PDA

View Full Version : When we were 5-1...

Mr. Miyagi
12-15-2008, 04:23 PM
Didn't everyone think we'd finally, FINALLY have a winning season, perhaps playoffs after this 100 year drought, and maybe even all the way?

Did ANYONE think we'd go 1-7 in the next 8 games? Was it even possible in anyone's eyes?

Wow. Only the Bills can screw it up like this.

:ill:

patmoran2006
12-15-2008, 04:24 PM
I agree 100%.

This has been one of the worst and most emotional years to ever be a bills fan.

Sitting at 5-1.. Just extended Evans. Beat a tough (thought they were) SD team. Then BAM. EVERYTHING goes downhill.

We cant coach and we cant execute anymore.

billogic99
12-15-2008, 04:34 PM
I had a real hard time thinking Buffalo was for real based on the schedule they played, but I didn 't think 1-7 was possible.

Mr. Miyagi
12-15-2008, 04:35 PM
I mean really, you have to TRY HARD to be that bad.

How many times did we snatch defeat out of the jaw of victory?

Wide right on Monday Night.
JP's fumble yesterday.
SF game last series (down 7): Incomplete, Sack, Incomplete, 1 yard gain.
Getting swept by the entire division.
Scored 3 points in 2 consecutive games.

It's not easy folks.

Devin
12-15-2008, 04:38 PM
This to me is the epitome of being a Bills fan.

Its not THAT they lose, its HOW they lose. Its unreal. At 5-1 I never thought wed go all the way or anything, but I figured wed do enough to make the playoffs.

This skid just really takes your breath away, most importantly I think it just validates everything the media and everyone else has said about us for years. We've become the Bengals.

gr8slayer
12-15-2008, 04:38 PM
Didn't everyone think we'd finally, FINALLY have a winning season, perhaps playoffs after this 100 year drought, and maybe even all the way?

Did ANYONE think we'd go 1-7 in the next 8 games? Was it even possible in anyone's eyes?

I didn't think for a minute that the Bills would be a playoff caliber team, but after the start I would have never dreamed that they would have gone 1-7 after such a good start. That is pretty crazy when you really think about it.

patmoran2006
12-15-2008, 04:43 PM
This to me is the epitome of being a Bills fan.

Its not THAT they lose, its HOW they lose. Its unreal. At 5-1 I never thought wed go all the way or anything, but I figured wed do enough to make the playoffs.

This skid just really takes your breath away, most importantly I think it just validates everything the media and everyone else has said about us for years. We've become the Bengals.
I didnt know where we'd end up but I NEVER thought that even with three games remaining the games would basically mean **** to our playoff chances, thats the toughest pill to swallow.

Nighthawk
12-15-2008, 04:48 PM
I was always skeptical that Dickey would really finish it and get us to the playoffs. I just don't have any confidence in this guy and never have....I've never wavered from my opinion of him. I always could see things that this guy does wrong on Sundays that ultimately end up costing us games. He's absolutely one of the worst coaches in the NFL.

Mr. Miyagi
12-15-2008, 04:49 PM
You got it right Devin. I think we became the laughing stock of the world since the 4 consecutive SB losses. Since that point we have reinforced the reputation that we somehow some way always find a way to lose no matter how much we looked like we'd win, Music City Miracle, Dallas MNF game last season for example. This season is just another display of our utter incompetence as an organization. No wonder Tony Gonzalez rather stays with a terrible KC team than to be with this joke of a team.

Really, can anyone remember when was the last time we won a big game on national TV, since the Comeback game in 93?

cocamide
12-15-2008, 04:49 PM
At least I'll never get my hopes up about the Bills ever again. What am I saying? I'll be optimistic about next year until all of my dreams come crashing down once again. I bet there are no Bills fans that are Emo kids. They'd have killed themselves by now.

gr8slayer
12-15-2008, 04:51 PM
You got it right Devin. I think we became the laughing stock of the world since the 4 consecutive SB losses. Since that point we have reinforced the reputation that we somehow some way always find a way to lose no matter how much we looked like we'd win, Music City Miracle, Dallas MNF game last season for example. This season is just another display of our utter incompetence as an organization. No wonder Tony Gonzalez rather stays with a terrible KC team than to be with this joke of a team.

Really, can anyone remember when was the last time we won a big game on national TV, since the Comeback game in 93?
Almost made Dallas look stupid last year on MNF :idunno:

Mr. Miyagi
12-15-2008, 04:53 PM
Almost made Dallas look stupid last year on MNF :idunno: That's just it. Almost. We ALMOST win all the time, and we never do.

That's why we're the laughing stock of the NFL world.

gr8slayer
12-15-2008, 04:58 PM
That's just it. Almost. We ALMOST win all the time, and we never do.

That's why we're the laughing stock of the NFL world.
That's not why....

Crazygoo
12-15-2008, 05:25 PM
i never thought that this would happen. How could it happen, is anyone that bad???

Mr. Miyagi
12-16-2008, 12:59 PM
We're the Detroit Lions. :ill:

billsfanone
12-16-2008, 01:00 PM
No. Believe it or not I was quietly pessismistic because of the caliber of teams we beat at that point.

ddaryl
12-16-2008, 01:00 PM
I was happy, and yes I was feeling prety damn good about everything... but I can admit that I still thought the announcement of a Dick extension at that time was premature... Though I never even imagined an implosion at the level we seen

ddaryl
12-16-2008, 01:02 PM
Almost made Dallas look stupid last year on MNF :idunno:

yep almost did din't we. Almost beat the Jets last week, Almost almost almost

good teams don't play horseshoes and hand grenades (or lawn jarts) with the game... they either take care of business or they do not...

Mr. Miyagi
12-16-2008, 01:11 PM
We almost won the SuperBowl 4 times.

Bellichick almost got away with videotaping.

I alsmot became a multi-millionaire.

mybills is almost funny.

Rosie is alsmot not fat.

Ok I take that one back. It isn't not even close.

Anyway, almost isn't good enough.

OpIv37
12-16-2008, 03:24 PM
I was skeptical about making the playoffs because of the weak competition, but I thought "Well there's almost no way they can squander this record- at the very least, Week 17 against the Pats should be an important one." I completely missed the boat on that one.

I never thought we'd end up with two (really, 3) weeks of garbage time at the end of the season and I never thought we'd lose 5 games in the division. And I'm supposedly Billszone's resident pessimist.

djjimkelly
12-16-2008, 03:58 PM

sorry miyagi i was beside myself at how the hell we were 5-1 and looking back at who we beat our 5-1 start was against a few of the few teams that are actually in more disarray then us