Chris Brown says Preston is weak link plus other tidbits.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Chris Brown says Preston is weak link plus other tidbits.

I have gone out of my way to criticize Brown but I read some of his gameday blog and he was suprisingly very honest and knowledeable on our needs.

He basically said the reason we suck against 3-4 defenses is Duke Preston. Said that Matt Birk would be a nice fit here. Is he an FA??

Said that a pass rushing DE, Center, and LB are our top priorities in that order.

Read the blog. Very interesting!!
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Chris Brown says Preston is weak link plus other tidbits.

Birk is a FA but isn't he 34 which means we may get 1 or 2 years from him at best, and he's not the OC he once was either. Granted he's a huge upgrade but who isnt??
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

Preston sucks, just slightly less than Fowler.

He was very good yesterday though. He and the guards stopped Jenkins. One good game in 4+ seasons!!!
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
        Birk is a FA but isn't he 34 which means we may get 1 or 2 years from him at best, and he's not the OC he once was either. Granted he's a huge upgrade but who isnt??
        He did say Birk plus drafting a C.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
          He did say Birk plus drafting a C.
          Gotcha...Id almost prefer to just sign Bron who is young and has become acclimated to the NFL and practices against 3-4 NTs every day on Baltimore.
          COMING SOON...
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Preston sucks, just slightly less than Fowler.

He was very good yesterday though. He and the guards stopped Jenkins. One good game in 4+ seasons!!!
            The o-line is a tricky thing to comment on. What we see and what the coaches see are completely different. We had two guys that played fairly well at RT two years ago that aren't even on the roster this year.

If he says Preston is the weak link he must be hearing it from soemone inside the organization.

Comment

• ddaryl
              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
              • Jan 2005

Folwer wasn't much if any better, and we have all agreed that C has been a weak link on the OL since Hull.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Feb 2005

i have had a feeling that he would be our big free agent acquisition this off season once i learned he was an UFA. he would be perfect for us to sign to like a 2 year 8mm deal at 4 million a year and then draft a C somewhere in the 2nd to 3rd round to learn under one of the best in the game at his position over the last 12 years, plus birk went to harvard and jauron is a yale guy so they are both ivy leaguers and he plays in a small city in a very cold place during the winter so the weather i wouldnt think would bother him at all in buffalo. he really does fit us.

Comment

• superbills
                  • Mar 2003

Quote from the blog "I like Matt Birk from Minnesota, just for a couple of years and you groom a future center via the draft." That's one hell of a plan. That addresses the concern immediately and gives a draft pick time to get ready for NFL action.
                  "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
                  Ronald Reagan
                  40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Well we spent 5 years grooming Preston (a 4th rounder) so we could kick him to the curb.

Let's hope we do better with 2nd-3rd rounder here.

Comment

• ddaryl
                      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                      • Jan 2005

Well we spent 5 years grooming Preston (a 4th rounder) so we could kick him to the curb.

Let's hope we do better with 2nd-3rd rounder here.
                      has he really been here 5 years..... Damn I thought it was 3... that's horrible, and obviously another TD miss

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Terrence pennington, Aaron Merz, Justin Geisinger, Duke Preston, & Ben Sobileski. Over the last 4 years!!

Impressive that one guy is still on the roster for O-line draft picks.

So are we really confident that the Bills can actually develop a rookie??

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Terrence pennington, Aaron Merz, Justin Geisinger, Duke Preston, & Ben Sobileski. Over the last 4 years!!

Impressive that one guy is still on the roster for O-line draft picks.

So are we really confident that the Bills can actually develop a rookie??
                          if they get rid of Tom Modrak and John Guy. maybe.....

Comment

Working...
                          X