PDA

View Full Version : Here is why Dick Jauron should be fired.

Ebenezer
12-15-2008, 07:01 PM
October 8, 2007

Buffalo 24 Dallas 16
3:58 remaining and Buffalo has the ball, 3rd and 7 from its own 41. Clock is running but Dallas has all three time outs. The Bills throw an incomplete pass that takes five seconds off the clock and saves Dallas a time out. There is 3:53 left in the game. A running play takes the clock down to at least 3:50 and forces Dallas to spend a time out or run the risk of the clock going down to 3:11 before a punt. The ensuing punt takes 8 seconds and goes into the endzone. The Cowboys would have had 80 yards to go for a TD with either 3:03 remaining and three time outs or 3:45 remaining and two time outs.

Why is this important? With 40 seconds to go in the game Dallas was still behind by 8 points. It is possible that they wouldn't have scored the tying touchdown. Even if they had would they have had the chance to kick on onsides kick, recover it and run three plays with the time remaining? Highly doubtful.

December 14, 2008

Buffalo 27 NYJ 24

We all know what happened - no reason to go over it again.

Two games a year apart that called for a simple running play to probably ice the game. It didn't happen. First time, shame on you. Second time.......

Shall we review the coaching decisions in the Denver game last year? The Cleveland game this year?

Owen DeBoard
12-15-2008, 07:08 PM
October 8, 2007

Buffalo 24 Dallas 16
3:58 remaining and Buffalo has the ball, 3rd and 7 from its own 41. Clock is running but Dallas has all three time outs. The Bills throw an incomplete pass that takes five seconds off the clock and saves Dallas a time out. There is 3:53 left in the game. A running play takes the clock down to at least 3:50 and forces Dallas to spend a time out or run the risk of the clock going down to 3:11 before a punt. The ensuing punt takes 8 seconds and goes into the endzone. The Cowboys would have had 80 yards to go for a TD with either 3:03 remaining and three time outs or 3:45 remaining and two time outs.

Why is this important? With 40 seconds to go in the game Dallas was still behind by 8 points. It is possible that they wouldn't have scored the tying touchdown. Even if they had would they have had the chance to kick on onsides kick, recover it and run three plays with the time remaining? Highly doubtful.

December 14, 2008

Buffalo 27 NYJ 24

We all know what happened - no reason to go over it again.

Two games a year apart that called for a simple running play to probably ice the game. It didn't happen. First time, shame on you. Second time.......

Shall we review the coaching decisions in the Denver game last year? The Cleveland game this year?:goodpost:

tat2dmike77
12-15-2008, 07:55 PM
Is this for people who have in acoma for the last few years?

Nighthawk
12-15-2008, 08:39 PM
Is this for people who have in acoma for the last few years?

Yeah, and there seems to be a few on this board lately!

tat2dmike77
12-15-2008, 08:46 PM
Yeah, and there seems to be a few on this board lately!

I know i have a bad memory because of all the meds i have to shove down my throat but i remember all the follies by this team. All the memory's are accompanied by the Benny hill theme song.