PDA

View Full Version : Listening to the radio earlier... (Jauron related)

gr8slayer
12-15-2008, 03:51 PM
I'm not sure if this has been posted around here yet. But apparently on that play where Losman fumbled and the ball was returned for a TD Turk had called a run play, only to be turned down by Jauron who said he wanted a passing play on that down.

I'm sure someone in the Buffalo media has mentioned this?

madness
12-15-2008, 05:16 PM
It was in ESPN's post game review. Jauron over-ruled Turk's run play in favor of a PA pass. Dick went for the kill but forgot who was holding the gun.

JD
12-15-2008, 05:29 PM
And everyone blamed Turk :rofl:

Nighthawk
12-15-2008, 05:41 PM

Not me!:nono:

don137
12-15-2008, 06:06 PM
Great, and he is the coach that signs an extension...How dumb can a coach be then to put the trust in a QB that has already fumbled the ball 5 times in limited action this year when the running game was working...

Crazygoo
12-15-2008, 06:26 PM
i don't understand why we would pass when we were getting 4- 6 yards a carry. run out the clock. if we have to punt it still makes it further for them to go then a turnover down hear the goal line. Just like other games, it is bad play calling!!!

Michael82
12-16-2008, 12:54 AM
:rofl: That makes me feel even better!

THATHURMANATOR
12-16-2008, 07:55 AM
I did.... :ill: Sorry Turk.

Jauron you IDIOT!!!

With Edwards in there I could live with the call as he is careful with the ball but JP is a fumble machine.

Typ0
12-16-2008, 07:58 AM
i don't understand why we would pass when we were getting 4- 6 yards a carry. run out the clock. if we have to punt it still makes it further for them to go then a turnover down hear the goal line. Just like other games, it is bad play calling!!!

the two minute warning was there so running out the clock was not going to happen on this play. Lee Evans was on WGR last night and he stated the play call was not a roll out, it was a pass to the fullback in the flats. He said it was a very low risk pass play and the perfect play to run in that situation. He basically said JP is a loser.

acehole
12-16-2008, 08:07 AM
It was in ESPN's post game review. Jauron over-ruled Turk's run play in favor of a PA pass. Dick went for the kill but forgot who was holding the gun.

How was getting sacked and not having enough time to get the ball out losmens fault again?

acehole
12-16-2008, 08:09 AM
the two minute warning was there so running out the clock was not going to happen on this play. Lee Evans was on WGR last night and he stated the play call was not a roll out, it was a pass to the fullback in the flats. He said it was a very low risk pass play and the perfect play to run in that situation. He basically said JP is a loser.

Did he mention how thrilled he was to be tied at the hip with a pussy armed china doll qb for the next 4-5 years? Sure he is happy about that.

justasportsfan
12-16-2008, 09:02 AM
:rofl: Yeah, it was JP's fault that he ran a pass play instead of a run. You'll do anything to blame Dicks problems on players and then say Dick has created a winning culture.

chernobylwraiths
12-16-2008, 09:04 AM
How was getting sacked and not having enough time to get the ball out losmens fault again?
:rofl:

chernobylwraiths
12-16-2008, 09:06 AM
:rofl: Yeah, it was JP's fault that he ran a pass play instead of a run. You'll do anything to blame Dicks problems on players and then say Dick has created a winning culture.
It was just JP's fault that he can't hold on to the freaking ball.

justasportsfan
12-16-2008, 09:10 AM
It was just JP's fault that he can't hold on to the freaking ball.

Did you see me disagree? As stupid as Turk is, Dick is even dumber when it comes to the O. He should've let Lynch run the ball. The players said so. If he let those slightly smarter than himself run the O, it wouldn't have come down to that.

THe annointed QB is pointing fingers at Dicks annointed OC . Players are calling out coaches and yet TYpo thinks it's a winning culture. :shakeno:

We should've hired Cam Cameron instead of Turk.

Mr. Miyagi
12-16-2008, 09:12 AM
Typical Mularkey type out-thinking yourself.

Pinkerton Security
12-16-2008, 09:20 AM

thats funny right there.

Jeff1220
12-16-2008, 09:28 AM
I don't care if the two-minute warning was coming up - in that situation, YOU PROTECT THE FOOTBALL! Any time they decide to put the ball into the air (or into the hands of a QB known for not protecting the ball and making poor decisions) the risk of a turn over dramatically increases. Two minute warning or not, run the freakin' ball there.

madness
12-16-2008, 10:19 AM

He's right. Coaches around the league call pass plays in that situation all the time. The difference is... their players execute it or at worse, it's just an incomplete pass. JP screwed the pooch no matter how many times Justa and Ace try to defend him or try to somehow turn the conversation to Trent.

There's a huge difference between a bad play call and a poorly executed one. Sugarcoat it all you want, that play was just poorly executed. Protect the football doesn't mean run the ball. TO's aren't biased towards run or pass.

RockStar36
12-16-2008, 10:25 AM
JP screwed up bad, Peters screwed up bad, but all those things aside... if they weren't put in the spot in the first place, it would've never happened. This falls on the coaches shoulders, specifically Jauron. Jauron should know the talent that is on the field and know that running the ball would've sealed the game. I mean, weren't Lynch and Jackson having a pretty good day? Wasn't it only 2nd and 5? Nobody should be defending that play call.

Buffalogic
12-16-2008, 10:32 AM
Regardless of who made that idiotic call, Turk still sucks.

chernobylwraiths
12-16-2008, 11:09 AM
Did you see me disagree? As stupid as Turk is, Dick is even dumber when it comes to the O. He should've let Lynch run the ball. The players said so. If he let those slightly smarter than himself run the O, it wouldn't have come down to that.

THe annointed QB is pointing fingers at Dicks annointed OC . Players are calling out coaches and yet TYpo thinks it's a winning culture. :shakeno:

We should've hired Cam Cameron instead of Turk.

OK. That play was a monumental failure on all levels.