• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • syracuse76
    Knowing is half the battle......
    • Aug 2008

Anyone want MCNABB???

im pretty sure we have the room on cap. i wouldnt mind takin donavan. he would have more weapons in buffalo. im pretty sure he wouldnt mind the cold weather. i really dont think he will be in philly next year. i gotta feeling that reed is gonna take some time off to attend to his personal matter off the field. CMON MCNABB COME ON OVER TO THE DARK SIDE!!!!!
    2009 AFC East Division Champs 12-4
    POZ will lead us to the promise land
    "That which does not kill me,
    will only make me stronger"
    Nietzsche

• acehole
    • Jan 2006

Re: Anyone want MCNABB???

Originally posted by syracuse76
    im pretty sure we have the room on cap. i wouldnt mind takin donavan. he would have more weapons in buffalo. im pretty sure he wouldnt mind the cold weather. i really dont think he will be in philly next year. i gotta feeling that reed is gonna take some time off to attend to his personal matter off the field. CMON MCNABB COME ON OVER TO THE DARK SIDE!!!!!
    no!

talk about an over hyped loser.
    Hated by the stupid..
    Loved by their moms.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

In theory I wouldn't mind it.

In reality, whatever QB we bring in will be competing with Trent for the starting job, and I think McNabb will be very expensive for someone who may not even start.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• syracuse76
        Knowing is half the battle......
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by OpIv37
        In theory I wouldn't mind it.

In reality, whatever QB we bring in will be competing with Trent for the starting job, and I think McNabb will be very expensive for someone who may not even start.
        WOW. so you think edwards would start over mcnabb?? no way mcnabb is light years ahead of anything we got.
        2009 AFC East Division Champs 12-4
        POZ will lead us to the promise land
        "That which does not kill me,
        will only make me stronger"
        Nietzsche

Comment

• zone
          No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
          • Oct 2003

I would take McNabb in a heartbeat, but I believe Trent will be the starter here. I have not given up on him.
          www.blzbus.com

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Edwards will be the starter here. My guess is they'll bring in a veteran that will be a good mentor but not much of a threat.

McNabb is like a cooler version of Bledsoe. About week 8 the wheels will come off.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by syracuse76
              WOW. so you think edwards would start over mcnabb?? no way mcnabb is light years ahead of anything we got.
              In a perfect, non-political competition, McNabb would win the job 99 out of 100 times.

But I don't think the FO wants to bring in an FA who can start. I think they want to bring in an FA who can motivate Edwards, both by mentoring him and by pushing him for the starting job, but stops short of actually winning the job. Someone like McNabb is at the end of this career. They don't want a stop-gap. They want to develop Edwards into a franchise QB.

So, to answer your question, I don't think Edwards is better than McNabb, but I think Edwards would start over McNabb (if McNabb came to Buffalo) for other reasons.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                • Sep 2003

I can't even say I'd disagree with Edwards starting over McNabb. McNabb would not be here long enough to take us anywhere.
                "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                  Pinkerton's son
                  • Feb 2006

Originally posted by acehole
                  no!

talk about an over hyped loser.
                  overhyped loser? really?

hes a top 5 QB when hes healthy. If you have concerns about his health and his injury-prone-ness (?) , then I can understand your thoughts. But theres no doubt hes extremely talented.

Comment

• ddaryl
                    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                    • Jan 2005

Trent would start over any vet we bring in. We're not going to abandon Trent's developement which was hindered by a very nasty concussion this year.

However if Trent proves to be unable to stay healthy having Mcnabb would be awesome. But lets face it McNabb ain't going to any team he isn't guarenteed of starting for.

Mcnabb would be an good Mentor
                    Last edited by ddaryl; 12-16-2008, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

mcnabb's injury problems worry me. i know Trent is injury prone at this point too, but trent isn't on the wrong side of 30, so he'll technically heal faster.

Mcnabb's positive is that for the last 3 years he hasn't had anyone to throw to and has hung in there.

plus mcnabb's eagles are kind of a dark horse rightnow. if he sneaks them into the playoffs and does well without the pressure of having to deliver, the city of philadelphia may be enamored to keep him.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

McNabb is one of the top QBs in football, a high character guy, and is miles ahead of Trent at this stage. I would take him in a heartbeat.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Buffalogic
                          Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                          • Feb 2006

Lol I'm a Trent fan, but it would be idiotic to start Edwards over Mcnabb if they were both bills. Add Mcnabb and a center and we would be in good shape on offense.

Never happen though.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                            McNabb is one of the top QBs in football, a high character guy, and is miles ahead of Trent at this stage. I would take him in a heartbeat.
                            Thank you!!

Besides the Bills, the one team I regularly follow is the Eagles. I have been watching McNabb for years. While McNabb isn't as consistent as Manning or Brady, he's one of the best.

The one thing I fault the Eagles for is that they never gave McNabb enough playmakers at WR (besides TO). If TO and McNabb played their careers together, IMO, we would be talking about McNabb as a sure-fire hall of famer.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                              • Feb 2005

And by the way, McNabb is not leaving the Eagles. In the small chance that he does, the Vikings seem to be the best suitors.

Comment

Working...
                              X