PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I may be the biggest advocate for Cowher, but i dont mind Dick comin back.

BillsWin
12-15-2008, 11:13 PM
To explain my stance I will ask a question.

Would you rather have Ralph hire another horrible coach with no chance at all at the playoffs and another 3-4 years of us hoping that we were just rebuilding, or consistency and building off of what is here?

Think about it, we always hire some deadbeat off the street. if we are going to hire mediocracy then lets stick to what weve got. because it wont get better if Ralph is planning on hiring another Dick.

JD
12-15-2008, 11:19 PM
:ontome:

Antoni
12-15-2008, 11:30 PM
I don't mind Dick coming back either. He deserves another shot

jamze132
12-16-2008, 12:55 AM
That's like saying you wish he would just kick you in the balls and then touch your woohoo while you are on the ground. I say, no thanks to that, get rid of Dick.

X-Era
12-16-2008, 05:47 AM

Would you rather have Ralph hire another horrible coach with no chance at all at the playoffs and another 3-4 years of us hoping that we were just rebuilding, or consistency and building off of what is here?

Think about it, we always hire some deadbeat off the street. if we are going to hire mediocracy then lets stick to what weve got. because it wont get better if Ralph is planning on hiring another Dick.

Before anyone jumps down my throat, the assumption here is that Ralph will never hire a decent HC.

If you believe that assumption for a minute, then yes it makes sense to keep our existing coach.

But if your coach isnt that great and the team actually has intentions of getting better at that spot (and is willing to pay for an upgrade) then Jauron should get the axe in the spirit of trying to get better.

Unfortunately, we have shown we have no intention of bringing in a significant upgrade over the average coaching we have had since Marv.

At that point, keeping Jauron makes sense so that you can build another level on an existing team rather than knock the foundation down and build all over again.

don137
12-16-2008, 06:52 AM
Wilson is notorious for replacing crap with crap so what's the difference if he is not going to sign a big name coach. All I know is if a big name coach is not brought in you will see attendance drop and fan support drop next year.

Mitchy moo
12-16-2008, 06:53 AM
We've been dicked for 3 years.

Owen DeBoard
12-16-2008, 07:27 AM
Really? He has had his shots. Three years of 7-9 or worse and he cant even hit .500. Thats enough for me. He had his chance to build a team. I dont care who they hire get rid of Jauron. Maybe we could find a diamond in the rough coach who knows?

ddaryl
12-16-2008, 07:32 AM
Wilson is notorious for replacing crap with crap so what's the difference if he is not going to sign a big name coach. All I know is if a big name coach is not brought in you will see attendance drop and fan support drop next year.

Sad but true but I still think we should Just say no to Dick... It is time to cut Dick off, what good is a limp Dick ?

maybe Ralph gets lucky agian, like he did with Marv

historypete
12-16-2008, 07:50 AM

At least with a new coach there is a sense of hope. The only hope I have with Jauron is that he won't screw up a major decision from series to series.

Look, Jauron going is not going to fix everything that is obvious. This organization needs a complete house cleaning. The culture, outlook and talent evaluation all needs to be replaced. Firing Jauron only won't fix that, but with that said he needs to go. Eight coaching seasons on his resume and only one was a winning season. That speaks volumes about his abilities, or inability.

THATHURMANATOR
12-16-2008, 07:53 AM

Jauron has absolutely proven he doesn't have what it takes. A new coach would at least give me hope.

THATHURMANATOR
12-16-2008, 07:53 AM
At least with a new coach there is a sense of hope. The only hope I have with Jauron is that he won't screw up a major decision from series to series.

Look, Jauron going is not going to fix everything that is obvious. This organization needs a complete house cleaning. The culture, outlook and talent evaluation all needs to be replaced. Firing Jauron only won't fix that, but with that said he needs to go. Eight coaching seasons on his resume and only one was a winning season. That speaks volumes about his abilities, or inability.
EXACTLY!!!!!

billsfanone
12-16-2008, 07:54 AM
Jauron is a proven loser.

acehole
12-16-2008, 07:54 AM
Get Cowhar out of the mind.

We will not pay for any quality on this team period.

THATHURMANATOR
12-16-2008, 07:56 AM
Get Cowhar out of the mind.

We will not pay for any quality on this team period.
Its Cohwer and NO I WON'T GET HIM OUT OF MY MIND.

HHURRICANE
12-16-2008, 08:28 AM

This is what alot of people are saying and I agree.

No way Wilson hires anyone that won't be a first time coach and on the cheap.

At least Jauron's teams have been competitive. If the talent level was higher than maybe I'd say let's get someone else but at least he's getting the losers on this roster to at least be competitive.

A new guy, without experience, might make things much worse with this roster.

THATHURMANATOR
12-16-2008, 08:39 AM
No way Wilson hires anyone that won't be a first time coach and on the cheap.

You mean like the last coach he hired that was NOT a first time coach.