PDA

View Full Version : Edwards and Turk are fueding

patmoran2006
12-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Anyone catch the Channel 7 "Sports Final" last night? Vic Carucci was on for his weekly segment, and talked at length about sources that said that Trent Edwards and Turk have been having a very big "internal struggle" and quite simply fail to see eye to eye on anything.

I'll have to try and dig for a link somewhere, but it was on the sports show last night if anyone else had a strong enough stomach to sit through Bills highlights last night.

HHURRICANE
12-15-2008, 12:46 PM
Anyone catch the Channel 7 "Sports Final" last night? Vic Carucci was on for his weekly segment, and talked at length about sources that said that Trent Edwards and Turk have been having a very big "internal struggle" and quite simply fail to see eye to eye on anything.

I'll have to try and dig for a link somewhere, but it was on the sports show last night if anyone else had a strong enough stomach to sit through Bills highlights last night.

You know what...I friggin knew it.

I think Edwards benched himself. I'm not joking.

HHURRICANE
12-15-2008, 12:47 PM
Edwards called out the fact that plays weren't coming in on time and I really believe that Edwards thinks Schonert is an idiot.

Dr. Lecter
12-15-2008, 12:47 PM

He did not bench himself. If he did, they should cut him yesterday.

I also heard this an the postgame and during the pre-game on 97 Rock.

HHURRICANE
12-15-2008, 12:49 PM

What did you hear??

patmoran2006
12-15-2008, 12:50 PM

What do you make of this, and more importantly, if your Wilson what do you do? not just about this situation, about everything in general. I would like to hear your opinion.

How would you handle this offseason after the NE game if you get to play Ralph Wilson?

InDaZone
Yeah i saw this. Carucci didn't make it sound like they were feuding though. Sounded more like they just weren't seeing the same things during games... or Trent wasn't seeing what Schonert thought he should be seeing.

I did find it odd after the K.C. game how much Trent was talking about the offense fitting him better or being more vanilla.

Jan Reimers
No, I decided it was more enjoyable to eat ground glass, pound spikes into my skull, and drive burning splints under my fingernails.

hydro
12-15-2008, 12:51 PM

You should seek psychiatric help. Seriously...

HHURRICANE
12-15-2008, 12:51 PM
What do you make of this, and more importantly, if your Wilson what do you do? not just about this situation, about everything in general. I would like to hear your opinion.

How would you handle this offseason after the NE game if you get to play Ralph Wilson?

This isn't my question but I think Schonert is going to be the scapegoat for the team.

HHURRICANE
12-15-2008, 12:53 PM
You should seek psychiatric help. Seriously...

2 weeks for a groin. Okay. They were joking about it on Sirrius.

Patti120
12-15-2008, 12:54 PM

Maybe he has developed testicular torsion or better yet maybe a case of elephantitis?

mchurchfie
12-15-2008, 12:55 PM
I'm not a big Schonert fan anymore but maybe, just maybe he was screaming at Edwards to try and go long once in awhile. Sorry, but Edwards hasn't done enough to be taking a stance like that so early in his career either. I'd get rid of both of them. Edwards has very little room to talk the way he has played lately.

Dr. Lecter
12-15-2008, 12:56 PM

1. Move Jauron to the FO. As previously stated, I think he might do better in that situation.

2. Fire Turk. Nice try, it did not work out.

3. Keep Fewell. The defense that was 30th last year is going to finish top 15 despite an offense that never gave them any help.

4. Find a respected person as coach. Right now I say Billick or Fassel or Marty. Although many of the recent successes (Sparano, Smith) were not "big names"coming in.

5. Try to find a veteran OC who has worked with young QBs. With the number of guys being fired this year, there will be people out there.

6. Extend Peters.

7. Find, in the draft or FA, a center, OLB, DE, and safety. TE and WR (depending on Hardy's status) are next on the list. I only move TE down because Schouman and Fine have shown some compentancy this year.

8. Perhaps can Guy. Maybe that is what Jauron can do.

Dr. Lecter
12-15-2008, 12:57 PM
What did you hear??

That Turk and Trent are not seeing eye to eye. Just as Pat said.

HHURRICANE
12-15-2008, 12:58 PM
I'm not a big Schonert fan anymore but maybe, just maybe he was screaming at Edwards to try and go long once in awhile. Sorry, but Edwards hasn't done enough to be taking a stance like that so early in his career either. I'd get rid of both of them. Edwards has very little room to talk the way he has played lately.

I'm giving Edwards some benefit of the doubt based on the concussion. Schonert wasn't that impressive as the QBs coach so I'll take my chances on someone else.

HHURRICANE
12-15-2008, 01:01 PM
1. Move Jauron to the FO. As previously stated, I think he might do better in that situation.

2. Fire Turk. Nice try, it did not work out.

3. Keep Fewell. The defense that was 30th last year is going to finish top 15 despite an offense that never gave them any help.

4. Find a respected person as coach. Right now I say Billick or Fassel or Marty. Although many of the recent successes (Sparano, Smith) were not "big names"coming in.

5. Try to find a veteran OC who has worked with young QBs. With the number of guys being fired this year, there will be people out there.

6. Extend Peters.

7. Find, in the draft or FA, a center, OLB, DE, and safety. TE and WR (depending on Hardy's status) are next on the list. I only move TE down because Schouman and Fine have shown some compentancy this year.

8. Perhaps can Guy. Maybe that is what Jauron can do.

Good post and I appreciate you recognizing that losing Peters would be a horrible kick in the pants. This guy was the only one that *****ed about not playing the Toronto game in Buffalo. He's had an off year but he's still one of the better players out there.

Schonert is getting the boot. No doubt. Especially if they are keeping Jaruon. Shottenheimer is the only guy that would work well here.

Dr. Lecter
12-15-2008, 01:02 PM
Peters has been very good the 2nd half of the season, near his pro bowl level at times.

Of all the bad one can say Brandon has done, standing up to Peters moronic agent was a one good thing. Get it doen this offseason.

ParanoidAndroid
12-15-2008, 01:41 PM
Awesome thread. We've gone from Trent and Schonert not seeing the same things on the field to a feud, and then to Edwards benching himself.

Mudflap1
12-15-2008, 01:43 PM

I would do what Ralph usually does... take a nap and watch re-reruns of "Matlock".

Jon

JD
12-15-2008, 02:02 PM
Edwards will be our ticket to the Super Bowl with new coaches and a secondary that actually SCARES people, laugh all you want but you heard it here first. This guy has IT and if it wasn't for the concussion we'd be fighting for the division right now.

yordad
12-15-2008, 02:29 PM

I think Edwards benched himself. I'm not joking.Yep. That's exactly what I was thinking.

gr8slayer
12-15-2008, 02:38 PM
Neither of them are anything to get excited about and are both easily replaced. But if I had to choose one I'd say can Turk. Edwards has been one of the most pathetic QB's in the entire league since the start of the game in Arizona and continues to prove that he lacks what it takes to get the ball in the end-zone. But he has shown "some" signs and I think he'll get better next year, don't know why, but I still have some semblance of faith in the guy.

Schonert on the other hand has proven time and time and time again that he lacks the brain to run an effective offense. There is absolutely no reason why you should wait until the Browns game to get your BEST GOD DAMNED PLAYER involved on offense on a regular basis. He has just forgotten that he has one of the most amazing deep route runners I've seen in my life, and he continues to let the OL block in a scheme which they have no business blocking in considering their size and greater lack of athletic ability. So as much as I despise of both I'd say:

Edwards > Turk

gr8slayer
12-15-2008, 02:39 PM
Edwards will be our ticket to the Super Bowl with new coaches and a secondary that actually SCARES people, laugh all you want but you heard it here first. This guy has IT and if it wasn't for the concussion we'd be fighting for the division right now.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Griz78
12-15-2008, 02:40 PM
Any thoughts on Scott Linehan as Offensive Coordinator?

I too believe Schonert will be the scapegoat if Jauron stays.

I am not disappointed with teh defense, I'd like to see how they do with Schobel back, another LB and maybe a vet at safety. DE in 1st round would be solid also.

PECKERWOOD
12-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Maybe he has developed testicular torsion or better yet maybe a case of elephantitis?

I'm sure most men here wouldn't mind a case of elephantitis down there! :up:

gr8slayer
12-15-2008, 02:42 PM
I'm sure most men here wouldn't mind a case of elephantitis down there! :up:
You should remove Crayton from your sig, he's locked up along with the rest of the offense (minus Anderson FB) through 2010. :up:

12/27/2007: Signed a four-year, $14 million contract extension through 2011.

ddaryl
12-15-2008, 02:48 PM

Hell no... out D is constantly soft, and always plays like crap against .500 + teams.

tampa 2 bend don't break scheme needs to go and Perry doesn't know anything else

Forward_Lateral
12-15-2008, 02:50 PM
Fewell and his garbage Tampa 2 can hit the bricks.

madness
12-15-2008, 02:57 PM
Tampa 2 is not garbage or soft. It's reputation is actually the opposite. Our pass rush is garbage/soft, our DE's are garbage/soft, Keith Ellison and Ko Simpson are garbage/soft. Schemes do not make up for lack of talent.

Typ0
12-15-2008, 03:10 PM
I can see Jauron firing Shonert and the rest of the coaching staff remaining. That is the best case scenario IMO as long as there is an offensive genius waiting in the wings...

gr8slayer
12-15-2008, 03:23 PM
Tampa 2 is not garbage or soft. It's reputation is actually the opposite. Our pass rush is garbage/soft, our DE's are garbage/soft, Keith Ellison and Ko Simpson are garbage/soft. Schemes do not make up for lack of talent.
It's a scheme that you can't just plug any player in to. You have to have the right players that fit the system perfectly, this is something that the Bills failed to realize when they made the switch. But man, when you have the right players it is DANGEROUS.

HHURRICANE
12-15-2008, 03:28 PM
Schonert is a goner. Jauron is staying. Maybe we bring in an OC that has HC potential if Jauron hits the crapper next year.

HHURRICANE
12-15-2008, 03:29 PM
There are alot of offensive coordinators that could live with Edwards as their starting QB.

But who knows.

Forward_Lateral
12-15-2008, 03:35 PM

Then what the Bills must not be the Tampa 2. Corners contstantly 10 yards off of WRs, allowing quick slants almost any time the other team wants it. Zero pressure on the QB, next to zero blitzing.

I've watched a lot of Tampa games, and trust me, their version of the Cover 2 is not even close to whatever the hell Fewell is running here in Buffalo.

Forward_Lateral
12-15-2008, 03:36 PM
It's a scheme that you can't just plug any player in to. You have to have the right players that fit the system perfectly, this is something that the Bills failed to realize when they made the switch. But man, when you have the right players it is DANGEROUS.

Agreed, but Fewell calling it the Tampa 2 is an insult to Monte Kiffen.

It should be renamed the Buffalo 2.

sba
12-15-2008, 03:39 PM

I'd die so someone could fix the entire franchise.

gr8slayer
12-15-2008, 03:43 PM

:lmao: good one.

patmoran2006
12-15-2008, 04:38 PM
I am still an Edwards fan I think he can really be good.

Just starting to wonder if it will be in Buffalo.

lmcshadow
12-15-2008, 05:32 PM

Give that man a ...................HELL YEAH!

Nighthawk
12-15-2008, 05:36 PM
It's about time a player finally stated what everybody here (except Typo) knew and that is the coaching on this team is BRUTAL!

Ebenezer
12-15-2008, 05:52 PM
No, I decided it was more enjoyable to eat ground glass, pound spikes into my skull, and drive burning splints under my fingernails.

you forgot the molten lead enema...

Ebenezer
12-15-2008, 05:53 PM

Thurman was saying on the radio that he has talked with Trent...it is for real and is wondering if it wasn't a tear.

Ebenezer
12-15-2008, 05:53 PM
Schonert is a goner. Jauron is staying. Maybe we bring in an OC that has HC potential if Jauron hits the crapper next year.

If they can Turk you can bet the next OC is AVP.

Ed
12-15-2008, 05:54 PM
If I have to choose between Turk and Edwards, I'm taking Edwards without even hesitating.

Ebenezer
12-15-2008, 05:55 PM
If I have to choose between Turk and Edwards, I'm taking Edwards without even hesitating.
It wasn't a complete fluke that Edwards looked as good as he did until that concussion. Edwards is the pick.