PDA

View Full Version : This bother anybody else?

BillsNYC
05-06-2003, 10:21 AM
"saw him try to throw guys through the ground, man."

"That's what I like right there, you know? Hopefully, the guy won't get up, you know? Against somebody like a Buffalo Bill, you know, you hit a Travis Henry, throw his butt to the ground, he won't get up, so that's one less weapon we gotta worry about, you know?" Evans chortled. "Or Ricky Williams."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/05032003/sports/jets/35100.htm

its one thing to want to stop a player...but injure a player so he won't get up? i'm not taking this serious...just think it shows a lack of class on Josh Evans part....

Ð
05-06-2003, 10:25 AM
It's just trash talk....

HenryRules
05-06-2003, 10:28 AM
It depends on the intent that Evans has when talking there ... I don't think you want to injure a guy so that he doesn't play again ... but I do think that you want to tackle guys so that they don't want to get up and go anymore.

Earthquake Enyart
05-06-2003, 10:39 AM
I don't know. Wouldn't bother me if he hurt Ricky Williams. :snicker:

Tatonka
05-06-2003, 10:41 AM
evans sucks.

ublinkwescore
05-06-2003, 07:57 PM
Who was the guy that Bledsoe knocked on his ass?

Wasn't that Evans' buttbuddy - maybe he's upset about that.

ublinkwescore
05-06-2003, 07:58 PM
Jason Ferguson?

Dozerdog
05-06-2003, 08:07 PM
Nailing a guy and knocking him out is fair and square.

Blindsiding a guy, hitting after the whistle, deliberatly going for the head or knees, that should warrent a suspension- as long as the victim is out injured for.

Michael82
05-06-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Nailing a guy and knocking him out is fair and square.

Blindsiding a guy, hitting after the whistle, deliberatly going for the head or knees, that should warrent a suspension- as long as the victim is out injured for.

What about cheap shots? I still say that Warren Sapp should have been suspended for a week or two, or at least fined for the TERRIBLE hit that he laid on the Packers Tackle. :angry:ing Sapp!!!!

McGahee
05-06-2003, 09:59 PM
that guy was still invlolved in the play. whistle never blew. IF you are on the field and the play is still going on you should EITHER be tackling, blocking or running. NOT sleeping.

mikemac2001
05-06-2003, 10:04 PM
sapp hit was perfectly legal the guy zoned out....wasnt paying attention and sapp made him remember that it was a lesson he learned from. what if whatever bucs player had the ball cut back and ran a little backwords weve seens DB's do that all the time. so what if he does that and sapp doesnt make the block and i forgot the guys name makes the tackle now sapp looks like the guy not doing his job. not sapps fault.

Billz_fan
05-06-2003, 10:04 PM
His statements dont bother me. He is just trying to draw attention through trash talk.

buffaloscott
05-06-2003, 11:00 PM
Josh needs to understand that it is much easier to take out a DT's legs in the course of a game than it is to get that shot on a RB...Let the hunter become the hunted....i miss Conrad Dobbler!!!

casdhf
05-07-2003, 10:57 AM
I don't think we need to worry about Josh Evans. The only time he'll see the field is on FG blocks and even then his fat ass won't make it 4 yards before the ball is kicked.

WG
05-07-2003, 12:33 PM
At least it puts the league/division on notice what his intentions are. I guess we'll have to leave the players' interpretations up to them, but as long as he's setting the table, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Just don't make us sick Drew on him...!! He levies a nasty block himself! :D