Forked from: Edwards and Turk are fueding --- Why no downfield passing game??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Forked from: Edwards and Turk are fueding --- Why no downfield passing game??

Forked from: Edwards and Turk are fueding

Originally posted by patmoran2006
    Anyone catch the Channel 7 "Sports Final" last night? Vic Carucci was on for his weekly segment, and talked at length about sources that said that Trent Edwards and Turk have been having a very big "internal struggle" and quite simply fail to see eye to eye on anything.

I'll have to try and dig for a link somewhere, but it was on the sports show last night if anyone else had a strong enough stomach to sit through Bills highlights last night.
    I want to know what there hasn't been an attempt to pass the ball downfield. We saw a couple of bombs from JP but how many 15-30 yard passes have we seen since the SD game? Something happened to make the coaches lose their confidence in the offense.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • Crazygoo
    • Nov 2005

Re: Forked from: Edwards and Turk are fueding --- Why no downfield passing game??

why can't marshawn get 30 - 35 carries a game?
    :chug: BEER ME!!!

Comment

• Owen DeBoard
      • Sep 2007

Re: Forked from: Edwards and Turk are fueding --- Why no downfield passing game??

Originally posted by Crazygoo
      Exactly put the ball in your best players hands.
      To be the man you got to beat the man!

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

I've been saying for years we don't have the receivers to do it consistently.
        And in JP's case, he just sucks at the intermediate throws. Almost all you see from him is short stuff and bombs.
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

Vic said that Trent has confided to team members that he and Turk just aren't seeing the same things on the field and that he doesn't feel like he's getting all the help and guidance that he needs to be successful. Vic also said that Turk and Van Pelt are a little upset at Trent because some of the things they're putting into

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
            I've been saying for years we don't have the receivers to do it consistently.
            And in JP's case, he just sucks at the intermediate throws. Almost all you see from him is short stuff and bombs.
            I'll give you JP but we weren't doing it with Trent in there either. This has been a consistent pattern since Evans resigned.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Crazygoo
              480 or 500 carries a year? even the greatest backs have never run it that much...the NFL record is 416. That's 26 carries a game. 22-25 a game would be fine.

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                I'll give you JP but we weren't doing it with Trent in there either. This has been a consistent pattern since Evans resigned.
                And since Trent's injuries. He used to be good at the medium-range passes; it was his signature. It was one of the things that set him apart from JP.
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• acehole
                  • Jan 2006

Blah blah jp this jp that...is it at all possible turk know what Trent is capable of and does not want to put the qb in position to win the game on his own? We didtry that and it did not work to well...besides that mean longer pocket time and trent is built like a glued toothpick statue of himself and we know what happens when he gets a little tackle....knowbody is scared of us on offense because of it...
                  Hated by the stupid..
                  Loved by their moms.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                    And since Trent's injuries. .
                    excuses, excuses. JP used to be the best at throwing downfield. It was what set him apart vs. the other qb's in the league. Under Turk the strengths of the qb's have been taken away. Wake up.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

We have one downfield threat in Evans. Everyone in the league figured this out after they let him run wild in 2006.

I'm going to defend JP and Edwards on this one. I keep hearing how during games Evans is open and yes that might be true for a few plays but it's not alot. So expecting any QB to know exactly when Evans is going to be open when most of the plays are timing plays is ridiculous.

Our #2 and #3 guys can't draw enough coverage to get Evans matchups that are favorable. It happened a few times early this year when Reed was healthy but the minute he was out of the lineup things changed quickly.

Has Parrish even caught a pass in the slot this year? Teams are defending one reveiver on this team and until that changes you can't blame either QB for lack of a deep threat.

Comment

Working...
                      X