• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Im ok with Jauron coming back....

Here's why....

Anytime you are a coach in this league and you dont have what you believe you need to win personnel wise you tend to reach a little bit in other areas such as play calling, style of play and so on... Im pretty sure we can all agree that this roster is lacking. I dont think we are lacking a ton of players but I do think we lack a couple of IMPACT players. Guys who change games, and that starts with our DL.

Lets face it, a cover 2 defense with starters at DE such as Kelsay and Denney is like a 3-4 defense with Dwayne Robertson playing the Nose. It might get you by but its not going to make your defense a shut down unit. However once you get the player that makes your defense what it is such as the acquisition of Jenkins then there is a dramatic difference. The essence of a 3-4 defense relies on the ability of the nose tackle the essence of a cover 2 relies on the defensive ends, thats why the Colts have had a playmaking defense for years even though they have had a revolving door at DT. So although the acquisition of Stroud was HUGE for our D, it still did not address what our D really needs.....

My point is that Jauron may have made bad decisions here and there but overall the Bills have been just a few impact plays away from winning most of the games we played this year and I think Jauron knows exactly what he needs to bring in either in FA or Draft in order to win.

I know and we all know that Jauron and co. in the next draft will certainly draft the players we need. If we get a new coach in here who knows what will happen.

Im confident that this team will vastly improve personnel wise through FA and draft and then we will be able to judge Jauron with a full deck of cards rather then just a makeshift team. Denney, Kelsay, Preston, Reed as a #2, Royal, Ellison, Simpson\Scott, are all players that Jauron starts out of necessity and those are very crucial positions.

Im willing to see what Jauron comes up with this off-season.
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Re: Im ok with Jauron coming back....

Originally posted by Mahdi
    Here's why....

Anytime you are a coach in this league and you dont have what you believe you need to win personnel wise you tend to reach a little bit in other areas such as play calling, style of play and so on... Im pretty sure we can all agree that this roster is lacking. I dont think we are lacking a ton of players but I do think we lack a couple of IMPACT players. Guys who change games, and that starts with our DL.

Lets face it, a cover 2 defense with starters at DE such as Kelsay and Denney is like a 3-4 defense with Dwayne Robertson playing the Nose. It might get you by but its not going to make your defense a shut down unit. However once you get the player that makes your defense what it is such as the acquisition of Jenkins then there is a dramatic difference. The essence of a 3-4 defense relies on the ability of the nose tackle the essence of a cover 2 relies on the defensive ends, thats why the Colts have had a playmaking defense for years even though they have had a revolving door at DT. So although the acquisition of Stroud was HUGE for our D, it still did not address what our D really needs.....

My point is that Jauron may have made bad decisions here and there but overall the Bills have been just a few impact plays away from winning most of the games we played this year and I think Jauron knows exactly what he needs to bring in either in FA or Draft in order to win.

I know and we all know that Jauron and co. in the next draft will certainly draft the players we need. If we get a new coach in here who knows what will happen.

Im confident that this team will vastly improve personnel wise through FA and draft and then we will be able to judge Jauron with a full deck of cards rather then just a makeshift team. Denney, Kelsay, Preston, Reed as a #2, Royal, Ellison, Simpson\Scott, are all players that Jauron starts out of necessity and those are very crucial positions.

Im willing to see what Jauron comes up with this off-season.
    What is wrong with some of you??? Jauron has ONE winning season!??!! So, let me get this straight...it's never Dickey's fault and he gets a pass for every bad move that costs this team wins? You guys are funny, clueless, but funny.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
      • Feb 2005

Dick must be removed... Tucking will not due.

Comment

• zone
        No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
        • Oct 2003

The problems run so much deeper than lacking a few player. It's a complete overall attitude or lack there of.

The practicing inside and not caring about home field advantage and preferring to be warm and cozy. The spineless, pressure less, small and weak, but supposedly "fast", bend don't break defense. The only scoring 3 points a game offense, it's not Buffalo Bills football it's instilled by the coaching staff, I don't want it....

IT NEEDS TO GO ASAP!
        www.blzbus.com

Comment

• don137
          • Jul 2002

The players have consistently said how they have underperformed this year. Whose fault is it for players not playing up to their ability week in and week out?

Comment

• Mahdi
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by zone
            The problems run so much deeper than lacking a few player. It's a complete overall attitude or lack there of.

The practicing inside and not caring about home field advantage and preferring to be warm and cozy. The spineless, pressure less, small and weak, but supposedly "fast", bend don't break defense. The only scoring 3 points a game offense, it's not Buffalo Bills football it's instilled by the coaching staff, I don't want it....

IT NEEDS TO GO ASAP!
            That's my whole point.... We play a style of defense that doesn't work because we dont have the right players a key positions... If the Colts replace Freeney and Mathis with Kelsay and Denney they would have a similar record to ours.

Since Jauron has been here he hasn't had the players needed to succeed and we all see that and complain about it.

Jauron is not blameless... He has made a few bad calls but overall this team has been competitive despite the lack of talent at so many positions....

We all laugh at how bad JP is and have seen how far Trent fell yet we were still in every game... coaching has to have something to do with that.

All im saying is that I wouldn't mind giving Jauron another shot with the right players.

Comment

• zone
              No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
              • Oct 2003

It starts with the coaches, but obviously the players are the ones on the field and have to take a huge chunk of the blame. The lack of veteran leadership really hurts this team as well.
              www.blzbus.com

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by don137
                The players have consistently said how they have underperformed this year. Whose fault is it for players not playing up to their ability week in and week out?
                All players say that when they lose. And all coaches put the blame on themselves when they lose. Its media talk.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Im ok with Jauron coming back...
                  I'm not...he cost the ILLS two games in the same manner. You don't get to do that in the NFL.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                    I'm not...he cost the ILLS two games in the same manner. You don't get to do that in the NFL.
                    Unless you work for the Buffalo Bills!

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

That's my whole point.... We play a style of defense that doesn't work because we dont have the right players a key positions... If the Colts replace Freeney and Mathis with Kelsay and Denney they would have a similar record to ours.

Since Jauron has been here he hasn't had the players needed to succeed and we all see that and complain about it.

Jauron is not blameless... He has made a few bad calls but overall this team has been competitive despite the lack of talent at so many positions....

We all laugh at how bad JP is and have seen how far Trent fell yet we were still in every game... coaching has to have something to do with that.

All im saying is that I wouldn't mind giving Jauron another shot with the right players.
                      We're NEVER going to have the right personnel for this D. Poz, Whitner, Kelsay, Denney, Schobel- all the guys that are out of place in this D were either drafted, signed or re-signed since Jauron and this current FO took over.

The problem is that Jauron doesn't recognize or utilize the talent that he has. Think of the lack of QB sneaks when JP was the starter. Think of the lack of bombs to Evans all last season, Poz at MLB even when DiGiorgio was healthy, etc.... it all culminates in trusting JP to throw the ball on Sunday afternoon.

This team does lack talent, that much is true. But think about this: last season, we had a stronger schedule plus a shocking amount of injuries. This year, we picked up a few key FA's (Mitchell, Stroud), plus some of our young guys had more experience, plus we had an easier schedule, plus Brady was injured so the division was competitive. Yet, we went backwards while the Jets and Dolphins made tremendous strides forwards. More talent, less injuries, weaker schedule.... maybe the problem ISN'T the players.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mahdi
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        We're NEVER going to have the right personnel for this D. Poz, Whitner, Kelsay, Denney, Schobel- all the guys that are out of place in this D were either drafted, signed or re-signed since Jauron and this current FO took over.

The problem is that Jauron doesn't recognize or utilize the talent that he has. Think of the lack of QB sneaks when JP was the starter. Think of the lack of bombs to Evans all last season, Poz at MLB even when DiGiorgio was healthy, etc.... it all culminates in trusting JP to throw the ball on Sunday afternoon.

This team does lack talent, that much is true. But think about this: last season, we had a stronger schedule plus a shocking amount of injuries. This year, we picked up a few key FA's (Mitchell, Stroud), plus some of our young guys had more experience, plus we had an easier schedule, plus Brady was injured so the division was competitive. Yet, we went backwards while the Jets and Dolphins made tremendous strides forwards. More talent, less injuries, weaker schedule.... maybe the problem ISN'T the players.
                        Exactly... The Jets and Dolphins made strides.... where? at the Qb position where we have remained stagnant... Thats 4 losses right there. This game has a lot to do with Qbing and we simply dont and havent had it for 10 years.... Yet like I said we still could have won more games if we had players that fit our system. Pass rushers are hard to come by though so although re-signing Kelsay was not ideal, there weren't many other options on the market.

Im sure that once we get what everyone already knows we need this team will succeed.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                          Roways rooking ahread!
                          • Sep 2005

Dick's already a corpse, so that dying idea is out.

Comment

• Crazygoo
                            • Nov 2005

the guy has no heart
                            :chug: BEER ME!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Exactly... The Jets and Dolphins made strides.... where? at the Qb position where we have remained stagnant... Thats 4 losses right there. This game has a lot to do with Qbing and we simply dont and havent had it for 10 years.... Yet like I said we still could have won more games if we had players that fit our system. Pass rushers are hard to come by though so although re-signing Kelsay was not ideal, there weren't many other options on the market.

Im sure that once we get what everyone already knows we need this team will succeed.
                              well then you have a chicken or the egg problem. Is it the coach, or the players? If Jauron coached NE or Indy, would he win? If Bellicheck was coaching the Bills, would he win?

At some point, the coach has to learn to work with what he has and elevate the players. Jauron doesn't do that.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X