PDA

View Full Version : Uh Oh, what's JP gonna do for a job next year now?

billsburgh
12-15-2008, 11:47 AM
Arena Football League cancels 2009 season (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBA_AFL_IN_LIMBO?SITE=PAPIT&SECTION=SPORTS&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT)
that was his only chance at playing next year

BlackMetalNinja
12-15-2008, 11:49 AM
:lmao: Somebody will sign him as a backup, but if he begins the year as a starter I'll be simply dumbfounded.

HHURRICANE
12-15-2008, 11:52 AM
I can't see him getting signed anywhere. I'd bet money that he's out of the league next year.

0-4 this year. 0-4.

OpIv37
12-15-2008, 12:23 PM
I said it before and I'll say it again: JP would be a terrible arena QB- there's no way he could keep the ball in play in a field that small.

zone
12-15-2008, 12:27 PM
Since he is so good at coughing things up maybe he should try out for a Mucinex commercial.

RockStar36
12-15-2008, 12:28 PM
He'll get a job next year. Probably won't be starting, but he'll have a job.

trapezeus
12-15-2008, 12:52 PM
He'll get a job next year. Probably won't be starting, but he'll have a job.

not so sure. he came in and played worse than our struggling starter for 2 games and then when given a chance to actually win the game, fumbled it away.

I just can'timagine a GM wanting to take on this responsibiliy. If he picks JP up and losman has the clunker of a game like he had on some one else's watch with all this history, the GM's job is on the line. "how could you take this guy? Are you an idiot?" the fans will scream.

Conversely, If he (the random GM) just picks up a no name QB, and that no name QBhas to play, two things could happen.
1.No name QB does well everyone is excited, GM is a genius for finding this guy
2 no name QB plays poorly then it's no big deal. Everyone expected that and the fans will just say, "how did we not have a decent backup? Perhaps next year."

In that 2 scenario, you either take garcia, warner or collins to avoid any problems. Or you take cassell. JP is so far down the list.

For A GM, Losman brings a ton of risk with very little reward.

Jan Reimers
12-15-2008, 12:55 PM
I think he is solidifying a future where his most important question will be, "Fries with that?"

Mitchell55
Isnt it funny how the 2 QBs that are exactly alike start with something bad and end with man. Gross man and loss man. Both were starters who lost there job so many times and have great arms but are inconsistant and try to do to much.

HHURRICANE
I said it before and I'll say it again: JP would be a terrible arena QB- there's no way he could keep the ball in play in a field that small.

I think he should try basketball where he'd be comfortable bouncing the ball off the ground.

Pinkerton Security
12-15-2008, 01:02 PM
I think he should continue to grow out his beard, grow a moustache, and try to pass himself off as Kyle Orton.

http://thebestsportsblog.com/images/2007/02/orton.jpg