shot at a good player, especially at the top of the first round. I'd imagine if we lost the last 2 we'd be looking at a top 10 pick.
            oh it definitely gives you a better chance of getting a great player, but it's still up to the FO to evaluate the talent and pick the RIGHT player. There will easily be at least 4-5 players who would be logical picks in our draft position, and the FO needs to make the right decision. I just don't trust them to do that because of the list above.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RockStar36
              Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
              • Sep 2004

Which is worse? 2006 or 2008?

D & S Sports

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

if you have to grade it based on current results and don't cop out with "it's not enough time" 2008 is one of the worst drafts since the Erik Flowers Draft. 1 out of the first 3 picks made any plays worth noting. At least McCargo played ok last year and looked to be close to being a solid player. he made a goaline stand.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Dec 2005

Hardy is WAY to early to evaluate... 2006 looks pretty rough in hindsight (I still cringe about trading up). Still, I don't think we've been horrible at drafting the last three years, just average. Last year was definitely above average.

Comment

Working...
                  X