PDA

View Full Version : Hardy has torn ACL

Dr. Lecter
12-15-2008, 11:57 AM
V-text.

We will not get anything from him next year either. Usually these injuries are 8 months or so. He won't be ready to go until August so he will lose out on minicamps and a chunk of TC.

Sigh.

PECKERWOOD
12-15-2008, 11:58 AM
Read the signature!

BRING CRAYTON IN!

Btw, it's a shame that he got hurt hopefully he can make a Ronnie Brown type of turn around.

Michael82
12-15-2008, 11:59 AM
:(

mysticsoto
12-15-2008, 11:59 AM
Start Steve Johnson the next couple of games and get him experience!!! Work him into the game plan and develop him!!!

gr8slayer
12-15-2008, 12:02 PM
Read the signature!

BRING CRAYTON IN!

Btw, it's a shame that he got hurt hopefully he can make a Ronnie Brown type of turn around.
Crayton? We locked him up last year. He's ours for a few years.... We have our entire offense locked up through 2010 :up:

Sorry to hear about the loss guys, I had high hopes for him.

DraftBoy
12-15-2008, 12:02 PM
You have got to be ****ing kidding me...

RockStar36
12-15-2008, 12:04 PM
Oh well.

I like what I've seen from Steve Johnson anyways.

Pinkerton Security
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamnit. I agree with mystic, lets get Steve Johnson more touches and see what he can do.

HHURRICANE
This was a Kevin Everett pick. Everyone in love with his size but can run a route to save his life.

Injured means no use to us in 2009. The team gets funnier by the minute.

Dr. Lecter
12-15-2008, 12:05 PM
You have got to be ****ing kidding me...

C'mon.You had to expect it after the look onhis face while being carted off yesterday.

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2008, 12:05 PM
Read the signature!

BRING CRAYTON IN!

Crayton has 0 hands. No thanks

Jan Reimers
12-15-2008, 12:06 PM
Fitting end to a horrble season.

gr8slayer
12-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Crayton has 0 hands. No thanks
Stupid statement.

DraftBoy
12-15-2008, 12:07 PM
C'mon.You had to expect it after the look onhis face while being carted off yesterday.

Actually I completely missed it, I think I was in the ****ter at that point. I had no idea he even got hurt. Its not like we ever see him when he's healthy anyways.

Michael82
12-15-2008, 12:08 PM
Fitting end to a horrble season.
The only thing worse would be for Trent Edwards to come back this week or next week and take a big hit, giving him another concussion, tearing his shoulder or ACL.... :ill: :(

Mitchy moo
This was a Kevin Everett pick. Everyone in love with his size but can run a route to save his life.

Injured means no use to us in 2009. The team gets funnier by the minute.

I was watching him run routes live at the Miami game, he is officially "Frankenstein" when it comes to running. There is nothing smooth or graceful in all of his movements and I have no idea why we would focus on a TE type runner for a WR position.

Dr. Lecter
Actually I completely missed it, I think I was in the ****ter at that point. I had no idea he even got hurt. Its not like we ever see him when he's healthy anyways.

It happened during Lynch's long run in the 1st quarter. I think he got rolled up on while blocking downfield, or at least had a defenders pushed onto/over him.

DraftBoy
12-15-2008, 12:10 PM
It happened during Lynch's long run in the 1st quarter. I think he got rolled up on while blocking downfield, or at least had a defenders pushed onto/over him.

Yea I missed that, didnt even know he got hurt...damnit!

HHURRICANE
12-15-2008, 12:13 PM
I was watching him run routes live at the Miami game, he is officially "Frankenstein" when it comes to running. There is nothing smooth or graceful in all of his movements and I have no idea why we would focus on a TE type runner for a WR position.

He's plain horrible and of course every draft guru said he couldn't run routes but Modrak outsmarted all of them didn't he?

Maybe Donohoe wasn't the problem.

DraftBoy
12-15-2008, 12:18 PM
He's plain horrible and of course every draft guru said he couldn't run routes but Modrak outsmarted all of them didn't he?

Maybe Donohoe wasn't the problem.

Are you serious??

hydro
12-15-2008, 12:20 PM
Are you serious??

Unfortunately I think he is...

HHURRICANE
12-15-2008, 12:26 PM
Are you serious??

You don't think there is a link between our horrible drafts and Tom Modrak??

DraftBoy
12-15-2008, 12:32 PM
You don't think there is a link between our horrible drafts and Tom Modrak??
No I think your categorization of Hardy's route running ability is downright wrong and void of all logic.

bigbub2352
12-15-2008, 12:34 PM
HH i agree with the link of terrible drafting and tom modrak for sure 100%

But Hardy is a rookie and i also think Turk had alot to do with his poor development, they did not utilize him properly and didnt play him enough

I saw him in the maimi game as well and even though he looked not so smooth runnin routes he did get open and was missed on more tha n a few occasions
the offensive scheme is the real issue
and it sucks that these losers are ruining potential
Who have we developed into a GRADE A starter?

HHURRICANE
12-15-2008, 12:40 PM
No I think your categorization of Hardy's route running ability is downright wrong and void of all logic.

Well I watched him closely and Johnson looks 10X better. Hence, why Johnson has seen as much playing time as our #2 draft pick.

DraftBoy
12-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Well I watched him closely and Johnson looks 10X better. Hence, why Johnson has seen as much playing time as our #2 draft pick.

Watched who closely exactly? and How?

Hardy is not a bad route runner, you do know what the guides and what I write means when we say he needs to work on his routes right??

Its not that he doesnt know them its that they aren't crisp, his quick slant is not at the 45 degree angle is supposed to be, his ins and outs are not at 90 degrees. His corner route is not run at 105 degrees. Its all about angles and crispness. Its not about not knowing the routes, he knows the routes, its about perfecting them.

Jeff1220
12-15-2008, 12:57 PM
Isn't it obvious that they are faking the injury to save face in Johnson being more productive? :rolleyes:

mchurchfie
12-15-2008, 12:59 PM
Sorry to hear he got hurt but we would have lost more production if the ballboy had slipped and broke his leg.

gr8slayer
12-15-2008, 02:32 PM

Hardy is not a bad route runner, you do know what the guides and what I write means when we say he needs to work on his routes right??

Its not that he doesnt know them its that they aren't crisp, his quick slant is not at the 45 degree angle is supposed to be, his ins and outs are not at 90 degrees. His corner route is not run at 105 degrees. Its all about angles and crispness. Its not about not knowing the routes, he knows the routes, its about perfecting them.
Yup, there's a huge gap between not knowing how to run a route, and just running it poorly, and without actually knowing the offense, or having the coaches tape handy it's nearly impossible tell which it is. By the way, if he "didn't know how to run the route" he wouldn't be in the National Football League.

He, like most rookie WR's, is just suffering from information overload and it takes time to gather it all and make it work in your favor. Some guys can do it from day one (see Torry Holt, Clayton, Randy Moss, etc...), and some guys it takes a while for them to grasp it (see T.O, Santana Moss, LEE EVANS).

HHURRICANE
12-15-2008, 03:49 PM

Sorry, I didn't phrase it correctly but while we are on the subject I remember twice where Edwards had to call a timeout becuse Hardy didn't know where he was supposed to be so I guess I'm right on both counts.

Crisis
12-15-2008, 05:22 PM
Yup, there's a huge gap between not knowing how to run a route, and just running it poorly, and without actually knowing the offense, or having the coaches tape handy it's nearly impossible tell which it is. By the way, if he "didn't know how to run the route" he wouldn't be in the National Football League.

He, like most rookie WR's, is just suffering from information overload and it takes time to gather it all and make it work in your favor. Some guys can do it from day one (see Torry Holt, Clayton, Randy Moss, etc...), and some guys it takes a while for them to grasp it (see T.O, Santana Moss, LEE EVANS). i get the point, but lee evans had a very very solid rookie year, over 800 yards and 9 TDs...

PECKERWOOD
12-15-2008, 05:53 PM
Crayton? We locked him up last year. He's ours for a few years.... We have our entire offense locked up through 2010 :up:

Sorry to hear about the loss guys, I had high hopes for him.

Damn, thought he was a FA. I've heard that Crayton was in Jones' doghouse though, I'm hoping that he gets released or traded away! =p

gr8slayer
12-15-2008, 05:54 PM
Damn, thought he was a FA. I've heard that Crayton was in Jones' doghouse though, I'm hoping that he gets released or traded away! =p
I've heard no such rumors :idunno:

zone
12-15-2008, 06:16 PM
The thing that sucks is that this off season would have been very important development for Hardy, especially with working more with Trent.

DraftBoy
12-15-2008, 06:30 PM
Sorry, I didn't phrase it correctly but while we are on the subject I remember twice where Edwards had to call a timeout becuse Hardy didn't know where he was supposed to be so I guess I'm right on both counts.

Not really, there have been numerous reports from both fans and pundits about Edwards missing open WR's down the field including Hardy. Hardy has been open at times, Edwards has not been able to find him for whatever reason. Im not saying Hardy is polished or even close to done developing but to say that he won't play for us again is way too premature.

Oaf
12-15-2008, 06:40 PM
What the heck is so hard about running a quick slant or a 6 yard buttonhook? Teams do that against us all the time, why can't Hardy? Oh, because we have to teach him advanced option routes and fill his head with garbage that's worked so well for us this year. Hardy is the type of WR that is meant to catch balls the D knows is coming.

Tell him to run 5 yards, stop and turn around, and then throw it to him. Why is that so hard? That said, he was a lot less physical that I thought he'd be.